• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    I pay and print the label online and then drop the box off wherever's convenient, including UPS Stores. Never been asked what's in the box.

CENTURIATOR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2018
    Saint Louis
    I pay and print the label online and then drop the box off wherever's convenient, including UPS Stores. Never been asked what's in the box.

4879626-so+smart.jpg

Ding. Ding. Ding. And ditto for FedEx. Easy-peasy.

LazyL0228

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2019
    Quincy
    I myself go to UPS on 16th street they tape all of my boxes and are very helpful. Even ask what I am shipping and if I just did not like it or working on something new. Real nice people.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I ran into this today. I went to the UPS hub and tried to ship an upper out. The lady tells me she can't take it because the shipping label is from a UPS store. So, I go to the UPS store, and the lady asks me what's in the box. I tell her it's a gun barrel and she immediately tells me they don't ship gun parts, I have to go to the hub. I tell her first of all, I've already been to the hub and they sent me here because it's a UPS store label and, second, they are the ones who created the label and charged shipping charges to the company knowing full well that the company only sells gun parts. Another lady poked her head around the corner and said, ship it. I'll go on record saying that I strongly dislike UPS stores.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Thinking back this is the second time...

Lady: what are you shipping?
    Me: a rifle scope.
    Lady: we don't ship gun parts
    Me: fine, it's a thermal scanner and here's your shipping label.
    Lady: ok, here's your tracking number.

:ugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I ran into this today. I went to the UPS hub and tried to ship an upper out. The lady tells me she can't take it because the shipping label is from a UPS store. So, I go to the UPS store, and the lady asks me what's in the box. I tell her it's a gun barrel and she immediately tells me they don't ship gun parts, I have to go to the hub. I tell her first of all, I've already been to the hub and they sent me here because it's a UPS store label and, second, they are the ones who created the label and charged shipping charges to the company knowing full well that the company only sells gun parts. Another lady poked her head around the corner and said, ship it. I'll go on record saying that I strongly dislike UPS stores.

I'm surprised they ask you what's in the package. I've never been asked on something that already had a label, that I am aware of.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Make life easy and setup an account on USPS, FedEX and UPS. Based on what you are shipping use the proper carrier based on their published rules. Box it, weigh it, create your own label with the insurance amount you need, pay on your credit card and print the label.

I have never had anyone at any vendor ask me anything other than do you need a receipt for anything I have ever shipped. I've even handed it directly to a driver in a truck before. Just make sure they scan it and you have notifications setup for the minimum tender and delivery. As soon as its scanned you can look at your phone and the email will show up.

I also never use boxes that would give any indication what may or may not be inside.

Mike

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Make life easy and setup an account on USPS, FedEX and UPS. Based on what you are shipping use the proper carrier based on their published rules. Box it, weigh it, create your own label with the insurance amount you need, pay on your credit card and print the label.

I have never had anyone at any vendor ask me anything other than do you need a receipt for anything I have ever shipped. I've even handed it directly to a driver in a truck before. Just make sure they scan it and you have notifications setup for the minimum tender and delivery. As soon as its scanned you can look at your phone and the email will show up.

I also never use boxes that would give any indication what may or may not be inside.

Mike

This. Its dead simple, especially if you have an ebay or paypal account. They help you set it up even! (they assume you'll sell more stuff and give them more commissions if its easier to ship)

And if they ask, "metal machine parts"

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The stores ask what's in it because they don't want to ship haz accidentally. They bet on your honesty. The stores are not allowed to ship gun parts, because of the chain of accountability. Ups does not train them on good not good when it comes to gun shipping regs. Ups generally only has a few people trained at their own locations to handle firearms shipments.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The stores ask what's in it because they don't want to ship haz accidentally. They bet on your honesty. The stores are not allowed to ship gun parts, because of the chain of accountability. Ups does not train them on good not good when it comes to gun shipping regs. Ups generally only has a few people trained at their own locations to handle firearms shipments.

I get asking about certain things (like usps does), but I've never been asked the open ended question "what's in the box".

Also a non serial numbered, non firearm designated part, is not a firearm.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I get asking about certain things (like usps does), but I've never been asked the open ended question "what's in the box".

Also a non serial numbered, non firearm designated part, is not a firearm.

And remember, UPS Store != UPS.

[video=youtube;0cmqwbZa6_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w[/video]

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    How many desk workers would know that the grip frame of a Ruger mkiii 22/45 was OK, but not a frame of a 1911? Shipping companies can hold some liability in trafficking cases so they overly protective. It's not that they hate 2a, they are just cya.

Top Bottom