• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nor did they care about Kennedy's and he was arguably one of the most loved and respected presidents in history.

The general public did not know about JFK's escapades. I imagine if they did, he would have gotten much worse than Clinton.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I say we have another Omarosa on our hands here looking to cash in.

Only difference though is that Omarosa didn’t hide behind the cloak of anonymity to turn on Trump and make her accusations.

She was just as sneaky though creeping around behind the scenes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump's sexual exploits, admitted to in some cases, paid off in others, don't matter to the MAGA crowd.

Actual proof of the accusations in this book wouldn't matter to them either.

I don't see why anyone here is asking for proof.

Well, Clinton's sexual exploits with the powerless, the underage and his subordinates don't seem to matter to your team; so don't squawk when we play the game using your rules

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Recently heard G. E. Griffin ask some very common sense questions about what the president has been doing for three years as it may pertain to the century old SOP relating to the fed of creating controlled opposition. The questions of course were insinuating that the president is or may have become controlled opposition. In consideration of what/who I have thought the factions at work actually are Mr. Griffin provides much to ponder.
    Especially so when I think about the ring leaders arrayed against the president.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Absolutely true. I think it pretty obvious that if Trump actually did something that Trump supporters thought would be impeachable for anyone else, they'd refuse to turn their back on him. So what's the point other than propping up their pseudo-deity?

So stand down and let our president do the job we elected him to do

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Absolutely true. I think it pretty obvious that if Trump actually did something that Trump supporters thought would be impeachable for anyone else, they'd refuse to turn their back on him.

Sort of like collateral damage? Of course, the impeachable offense would have to be pretty severe. The thought of the left winning the next election is extremely high and unless a proven crime, serious crime (very serious crime) - he'll continue to get support.

So far I cannot imagine ANYTHING that has been presented is worse than what Obama and Hillary's clan did. I personally feel the attack on Trump over the last 3 plus years is criminal in and of itself.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, Clinton's sexual exploits with the powerless, the underage and his subordinates don't seem to matter to your team; so don't squawk when we play the game using your rules

Oh, they mattered. Clinton dishonored the presidency. He was never truly forgiven by most of us.

Now, can you understand why those of us who felt that way think Trump is pond scum?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Just out of curiosity, vis a vis the cloak of anonymity; does learning the current whistleblower's identity and information about his background make you:

A) More likely to believe his allegations

B) Less likely to believe his allegations

C) Had no effect on your likelihood to believe his allegations
    Slightly more believable of course. But true believers will find a way to discredit a known author. I will say that you cannot hide your identity very long writing a book like this, lots of clues. It will be entertaining to read but it won't matter. Supports won't care and haters already hate. Yawn....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Slightly more believable of course. But true believers will find a way to discredit a known author. I will say that you cannot hide your identity very long writing a book like this, lots of clues. It will be entertaining to read but it won't matter. Supports won't care and haters already hate. Yawn....

That's what I thought. I thin most likely, the person has probably already left the administration, or will be making a quick exit once it hits the shelves.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, this will be another Trump-era Rorschach test. And, as long as some of the more dramatic things are stated in terms of opinion, then there may not be any kind of defamation case.

Trump's reaction will be interesting. In the past, he's said some pretty aggressive things about the limits of the 1A when it comes to things that are critical of him.

Polling seems to make a good case that moderate voters don’t like Trump’s tweeting. So a good strategy for Democrats might be to trigger him as often as they can to get him to react with more “Trump”. Of course he could decide not to react like that. But his behavior seems to be deterministic.

You push this button, you get that reaction. It’s fine for the base. They get a kick out of it. But, people who are politically homeless, who can’t find a good reason to vote for any of the Democrats, end up not caring much for Trump either. That becomes important in the swing states where it was crossover voters who won him the election, not the Trumpers.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's what I thought. I thin most likely, the person has probably already left the administration, or will be making a quick exit once it hits the shelves.
    They might even make the media rounds to promote the book at that point. If so whomever it is will be their new MSM darling.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Polling seems to make a good case that moderate voters don’t like Trump’s tweeting. So a good strategy for Democrats might be to trigger him as often as they can to get him to react with more “Trump”. Of course he could decide not to react like that. But his behavior seems to be deterministic.

You push this button, you get that reaction. It’s fine for the base. They get a kick out of it. But, people who are politically homeless, who can’t find a good reason to vote for any of the Democrats, end up not caring much for Trump either. That becomes important in the swing states where it was crossover voters who won him the election, not the Trumpers.
    Yeah, but in the post-2016 political world, polling is a bit of a illusion - or at least until it proves itself again.

Awkwardly, I always hated the use of proprietary modifiers to shift raw polling numbers one way or the other. It just smacked of confirmation bias. However, with Trump, I think any raw polling numbers need to be shifted in his favor. Except for Rasmussen, which probably goes just a bit too far in his favor.

If NBC has him -10 for job performance, and Rasmussen has him at -2, then the latter is probably more accurate when it comes to voting.

Especially with the current crop of Dems.

Top Bottom