Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I strive to do better. :yesway:

I only got three off, but they were all in the chest and would have fit inside a tennis ball.

Watching the video I seemed to hesitate during my draw.:dunno:

I only got one off...damn glocks!:):
    The PW shoot was the first time I shot my new glock and I was very happy with how it ran. during the pop up target I found out that it was the ammo..the primer had been hit but it didnt go off. I was using WWB ammo:dunno: I ran about 200 rounds through it after than and not a single problem. I think I shot a total of 350 rounds and only that one hiccup and I'll go ahead and blame it on the ammo. +1 for the glock 19:D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I only got one off...damn glocks!:):
    The PW shoot was the first time I shot my new glock and I was very happy with how it ran. during the pop up target I found out that it was the ammo..the primer had been hit but it didnt go off. I was using WWB ammo:dunno: I ran about 200 rounds through it after than and not a single problem. I think I shot a total of 350 rounds and only that one hiccup and I'll go ahead and blame it on the ammo. +1 for the glock 19:D
    It could have been the ammo. I've seen Winchester ammo with very hard primers fail in .357 revolvers and 9 mm semi autos. :dunno:

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It could have been the ammo. I've seen Winchester ammo with very hard primers fail in .357 revolvers and 9 mm semi autos. :dunno:

^^^^^

What he said!!!!

It especially seems to happen with revolvers when people erroneously think the way to do a trigger job on them is by filing down the strain screw. That gives you a lighter trigger but also leads to light strikes. Happened on my 686 when I bought it used - props to wlw who helped me figure out the issue and I eventually had S&W send me a new screw.

Only time I have seen light strikes with a semi-auto was on a gun that looked like the owner never cleaned it..like EVER..the firing pin hole was was clogged.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That pop out drill would be FUN and crazy with a .357 mag! I wish I would have had a holster for it...

LOL, agreed.....I wish I could find a NON-thumb break leather paddle holster for mine that still has adequate retention. Then I would give it a go.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    That pop out drill would be FUN and crazy with a .357 mag! I wish I would have had a holster for it...

At the last PW shoot we had a running man set up during the training...I ran it once with a .44mag. about broke my wrist from firing off the hip as soon as it cleared the holster:laugh:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm glad I didn't bring the running man set up, we just didn't have room for it there.
    But next time it should be a new and improved running man!! :D

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County

If I had a cowboy style holster for mine I would of done it in a heartbeat. I also think the bowling pins would of been fun with the revolvers. I'm sure I could of done better then :)

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I strive to do better. :yesway:

I only got three off, but they were all in the chest and would have fit inside a tennis ball.

Watching the video I seemed to hesitate during my draw.:dunno:

yeah my best was 3 as well, but they were all chest kill shots, either in lungs or heart areas. Time for a holster change for me, I really need to get one without that sweatshield.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Thank you fpd9317 for making this event happen! :yesway: It looks like a great time was had by all :ingo:

How about some eye protection people? :n00b:

I'm not seeing it in many of these pics and am wondering why. We have people shooting pins on the ground, into a wood pile, steel etc. I would hate for someone to lose an eye / get hurt at an event that was set up on INGO.

Hope to make it to the next one! :ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have eye protection at all times. I didn't see too many people without it either, but you're right, there were some. But I will tell you this. There was a LOT of ricochet off the steel plates. I got pegged in the neck and the arm a couple times. We were lucky no one got caught in the eye, but it just goes to show that SOMEONE was looking out for us. ;)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Thank you fpd9317 for making this event happen! :yesway: It looks like a great time was had by all :ingo:

How about some eye protection people? :n00b:

I'm not seeing it in many of these pics and am wondering why. We have people shooting pins on the ground, into a wood pile, steel etc. I would hate for someone to lose an eye / get hurt at an event that was set up on INGO.

Hope to make it to the next one! :ingo:

Yes, I know Kimmi and myself wore our eyes the ENTIRE time. I don't think I ever took them off.

There was some wicked ricochet off of steel towards the end of the night. I don't know what they were shooting it with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom