• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Gary brought it, and I brought the ammo. You should have spoken up. I offered the last 10 rounds to whoever wanted it, but I didn't have any takers within earshot.

Man, that sucks. I wish I had been around, or paying attention!

I drink all the FN :koolaid:

I want a scar pretty bad.

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks everyone for making today so awesome!

H&K, I know you've heard it a lot by this point, but I really appreciate you doing the training for us. The techniques and thought-processes are invaluable, and could very well save someone's life. Thank you for your time and patience... I know we took a long time to get started.

FPD, thank you so much for coordinating the location! It was a great place to shoot without having to worry if you were going to shoot through the trees into somebody's home. Perfect area! Sorry about all the brass... :D

Thank you to everyone who let me shoot their guns! Everyone was so nice and willing to share their toys!

Overall, I want to thank everyone that was there. It was such an awesome day of new friends, hanging out, and of course shooting! I really enjoyed myself, and I'm looking forward to going out shooting with all you again soon!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Thanks everyone for making today so awesome!

H&K, I know you've heard it a lot by this point, but I really appreciate you doing the training for us. The techniques and thought-processes are invaluable, and could very well save someone's life. Thank you for your time and patience... I know we took a long time to get started.

FPD, thank you so much for coordinating the location! It was a great place to shoot without having to worry if you were going to shoot through the trees into somebody's home. Perfect area! Sorry about all the brass... :D

Thank you to everyone who let me shoot their guns! Everyone was so nice and willing to share their toys!

Overall, I want to thank everyone that was there. It was such an awesome day of new friends, hanging out, and of course shooting! I really enjoyed myself, and I'm looking forward to going out shooting with all you again soon!
    -1 on your avatar.......just saying

awesome way to spend an anniversary!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    sym2rc.jpg

1rdjj6.jpg

1p6pg1.jpg

b5p546.jpg

wtae0z.jpg

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    -1 on your avatar.......just saying

If Cru would let me have the memory card, I could make a new one. Until then though, you're stuck looking at my neon sign!

...actually, I would need him to make the avatar for me. I don't know how to do it!

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Man, that sucks. I wish I had been around, or paying attention!

I drink all the FN :koolaid:

I want a scar pretty bad.

After the numerous failure to feeds both you and Kimmi had, I think that Kool-Aid may be straight from Jim Jone's camp. It seemed that if you had a little less than optimal grip those pistols just would not cycle. My guess is they never fail during target practice, but I'd be a bit spooked if that happened to me as many times as it happened to you guys during SHTF training.

I was drawing from IWB and caught my shirt in 2 of the 3 stages I fired at the rotating target. In both cases, I rapid fired at least 3 rds with a much less than optimal grip on the pistol...... including plenty of fabric in my hand and didn't have the issues the FNs had.

As I told Kimmi, I think the reason is that those pistols are extremely light for as big as they are. My compact S&W M&P 40c is smaller but actually has more slide weight. More weight = equals more momentum going rearward. Newton's 2nd law or some such.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    O how I long for the days when Apple put FireWire on their iPods! Soooo much faster than waiting for this crap to import over USB! (Yep, FireWire400 has a higher sustained data rate than USB2, but USB2 has higher peak performance. When importing videos, FireWire would be better. Sigh.)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    After the numerous failure to feeds both you and Kimmi had, I think that Kool-Aid may be straight from Jim Jone's camp. It seemed that if you had a little less than optimal grip those pistols just would not cycle. My guess is they never fail during target practice, but I'd be a bit spooked if that happened to me as many times as it happened to you guys during SHTF training.

I was drawing from IWB and caught my shirt in 2 of the 3 stages I fired at the rotating target. In both cases, I rapid fired at least 3 rds with a much less than optimal grip on the pistol...... including plenty of fabric in my hand and didn't have the issues the FNs had.

As I told Kimmi, I think the reason is that those pistols are extremely light for as big as they are. My compact S&W M&P 40c is smaller but actually has more slide weight. More weight = equals more momentum going rearward. Newton's 2nd law or some such.

I only had one. Which sucked, but it wasn't HORRIBLE. :(

I'm not going to say it's unreliable yet.

I'm going to practice these drills more, and if it happens regularly, then I'll agree. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom