• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I will say I'm less fond of safeties, Cocked and locked or not.

for me its not that I'm less fond of safeties. I think at least for me its time to change my selection of holster. I love the one I use now, but the sweat shield gets in my way of getting to the safety sooner. plus it would be easier to get my grip quicker if I had just a bit more space between the gun and my body. I think its time for me to go holster shopping. And otherwise just practice draw and shoot more (something I don't do alot of)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I just got in. I had one helluva day!!!:D

Many thanks to fpd and his BIL for the use of his land.
    Thanks to the Blood Eclipse family for all the cookin'.
    Thanks to my buddy Relic for scoring us a ride!!

Big thanks to H&K for taking the time to do this again!!!

Once again I met some great people today!! :ingo:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    OK.... I'm not gonna stay up waiting on these videos to import from my phone any longer tonight. I'm starting Zombieland on Netflix while I fall asleep. I'll get the pics and vids up tomorrow.

Laterz.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I only had one. Which sucked, but it wasn't HORRIBLE. :(

I'm not going to say it's unreliable yet.

I'm going to practice these drills more, and if it happens regularly, then I'll agree. :)

From what I saw when taking down Kimmi's FNX, I don't think the workmanship on the pistol is bad at all. In fact I liked the gun. The feed ramp is a bit truncated, but essentially the design is the same as virtually every other modern DAO pistol including my own. I just tend to think the slide weight is tad too light. I could be wrong though - so you should absolutely continue doing the drills and find out more.

It could also be that more practice is needed in getting a higher grip on the pistol coming out of the holster. The closer the web of the hand is to the bore axis the better the pistol will cycle. Being absolutely perfect on the draw is quite difficult in stressful situations though - even with regular practice (as is the case with me and I still muffed 2 out of 3).

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK.... I'm not gonna stay up waiting on these videos to import from my phone any longer tonight. I'm starting Zombieland on Netflix while I fall asleep. I'll get the pics and vids up tomorrow.

Laterz.

Totally unacceptable - you were taught today to never quit the fight....so take your sorry arse back over to the iPhone and get busy :D

Get some rest.....I need some too.

Anybody have the smashing pumpkin video/photos? Hope & Change (perhaps it should have said Hosed & Chains) will never be the same again!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've decided to carry my M9 cocked and unlocked, that way I'm at the same readiness as I was when carrying my Glock. I've found it is just as safe as my Glock in or out of the holster.

I was almost thinking the same thing with my 1911's. But I think instead I'm going to try a different holster and just practice my draw and shoot more.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I was almost thinking the same thing with my 1911's. But I think instead I'm going to try a different holster and just practice my draw and shoot more.

I think it is not safe to do that with 1911s... I think the hammer will be resting right on the firing pin. Not sure, though.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I had a great time!
    Kinda bummed that I forgot my camera.
    was great meeting some new members and seeing the ones from PWS1!
    And a special thanks to FPD for getting us a spot to shoot and to HK for the training and also letting me shoot the micro tech!
    And another special thanks to Samot for letting me rock out on "the dragon" that thing is a beast!
    I gotta get some sleep....that drive sucked!

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I had a great time!
    Kinda bummed that I forgot my camera.
    was great meeting some new members and seeing the ones from PWS1!
    And a special thanks to HK for the training and also letting me shoot the micro tech!
    And another special thanks to Samot for letting me rock out on "the dragon" that thing is a beast!
    I gotta get some sleep....that drive sucked!

Welcome back relic.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think it is not safe to do that with 1911s... I think the hammer will be resting right on the firing pin. Not sure, though.

I didn't mean hammer down. It was just a thought though. Don't think I'm going to try that one. First going to try a holster without a sweat shield that ends up getting in my way of getting to the safety to disengage it when I draw. My current IWB tuckable has a sweatshield, and while the holster is super comfortable and protects the gun well. Its not going to do me much good if its getting in the way when I go to draw quickly. :twocents:

So thinking about trying either a different IWB, along with a couple OWB setups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom