• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yeah, I was whipped. Grunt, you had a great run and I must congratulate you on an outstanding performance. :yesway:

The day was great and I also want to thank the Kinnards for their hospitality and putting together a great event. My son had the time of his life and even beat a couple of people with his run.

Just in case anyone is wondering how the event was scored, there were eight sub-events that made up a complete run:

1. 2x4 Chop - You get 30 seconds to completely chop through the 2x4 and whatever time remains is your score (e.g., it takes 20 seconds to chop through, your score is 10).
    2. Tennis Ball - The tennis ball rolls through a tube when released. You score 10 points if you chop the ball.
    3. Golf Ball - Released through the same tube, but the score is 20 for a chop.
    4. Insulation Slice - To test the sharpness of the blade, the competitor get to slice up to five rings off of a foam tube (10 points per slice).
    5. Water Bottles - Four water bottles are lined up and the competitor gets one attempt at chopping through all four bottles with a single swing (10 points per bottle).
    6. 1x2 Chop - Same as with the 2x4 accept the competitor gets 10 seconds to chop through the wood.)
    7. Rope Chop - This proved to be the separating portion of the event. The competitor gets one attempt to completely cut through a hanging rope for a score of 30 points.
    8. 2x4 Chop - Same as #1.

Anyone can have a chance to win this competition the way DeKruiser ran it this year. To avoid accidental self-impalement the entire event was not timed. This allowed people to rest and not create an accident do to an over-competitive nature. A perfect chop and a zero on the rope is a loss. A bad chop and a score on the rope could possibly win.

If you are looking to compete next year, make sure you can cut, slice and chop! I will get some pics up tomorrow.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Here you go

1st. Dtrap! (my older brother)

2nd. Me!

3rd. Drbarnes.

4th. Dakruiser!

here are some of the blades I brought for everyone to play with!!!!

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Great day, great people, great food and great FUN!! DaKruiser and Hotpocket never fail to be great hosts and we're all lucky to have them as part of our community.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Can't wait for sun up tomorow. Going to take inventory of the lumber pile and start drawing up plans for a table. Maybe we can get some sort of Chop - In circuit going.

I wouldn't mind hosting one...maybe in the spring or something.

I was a bit bummed about not being able to get down there, but my three year old's birthday party wasn't too shabby. :laugh:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm Home!! What a great time! A Big thank you to DK & HP for letting us come and share their beautiful property, and for the time and effort they put in to making this a great time for all that were there! :rockwoot: Pictures coming tomorrow! I'm pooped!! :D

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Wow, what a great day. I'm wore out and I love it. I can't say thanks enough to HP and DaKruiser for all they do. Thanks to M67, DRBarnes, Grunt Soldier and Dtrapp for bringing out all of your toys and answering questions. It would be hard to find a better group of people than we had together today.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Even if I didn't have to work I don't know that I'd attend a Chop-In. Seems like there's a lot of Koolaid there that I need to avoid. :D;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Yes stay away. If not you might find yourself selling guns to buy knives. :):

One of the reasons I come is because I know darn good and well that I can't afford most of the toys that will be there. I intend for that to change eventually though. This way I can get still some exposure to different products and schools of thought. By the time I'm ready to grow my collection I should have plenty of great experience and info to base my decisions on. :yesway:

BTW, it was great to meet you! :ingo:

Top Bottom