• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Went into the new one in Jeffersonville for first time couple weeks ago. Have ordered online before but first time in an actual store. Pretty nice, I didn't think prices were to bad. I did meet an idiot behind the gun counter. They had one of the Glock 17 Gen 1 remakes in stock. I commented about it and his only reply was " I hate Glocks they feel like a board in my hand". I wanted to tell him I really don't give a S!@# what you think but quietly moved on. Other then that guy it was good visit I'll go back again.

Had to be one of my old customers....

He's using my line....

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ordered a Wheeler fat wrench from them yesterday. Under $50 including tax and shipping as they has a 20% off site wide promo code. Should see it Saturday.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Academy. All been online though. Wish we could get one up my way

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Made my first order with them recently, only place I could find a Mossberg MVP Patrol in stock that ship to store. From chatter in the Asian 2A/gun groups, I've only heard positive things. Now I have found cheaper options, but Academy is a good place if you need ammo immediately.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Westfield/Carmel store is open. Prices are about equal to Cabella. They do give discounts to military and some VIP discount that I have yet to figure out. A friend, retired Marine walked out with a 20% military discount and a 20% VIP discount. He couldn't believe 40% off!!!

Grand opening sales this weekend appear to be hourly things.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Their pricing is interesting. Some stuff they sell for really cheap. Other stuff not so much.

I just got a 5 person tent at the Lafayette store for $60, but their 9mm WWB ammo was "on sale" for 60 cents per round.

Their clothing all seems to be priced well, and some shoes, especially the Magellan line (house brand) and the quality seems good enough.

They also offer 10% off for teachers. I don't know if that's an all the time deal or just for back to school, but my fiance teaches a graduate class at Purdue so we take advantage of that discount when we're in there.

chinook

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Here is a link to the Westfield Grand Opening Weekend specials. Blazer Brass at $0.24/rd and Taurus G2C at $199.99. Good, but not great (no shipping or FFL fees). Also, a chance to meet Joey Chestnut on Sunday.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Their pricing is interesting. Some stuff they sell for really cheap. Other stuff not so much.

I just got a 5 person tent at the Lafayette store for $60, but their 9mm WWB ammo was "on sale" for 60 cents per round.

Their clothing all seems to be priced well, and some shoes, especially the Magellan line (house brand) and the quality seems good enough.

They also offer 10% off for teachers. I don't know if that's an all the time deal or just for back to school, but my fiance teaches a graduate class at Purdue so we take advantage of that discount when we're in there.
    Are you sure you saw that right? Yesterday at the Jeffersonville store WWB 9mm was $29.99 for a 100 round box and $16.99 for a 50 round box. Someone may have put the sign in the wrong place or something.

Top Bottom