• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So even without a sear and what not, it still can't be transferred as a normal AR? Right?

Just clarifying for future reference and the OP.
    Just to further clarify, that is for one that has the cutout and hole for the auto-sear.

In this case, if this is an AR15 with M16 FCG parts it can be transferred, but (as posted) I would take AR FCG parts with me and have the shop owner take care of it because in the current state it would be considered an MG by the ATF because it could be "readily converted to an MG".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Run, don't walk, run away from him and disavow ever meeting him.
    "Got a wife and kids on Ruby Ridge, please don't shoot me down..." - Two Highstring Band, 'Ruby Ridge,' excerpt.

Interesting info here regardless, but I'ma lurk more...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm feeling a little psychic tonight and here's what just came to me:

the initials to your real name are ATF and your favorite sport is fishing?.;)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well he still hasnt said what dealer. so either hes:

- planning on going and getting it
    - the ATF out fishing, which wouldnt suprise any of us
    - just a total false story by a new member maybe just trying to get a laugh
    - already bought it and now is trying to bury it under the dirt and sitting in a closet with a gas mask on behind sandbags, lol

i sent him a couple PM's. first i told him to erase his first post or he'd probly be getting a SWAT team in the front door. second i told him it could possibly be fixed (i was thinking of the option of removing the auto parts and swapping them for semi parts, and then just tossing the auto parts into the trash) and then i thought about it and since he said it was a police trade in that means it was probly a manufactured machine gun post '86, so he should take it back to the dealer, and if the dealer doesnt take it back then bury it somewhere until he can get answers on here of what to do.

this is very weird, but i have know myself of one instance where someone purchased an illegaly converted machine gun YEARS AGO, when i was a kid. it was a neighbor and the dealer took it back. so i guess it can happen.

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    well now this is the tricky part apparently on june 7th of 2000 olympics "books" were destroyed in a fire so i dont know where this gun was sent or anything. i did figure out the date it was manufactured and with it being 1994 i dont think there is anyway i can buy it get papers and sell it again as a class 3 firearm. i have contacted olympics tech support and will look for the details in the gun you have all told me about as i am not an ar expert. and this would be incredibly difficult to fish for some one with this thread just looking for a more experience person. oh serial number is ***** ill keep you posted

Last edited by a moderator:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    well now this is the tricky part apparently on june 7th of 2000 olympics "books" were destroyed in a fire so i dont know where this gun was sent or anything. i did figure out the date it was manufactured and with it being 1994 i dont think there is anyway i can buy it get papers and sell it again as a class 3 firearm. i have contacted olympics tech support and will look for the details in the gun you have all told me about as i am not an ar expert. and this would be incredibly difficult to fish for some one with this thread just looking for a more experience person. oh serial number is ***** ill keep you posted

I'm not sure about anyone else, but if I were you, I would expect a knock on your door in about.... 7-8 hours. They'll most likely be from the government, there to help you.

Seriously, if you tell us the name of the FFL, someone will know if they're a class III dealer. If they are, it's perfectly legal for them to have possession if the proper paperwork was done and all that jazz. However, they cannot sell it to the public, only to LE.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cmon guys this guy is bull****.. Why wouldnt he just go to AR15.com and ask all those crazy bastards..

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Everyone that posted on this thread were just added to a new ATF list, so... ah, man... they got me. :D
    It's not like they didn't already have me on the list. So nothing has changed. :D

To the OP, educate yourself on what the auto-sear and corresponding cutouts look like, then tell us if there is an auto-sear + sear-pin hole in the lower. If those are present then yes, this is an MG, if not, then no, it's an AR15 that has simply had the wrong parts installed. Please, do us all a favor and give us the details we need on this.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I remember several years ago. A friend bought a Thompson at Galyan's in Plainfield. It turned out to be a class 3. so the feds made Galyan's pay for the stamp for the guy. He still has it today.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I remember several years ago. A friend bought a Thompson at Galyan's in Plainfield. It turned out to be a class 3. so the feds made Galyan's pay for the stamp for the guy. He still has it today.

WOW!! suprisingly, that was pretty cool of them. so he got a killer deal on a MG, and on top of it didnt even have to pay the stamp, WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! thats awesome!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Reckon it saved the feds the hassle of fining (or worse) the store, saved the store a bigger fine (or worse) than the cost of the stamp, and the guy with the gun didn't go to jail LOL.

Remarkably good decision making by the feds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom