• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Looking at the pictures posted, it looks like Remingtons upper is actually a one piece monlithic rail. It will be interesting to see more pictures as they become available and see what they did internally. Maybe this option won't cost as much as the ACR.

I'm predicting this will sell far better than the ACR.

gtmerkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Farm Near St Anthony, Indiana
    $3K is not a lot for what it is. I Like to think of it as "the shape shifter" I am also glad they keeped the 1 to 9 inch twist It should help with knock down power. Kind of like the M15 of Vietnam and the .223 needs all the knock down power it can get. I know the price will come down and when it hits the $1200 mark I be getting a SPR "shape shifter" of my own. WHO ELSE WATCHED THE COUNT DOWN it was like the lunar landing of my generation only it most likely cost more. I hope that CZ brings out the 805 next.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    what a disappointment. oh well, im sure it wont take too long for something else to be a huge let down, and ill forget all about this.

All Available

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    You expect the selling price to be less than 1/2 of MSRP? :dunno:

Yeah, that won't be happening - considering dealer cost is right around $2,200.....

And we all know that for the first few months, they'll be selling like hot cakes on gun broker for 2-3x their value.

Maybe in 6-8 months we'll see them at $2,400-2,500ish, but that's just my opinion.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    $3K is not a lot for what it is. I Like to think of it as "the shape shifter"

That's only the case if BM and/or third parties come out with additional components (caliber conversions, different lowers, spare parts, etc) for it.

I am also glad they keeped the 1 to 9 inch twist It should help with knock down power.

In what way?

when it hits the $1200 mark I be getting a SPR "shape shifter" of my own.

Dealer cost on the "basic" version is about $2100. That may come down eventually if sales don't take off, but there's no way in Hades it will go low enough that street price will be $1200.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Yeah, that won't be happening - considering dealer cost is right around $2,200.....

And we all know that for the first few months, they'll be selling like hot cakes on gun broker for 2-3x their value.

Maybe in 6-8 months we'll see them at $2,400-2,500ish, but that's just my opinion.

Buy a SCAR, if you are serious about it, and be done; why support the foolishness.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

I wonder who will be buying them.
    I haven't heard anyone say.
    "Oh that price is a bit high but WTH I'm getting 4 of them anyway."
    I would love to see the sales figures for this crap sandwich.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    The guys standing at the business end of the ACR just pooped himself a little.

attachmentgk7.jpg

Top Bottom