Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    yep i get it and i know how a diesel and gas engine work.......made a few run too......:)
    Explanation not directed at you . . . it's for the benefit of others to understand why you stated what you did and why the jet fuel would be quite difficult to ignite, much less explode.

John

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    won't be the last time this is brought up as the reason why the shooting occurred.

Theory of the Case

https://www.steynonline.com/8162/theory-of-the-case

Funny, but I've been thinking along these lines since the day after the attack. It's too perfectly aimed at the 2nd Amendment to rule out that as the intent. Plus, the timing would have been perfect had Clinton been elected instead of Trump. Too focused of an attack on the 2nd Amendment to be ruled out as such.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I heard he had "tracer" rounds. I assumed they meant those cool ones that light on impact
    Incendiary ignite on impact. Tracers ignite when fired and will continue "burning" for considerable distance. When the Sheriff stated tracer I presumed it's what they were because he's a sheriff and should know the difference. That said, there is some misunderstanding and mixing of jargon. I'm also accustomed to military tracer, incendiary and combination rounds. There are some civilian versions of this stuff such as lower power incendiary intended for spotting long range shots, similar in purpose to the intended one for Tannerite. IIRC, the fake Russian dude in Georgia has used these (he's been in jail for a while for ordering Mary Jane and having it shipped by mail to his home). There's also a special shotgun round called "dragon breath" which is an incendiary that ignites on firing. I refer to it as incendiary as it's a Magnesium shot round, not a slug and more a flamethrower or very short duration flare gun with limited altitude.

Tracer Usage:
    In tracer MG belts it typically comes 1:4 tracer:ball. Not to be used under all conditions. Obviously at night one can see where your MG position is. During the day it's much more difficult as you can see it clearly from behind, but not on the receiving end or very easily from the flank. MG supporting fire is typically used at longer ranges, especially .50 BMG. It has an arc and with a ballistic trajectory even though it's not indirect fire like a mortar or howitzer. The tracers allow the gunner to see where rounds are landing within a longer range area target.

For magazine ammunition that must be loaded by hand or with strippers, it doesn't make much sense to use a 1:4 ratio for 30 round magazines of 5.56 or 20 round magazines of 7.62 NATO when loading the magazine by hand or with stripper clips. Among the common tracer uses in 30 round magazines:

• Load the first three rounds with tracer, then load the remaining with ball. Alternative is loading three or four ball, then two or three tracer, followed by the remaining. The purpose is knowing when you're down near the end of the magazine to prepare for magazine change. Choice often left to soldier provided it's always consistently the same
    • Fire team or squad leader loads a tracer magazine keeping it separate from the others. It's loaded into the rifle and used briefly by the fire team or squad leader to mark where he wants fire concentrated by the team or squad. Beats the hell out of having to shout over the din of battle when hearing is degraded, even when using ear plugs.
    The first was my first thought regarding the shooter when the tracers were found among the ammunition stocks to know when he was at the end of a magazine. Using it every 5 rounds even in 100 round magazines wouldn't make much sense and it would immediately identify the source of the shooting. I wouldn't think the shooter would have made this kind of error considering the level of planning and insight he had about how to conduct the operation to maximize casualties. The misconception it might ignite the fuel tanks was the other.

Incendiary is specialized and cannot legally be used under the Hague Conventions in an anti-personnel role (100% tracer would as well). It would be used to ignite flammable targets. IMHO it would work best with dry wood and paper type targets, or low flash point fluids. They were of particular use during WWI and WWII against Zeppelins filled with hydrogen gas and against reciprocating engine (piston) propeller driven aircraft using Aviation Gas. WWI powered aircraft were also wood frame with fabric covering, often cotton with nitrocellulose dope which is flammable. Currently they have some use against armored targets as HEIAP (High Explosive Incendiary Armor Piercing). The rounds of this type I'm aware of are .50 BMG with a 7.62mm tungsten heavy sabot. Has more energy than a 7.62mm NATO.

Hope this gives some insight about tracer and incendiary. I wouldn't have expected all my soldiers to know the details of tracer and incendiary ammunition, particularly the young enlisted in certain MOSs such as the cooks, automotive mechanics, electronics repair, communications, etc. Those that routinely used the MGs, the senior NCOs and officers would be expected to know. The knowledge isn't universal once you get outside of the Infantry, Armor, Armored Cav and probably the Artillery and Engineer folks.

John

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was wondering if there was a 911 call from MB. I would think that the sos from the security guard would have prompted one, but maybe they had an internal reaction of containment of bad press and delayed the call. Have they released 911 tapes/timelines yet?

This is where my mind is going on this. Winn has way too much at stake. I think they are hiding something.

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    The shooter was renting several Airbnb homes just prior to the shooting

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/airnb...-account-irregularities-raise-more-questions/

The home-sharing service Airbnb has “ghosted” or deleted the account of Las Vegas spree-shooter Steven Paddock, who rented entire houses from around the desert city in the days before the Oct. 1 shooting, according to a source inside the company.
    The insider verified their access by sharing with Big League Politics personal and usage information from the site about other individuals that were not available in the public domain.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Incendiary ignite on impact. Tracers ignite when fired and will continue "burning" for considerable distance. When the Sheriff stated tracer I presumed it's what they were because he's a sheriff and should know the difference. That said, there is some misunderstanding and mixing of jargon. I'm also accustomed to military tracer, incendiary and combination rounds. There are some civilian versions of this stuff such as lower power incendiary intended for spotting long range shots, similar in purpose to the intended one for Tannerite. IIRC, the fake Russian dude in Georgia has used these (he's been in jail for a while for ordering Mary Jane and having it shipped by mail to his home). There's also a special shotgun round called "dragon breath" which is an incendiary that ignites on firing. I refer to it as incendiary as it's a Magnesium shot round, not a slug and more a flamethrower or very short duration flare gun with limited altitude.

Tracer Usage:
    In tracer MG belts it typically comes 1:4 tracer:ball. Not to be used under all conditions. Obviously at night one can see where your MG position is. During the day it's much more difficult as you can see it clearly from behind, but not on the receiving end or very easily from the flank. MG supporting fire is typically used at longer ranges, especially .50 BMG. It has an arc and with a ballistic trajectory even though it's not indirect fire like a mortar or howitzer. The tracers allow the gunner to see where rounds are landing within a longer range area target.

For magazine ammunition that must be loaded by hand or with strippers, it doesn't make much sense to use a 1:4 ratio for 30 round magazines of 5.56 or 20 round magazines of 7.62 NATO when loading the magazine by hand or with stripper clips. Among the common tracer uses in 30 round magazines:

• Load the first three rounds with tracer, then load the remaining with ball. Alternative is loading three or four ball, then two or three tracer, followed by the remaining. The purpose is knowing when you're down near the end of the magazine to prepare for magazine change. Choice often left to soldier provided it's always consistently the same
    • Fire team or squad leader loads a tracer magazine keeping it separate from the others. It's loaded into the rifle and used briefly by the fire team or squad leader to mark where he wants fire concentrated by the team or squad. Beats the hell out of having to shout over the din of battle when hearing is degraded, even when using ear plugs.
    The first was my first thought regarding the shooter when the tracers were found among the ammunition stocks to know when he was at the end of a magazine. Using it every 5 rounds even in 100 round magazines wouldn't make much sense and it would immediately identify the source of the shooting. I wouldn't think the shooter would have made this kind of error considering the level of planning and insight he had about how to conduct the operation to maximize casualties. The misconception it might ignite the fuel tanks was the other.

Incendiary is specialized and cannot legally be used under the Hague Conventions in an anti-personnel role (100% tracer would as well). It would be used to ignite flammable targets. IMHO it would work best with dry wood and paper type targets, or low flash point fluids. They were of particular use during WWI and WWII against Zeppelins filled with hydrogen gas and against reciprocating engine (piston) propeller driven aircraft using Aviation Gas. WWI powered aircraft were also wood frame with fabric covering, often cotton with nitrocellulose dope which is flammable. Currently they have some use against armored targets as HEIAP (High Explosive Incendiary Armor Piercing). The rounds of this type I'm aware of are .50 BMG with a 7.62mm tungsten heavy sabot. Has more energy than a 7.62mm NATO.

Hope this gives some insight about tracer and incendiary. I wouldn't have expected all my soldiers to know the details of tracer and incendiary ammunition, particularly the young enlisted in certain MOSs such as the cooks, automotive mechanics, electronics repair, communications, etc. Those that routinely used the MGs, the senior NCOs and officers would be expected to know. The knowledge isn't universal once you get outside of the Infantry, Armor, Armored Cav and probably the Artillery and Engineer folks.

John
    As an aside, "most" incendiary rounds used today are also armor piercing hence the API nomenclature, Armor Piercing Incendiary round. They come in many flavors, but the 5.56 API is almost useless, unless you shoot a paper factory. 7.62x51 API is actually fun stuff and can burn down good sized stuff. .50 BMG API is what a guy wants, you can burn houses with it, and since it's the biggest available to mere mortals we won't go into 25-30MM.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Bump stock maker is probably not going to be part of a joint defense team...if I'm guessing correctly.

Bump stock maker probably can't afford legal costs...files bankruptcy. Another guess.

No new bump stocks from this firm. Don't they have patents?

Solution to current problem without congressional or ATF action?

Perhaps.

Lawyers: feel free to chime in.
    slidefire has patents, they've been patent trolling, their patent is for a STOCK, they've sued companies into oblivion that made pistol grips that were bumpfire devices.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just found a disadvantage of Open Carry.

While food shopping, a guy came up to me telling me about the chip that was put in the shooter's brain by the government so that they could cause an incident to move on the 2nd Amendment.
    It went on and on.
    I can't remember much.
    There was FEMA, DoD, etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

While food shopping, a guy came up to me telling me about the chip that was put in the shooter's brain by the government so that they could cause an incident to move on the 2nd Amendment.
    It went on and on.
    I can't remember much.
    So, you're saying Paddock is actually alive, living in the BeechGrove FEMA/Amtrak camp?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

It went on and on.
    I can't remember much.

I think I met that dude outside a Post Office recently, he made a comment about the boxes I was carrying, stated something about sex slaves about the same time he promptly got the stiff arm and told loudly to back up by me. He was apparently with someone who had gone in to the Post Office to do some business and was wandering around the parking lot until they were done. This is purple for the joking connection to your guy, but really happened.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ewww, so he's dead and at the BeechGrove FEMA Amtrak camp?

One night working in the ER at BG we had someone call in pretending to be kdinapped and trapped in that station. Kept calling back. I told him to just call 911. Nope, he'd call us back. You know it's a prank but you have to still be polite :(

Top Bottom