Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That's too bad. The Mark II's can interfere with amalgam fillings. Very uncomfortable.
    You can tell the ones with silver fillings that have . . . or had . . . the Mark II's. Their teeth show signs of compulsive grinding.

John

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Explanation not directed at you . . . it's for the benefit of others to understand why you stated what you did and why the jet fuel would be quite difficult to ignite, much less explode.
    We now have proof. Fire can't burn jet beams.

(Did I do that right?) ;)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The big question now is the six minutes during which the hotel knew shots had been fired down the hallway and what their security did with that knowledge. Regarding the "hour", the police were there very quickly, responding to the shooting at the concert crowd. As the shooting had stopped by the time they arrived on the 32nd floor, having mostly self-organized from event security, it was no longer an "active shooter" but a "barricade" so long as it did not resume, and they waited until SWAT was organized while the 31st - 33rd floors were evacuated before breaching the room. There was no urgency to stop a shooter. The only thing that changed was when the unarmed hotel security guard was shot at at 9:59 PM instead of 10:05 PM.
    Current time line (subject to change) from Business Insider:

Las Vegas shooting: Timeline shows exactly how massacre unfolded - Business Insider

9:59 PM - Campos shot by rounds fired through door down hallway
    10:05 - Shooting commences at concert crowd
    10:13 - LEOs outside at event determine fire coming from Mandalay
    10:15 - Shooting ceases at concert crowd
    10:17 - LEOs arrive on 32nd floor (these are not SWAT); no shooting, becomes barricade event
    10:18 - LEOs find Campos and LEOs get confirmation of shooter room
    10:24 - LEOs have gathered near the shooter's room (no SWAT yet)
    10:40 - LEOS told to wait for SWAT
    11:20 - SWAT breaches room
    11:20 - 2nd Door breached and scene secured

It's going to be difficult to make a credible claim that LEO arrival could have been much sooner. From before their arrival on the 32nd floor, the shooting had already ceased and did not resume. Therefore urgency in breaching the room was lowered and they could evacuate hotel guests, get SWAT into place and very deliberately breach the room.

John

I hadn't seen it laid out like that before. Nicely done, good explanations. Wonder why no video of any kind inside the hotel has been released? All I've seen were the body cameras some of the officers were wearing outside the hotel during the shooting.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I just found a disadvantage of Open Carry.

While food shopping, a guy came up to me telling me about the chip that was put in the shooter's brain by the government so that they could cause an incident to move on the 2nd Amendment.
    It went on and on.
    I can't remember much.
    There was FEMA, DoD, etc.

A guy I went to high school with had a FB post about how the shooter was a " brainwashed sleeper who was put into action". I told him that we both saw that movie in 1977. It starred Charles Bronson.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In hiding with Carmen Sandiego?

John
    [who couldn't find the purple button]

Or wearing a goofy striped shirt and hat, and ugly round glasses.

[Looks at your profile pic.]

Oh. But they look great on you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think I saw the chip laying in some red schmoo on the carpet

I found Chip....

mythreesons_wide-19698579422c6886d80aa2c133af6fb08cfb4308.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They are saying yor were living rent free in the shooters head and that the whole thing was your fault.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    ...and Robbie and Ernie...but can you find Mike? When you find him, start looking for Chuck Cunningham.

faces_of_chuck.jpg

Geeze....That's messed up lol...

[FONT=&quot]It's uncertain whether Chuck would have remained in the Cunningham household after the bombshell dropped but his spirit should have loomed long over the family. The affects of Chuck's acts could be witnessed in the way that Joanie focused on sexuality, always describing things told to her by an off screen (until season 8) character, Jenny Piccolo.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The first season's finale should have revealed that Jenny Piccolo was the name of Joanie's other personality. Joanie's psychic schism had been the result of long-term abuse by her older brother Chuck (who demanded that Joanie "play his piccolo"). The revelation of Joanie's multiple personality disorder and the incestuous rape by Chuck would have made "Happy Days" a completely different show.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When ABC executives caught wind of Miller's plan they demanded a rewrite and forbade him from ever broaching the topics of the show again. Their mandate allowed Chuck to stay but Miller quickly wrote him out of the second season's episodes as his role had been negated -- The Fonz would be toned-down from a greaser to Richie's mentor. Later, Miller would attempt other controversial subject matter when an Oedipal relationship between Fonzie and Marion Cunningham went too far with Fonzie threatening to kill Howard Cunningham and take Marion away from Wisconsin on the back of his motorcycle.[/FONT]

Top Bottom