• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Juvenile. The news won't name him unless his family comes forward. I don't think the police can name him, either.

The school sure as heck won't. There's a federal law about that. (For those who follow those kinds of things.)

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Teacher is in decent shape with three gun shot wounds.
    Story goes - shooter raises guns when returning to room, teacher throws basketball at shooter and follows up with tackle

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Let's not. Infamy inspires more

I understand that thought process. The problem is that if the name isn't out, no one will do the research into those involved with this troubled youth that didn't do their job.

If we didn't know the name of the other shooters, we'd only have the liberal news media's side that it was the gun's fault, thus they must be banned.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Story goes - shooter raises guns when returning to room, teacher throws basketball at shooter and follows up with tackle

I think dude's one of the football coaches, so that would make sense.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Props to the teacher. Armed with a basketball and a tackle, he confronts a kid with two pistols. Huge cajones. Why does this keep happening at schools? I don’t believe the arguments about “availability of guns”. Hell, it is harder to get a gun now than ever in this country. Before the late 60’s they would mail one to your house. Somewhere in this mix it has something to do with kids, at least some of them, not having the coping skills that almost everybody once had in dealing with adversity/rejection/failure. For over the two hundred years, this type of stuff didn’t happen. We need to look at what changed in a cold calculated manner.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The thing that amazes me about some of my friends on Facebook is they are saying stuff like, "Nobelsville this is too close for comfort", like people in other states didn't feel the same way when it happened in their city or state. There have been 23 school shootings so far in 2018. Only the big ones get publicized and politicized across the country. People need to realize the shooters that are stopped are stopped by someone who has the ability to stop them. I know most, if not all, of us agree more laws aren't the answer. However, why can't these people who feel it is now a real problem because it is in their state see that we need someone capable of stopping these shooters?

This is a lie, you are being called out for spreading the liberal false agenda...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Why does this keep happening at schools? Somewhere in this mix it has something to do with kids, at least some of them, not having the coping skills that almost everybody once had in dealing with adversity/rejection/failure. For over the two hundred years, this type of stuff didn’t happen. We need to look at what changed in a cold calculated manner.

The breakdown of the family and traditional values including, but not limited to, the value of life.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Agreed. I am not sure what to do about it, except exert my influence within my sphere of influence. This type of thing will continue and unless we can come up with a way to counter it, the mass of sheeple will eventually DEMAND that the govt take away one of our rights. It won’t help, but they will still demand it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Agreed. I am not sure what to do about it, except exert my influence within my sphere of influence. This type of thing will continue and unless we can come up with a way to counter it, the mass of sheeple will eventually DEMAND that the govt take away one of our rights. It won’t help, but they will still demand it.

State is about nothing other than expanding state, stripping rights, and curbing liberty.

The entire "gun control" effort is simply one facet of that existence.

Even if the Second Amendment were completely abolished and every single gun in America was destroyed, state would still have "work to do".

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Wow, talk about bravery and clear-headed, effective action in the face of almost certain grave injury to himself.

No trouble in saying he's a better, braver man than I am.

Forget about "A good man with a gun..." this good man got it done with a basketball.

Top Bottom