• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Trillions could be spent on making every school as safe as possible and they'd just shoot the people in the line to get in. Then what? This isn't a school safety problem or a gun problem. It's a culture problem. Decades of poor parenting and a serious decline in what makes America great has led us here.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Friends of mine on facebook are already saying the life of one child isn't worth all the guns in the world. It's going to get uglier I think

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hence I said parenting problems. Also, can't really blame single parenting as there are good single parents. Regardless of the number, it's the actual parenting IS the problem.

Being a good single parent doesn’t mean your kid isn’t affected by being single parented. Having your kid affected by single parenting isn’t blame, simply truth of a situation

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I don’t believe a cultural shift in parenting is possible?

Attempting to prevent kids from getting hurt in schools is possible ?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hence I said parenting problems. Also, can't really blame single parenting as there are good single parents. Regardless of the number, it's the actual parenting IS the problem.

They can be the best single parent in the world, it's still only half of the job.

People have gotten irresponsible, self centered and lazy.
    From the time they have a child, their sole mission in life is to raise that child to maturity.
    It takes two parents to do that.

Last edited:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Money would be the factor I do not see it in the Trillions it would cost some.

Smaller schools would only require one or two personnel and most schools could be secured easily.
    The exits would have to be secured from a centralized control and have the ability for exit in case of fire.
    Limited access points for entry and exit with metal detectors.
    It remains a fact what we are doing now just isn’t working.
    Yep, All they need to do is lock the dang doors, with the locks that are ALREADY installed... Cost nothing

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We're gonna have to figure out why we tell everyone to "See something, say something," yet do nothing about what is said. :twocents:

Peers, social media, medical, school authorities, law enforcement, etc. ALL need to be held accountable.

Last edited:

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    To the awesome teacher who tackled the little maggot - You are a Stone-Cold Hero and you earned your pay today. To the little larvae - What were you thinking...? You need some serious help. I hope you get some. To the choir here at INGO... Keep singing that tune we all sing. It goes like this...We need Willing Staff...We need Highly Trained and Armed Staff with "Skin in the Game" at all of our Schools. We can talk causes and social this and that and blah, blah, blah. That's fine, that's good, but we need to act and stop this behavior now. It's not about the odds of it happening in any particular school, it's about the stakes involved. And don't ask me how much it's going to cost. Ask how much it's worth.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    The thing that amazes me about some of my friends on Facebook is they are saying stuff like, "Nobelsville this is too close for comfort", like people in other states didn't feel the same way when it happened in their city or state. There have been 23 school shootings so far in 2018. Only the big ones get publicized and politicized across the country. People need to realize the shooters that are stopped are stopped by someone who has the ability to stop them. I know most, if not all, of us agree more laws aren't the answer. However, why can't these people who feel it is now a real problem because it is in their state see that we need someone capable of stopping these shooters?

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    OK.....but the kid apparently came in with the rest. Slid right in with the weapon as the last few have.
    let me clarify, my door lock statement was in regards to the notion it would take trillions to secure the school entry points. What I'm saying is the tools are in place to at least limit the access for minimal cost, allowing that cost to be applied to the main entry point such as metal detectors etc.

That said, it wouldn't fully solve the problem. There's not a single method out there that will make anyone 100% safe from violent crime.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    i question that 23 figure. I looked into it, some of those included non-school related incidents like a shooting near a college campus that involved a campus lock down for safety. Regardless, even one is too many.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    let me clarify, my door lock statement was in regards to the notion it would take trillions to secure the school entry points. What I'm saying is the tools are in place to at least limit the access for minimal cost, allowing that cost to be applied to the main entry point such as metal detectors etc.

That said, it wouldn't fully solve the problem. There's not a single method out there that will make anyone 100% safe from violent crime.

Agreed and no knock intended.
    My Grand daughters grade school has security doors in place. You have to buzz in when school starts. The building is in lock down.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i question that 23 figure. I looked into it, some of those included non-school related incidents like a shooting near a college campus that involved a campus lock down for safety. Regardless, even one is too many.

Yep. They are outright lying now. ANY involvement with school property is being counted, regardless of the truth. If I lived near a school and had a ND with my rifle and the bullet went over my neighbor's house and hit the school a half mile away, they would count that as a school shooting.

They actually counted one where somebody shot out a bus window with a bb gun when nobody was around. :facepalm:

Top Bottom