Gun-Control-Now.png

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think that's a fair layman's explanation.
    Im more concerned about the suppressor. The media is going hammer it as a "silencer," and without a doubt say that because the handgun was "silenced," it didn't allow people to be aware of what was going on, adding to the death toll.

That would be BS because people in the building said they heard shots being fired.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    They're on CNN talking about what would Biden do as president and his track record on the Brady bill and fighting the NRA. Biden will save us.
    Let the mainstream media brainwashing begin.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They're on CNN talking about what would Biden do as president and his track record on the Brady bill and fighting the NRA. Biden will save us.
    Let the mainstream media brainwashing begin.

What do you mean, "begin?" It's been happening for nearly half a century now.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Heard many people telling the honest news media that they heard gunfire. If one pistol had a "silencer", he must have had a noisy second.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    [FONT=&amp]In a press conference, the governor stressed that more might have lost their lives without the quick response of law enforcement officers...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

...and fewer would have died if employees were permitted to carry weapons to defend and protect themselves at work. [/FONT]

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    So once more the entire country will go into brain lock to avoid thinking about why our country has so many murder events.
    And so it goes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So up until yesterday this guy sounded like the kind of success story that should be told to kids entering high school. Went in the National Guard after high school, (didn't read this but I can't see why not concerning TA) used tuition assistance through the NG to attend Old Dominion and become an engineer, attained a very responsible and important position at a large municipality as a utilities engineer and planner.

Building #2 had 400 employees. It's located on Courthouse Drive near the courthouse and the Virginia Beach Sheriff's Office. With the traffic in that area at 1600 on a Friday the Sheriff's Office being that close is how they got on-scene so fast.

Virginia has preemption and parking lot law (employees can secure firearms in vehicle) but I'll be shocked if the city of Virginia Beach doesn't prohibit employees from being armed.

Standing by for the Paul Harvey moment.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Some articles make it sound like a singular pistol was used with a silencer. Some said 2 pistols and only one with a silencer

All articles say that they could hear gunshots

So it's still early but any time it's reported a silencer was used in a crime I'm suspicious

Why suppress one gun and not the other?

Also what's the odds it's a true legitimate silencer? Could it be a linear compensator like something from KAW Valley? Could it be a fake can meant for looks (if so, why leave it on there)? Could it be one of those solvent traps?

Still very early but really want to see pics of the alleged silencer and the guns

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I want to know what motivated the shooter and the circumstances that created the situation rather than what specific firearms were used...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I want to know what motivated the shooter and the circumstances that created the situation rather than what specific firearms were used...

Early on it seems that he as a disgruntled employee that had just gotten fired.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What do you mean, "begin?" It's been happening for nearly half a century now.

It's been happening since at least 1934, with the NFA. Further back than that if you want to consider NYC and the Sullivan Act. Further still if you want to include Wyatt Earp banning the carrying of firearms in Tombstone. Also, many gun control laws were passed after the slaves were freed, intending to keep them disarmed. Further still... in 1837 Georgia passed a law banning handguns, which was overturned.

Thats how far back the brainwashing goes in America.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    The use of a suppressor in a mass shooting was inevitable and we all knew it would kill the chances of getting them off the NFA list. And the Republicants sat on the bill to take them off the NFA list for the two years they had the House, Senate, and Presidency.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Early on it seems that he as a disgruntled employee that had just gotten fired.

I got that part...
    Why was he 'Disgruntled'?
    Was it steps or did he break over at work or was unable to adapt to change?
    What was the timeline?
    Were there home factors at play?

I'm kind of wanting to know what the triggers were and if there were any benchmarks that someone could look for?
    The comment about recently buying firearms should certainly be a clue to what his mindset was... Obvious after the fact...

With as many firearms as people in the US, the 'Gun Control' ship has sailed,
    Anything done now would take 20 or 30 years to make any difference at all.
    The idea of arming everyone would turn out like the old west, lots of shootings, but more deaths since there are more people and firearms are more powerful.
    Every idiot having a firearm scares the crap out of me, I know people you can't trust with a screwdriver or hammer, there is no way giving them a firearm is a good idea...

Getting fired was the obvious trigger, but what was the motivation?
    Why did he fire on anyone & everyone?
    It was an obvious suicide by cop, but why take co-workers with him?

Did he wind up working with alt.right white supremacists movement?
    Did he get radicalized by the far left black movement?
    Did he have a mental disorder (paranoia) and think everyone was out to get him?
    Did he identify with his job so much that without it he wanted to die?

I know most people don't give a crap and write it off as 'Crazy', but the mechanics of this interest me.
    Like the Las Vegas shooter, and every other general/mass shooter, I wonder what flips that switch, and why some have switches & most don't...

Top Bottom