• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I know there's a new law in Indiana that criminalizes anyone using the aerial drones for harassment and voyeurism. Reporting it to LEO is the best option. But what are your choices if it keeps coming back? I'm thinking of sling shotting it if it's over your property. I'm asking for a neighbor.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I know there's a new law in Indiana that criminalizes anyone using the aerial drones for harassment and voyeurism. Reporting it to LEO is the best option. But what are your choices if it keeps coming back? I'm thinking of sling shotting it if it's over your property. I'm asking for a neighbor.

Remember, they typically have on board cameras and some transmit back to the operator. Personally I like the idea but prefer one of the pre charged pneumatic pellet guns!

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Remember, they typically have on board cameras and some transmit back to the operator. Personally I like the idea but prefer one of the pre charged pneumatic pellet guns!

I know about the camera, hence the need to bring it down. Are the pneumatic pellet guns good enough to bring it down?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Can you cite IN code on this? While one could record video via a drone, you don't need to. It can send a live fpv video to the operator. There wouldn't be much of anything to prove a case of "harassment and voyeurism" unless you downed the aircraft and retrieved it's SD memory card. Shooting down a drone can get you in deep trouble. I guess you could video the drone videoing something else but then who is spying on whom?

Like I've said here before, drones are getting smaller, lighter, with longer flight times. Video cameras are getting higher zooms and longer record times. You will not be able to defeat this technology. Drones will get as small as a fly and land on things to video record wile saving power for their flight batteries.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Can you cite IN code on this? While one could record video via a drone, you don't need to. It can send a live fpv video to the operator. There wouldn't be much of anything to prove a case of "harassment and voyeurism" unless you downed the aircraft and retrieved it's SD memory card. Shooting down a drone can get you in deep trouble. I guess you could video the drone videoing something else but then who is spying on whom?

Like I've said here before, drones are getting smaller, lighter, with longer flight times. Video cameras are getting higher zooms and longer record times. You will not be able to defeat this technology. Drones will get as small as a fly and land on things to video record wile saving power for their flight batteries.

Bringing it down other than a firearm can land you in deep trouble even if it's over your property? Or you mean civil suit? Any IC on this?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Bringing it down other than a firearm can land you in deep trouble even if it's over your property? Or you mean civil suit? Any IC on this?

If you're inside just about any city/town limits it'll be illegal to discharge a firearm (for anything other than self-defense). Also included in many statutes are prohibitions against even compressed air guns and spring-powered guns.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Solution!

Yellow_In_Package_002.png

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Anti Drone SOP

In the event you notice the same drone overhead around your domain.
    Secure a life size replica of a human then appear to be cutting the human replica up into pieces.
    This can be done wearing a leather mask,vest and thong all of which are optional.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If you're inside just about any city/town limits it'll be illegal to discharge a firearm (for anything other than self-defense). Also included in many statutes are prohibitions against even compressed air guns and spring-powered guns.

I typed the sentence wrong, I meant not using a firearm. I know about the city limits. I'm asking him is taking it down by other means.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If someone were spying on me with a drone, it might motivate me to be really, really naked.

That's going to get the drone to move along in short order.

Top Bottom