• ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Again, thanks everyone for all your recommendations! A decision has finally been made! I took my coworker to ABSI and let him shoot all my guns. He liked my 1911 and Bersa .380, but i also convinced him to rent a Beretta 92FS. He fell in love IMMEDIATELY! Now he's just torn between trying to find one used, save up more and get a 92FS or 92A1 new, or possibly get a Tarus PT92. What do you all think of these three options?

DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I did a little research and this list came up ...
    What you get with the 92A1 over the 92FS is:
    -removeable front and rear sights
    -rounded trigger guard(helps with holstering)
    -internal recoil buffer
    -accessory rail
    -captive guide rod assembly
    -three mags rather than two (when purchased new)

A thing to note is that because of the captive guide rod assembly, its going to dis-assemble like a 90Two and not like a M9/92FS.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I think he likes the 92FS better. I like the A1 for the rail, but i doubt he'd ever have any use for it. I thought the FS had 15rd mags and the A1 had 17rd? Maybe that's just something a guy told me at a store to sway me to get the A1.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    We sell our XD's brand new for $469. That being said I have some nice used ones in 9mm coming available in the $399 range. Includes box and all original stuff. Four inch, 2 mags, original box, etc. Let me know if I can help. We may even include a lifetime warranty!

Let me quote the XD:

I've owned a Taurus, Glock, Kahr, and a Sig Sauer since I owned my first gun (Springfield Armory XD-40 Service Model).

NONE of them top the reliability or functionality the XD did for me. It is a sale I had to make and that I regret every single day. I'm just now getting to the point where I can re-purchase one.

My vote, bang for buck = Springfield Armory XD series Pistols (The bang is good, mine went bang every time)

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Again, thanks everyone for all your recommendations! A decision has finally been made! I took my coworker to ABSI and let him shoot all my guns. He liked my 1911 and Bersa .380, but i also convinced him to rent a Beretta 92FS. He fell in love IMMEDIATELY! Now he's just torn between trying to find one used, save up more and get a 92FS or 92A1 new, or possibly get a Tarus PT92. What do you all think of these three options?

I would say no to the Taurus..

I hate it but I was once on the Taurus bandwagon. Until my firing pin shot out the back of the gun upon firing a .45 ACP cartridge and hit me.

I don't know anything about the PT92, but from everything I've read AND experienced shows that Taurus doesn't have the Quality Assurance that other manufacturers do.

mike21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Bright
    My first pistol was a PT92. Put over 2000 rounds through without any problems other than shooting cheap ammo. I had no complaints except for the trigger was rough.

Top Bottom