• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was that the mandate that started this roundy round?

“To flush out all the unsavory characters”?

None of that sideshow had anything to do with a BS made up crime of “collusion” simply to harass and attempt to delegitimze a duly elected POTUS that they hated?

That’s the BS part.

You may be right. The ghosts of the Starr Investigation seem to come back to haunt the GOP. So after this investigation is over, it will be "Even Stevens." Can I expect that if the next non-GOP president has to endure something similar, that the people opposed to this now, will still be opposed; or will we look back to the Trump investigation, and use that for justification?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The left is not done once Mueller closes the book. NY is waiting patiently to file suits against Trump and his family. The left also wants his tax returns....they want to "create" enough garbage, factual or not, to damage his character. They truly believe they can ruin him......they are on a mission; at any cost.

Damage his "character," or do you mean "presidency"... because, lets be honest, his character wasn't all that great to begin with.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You may be right. The ghosts of the Starr Investigation seem to come back to haunt the GOP. So after this investigation is over, it will be "Even Stevens." Can I expect that if the next non-GOP president has to endure something similar, that the people opposed to this now, will still be opposed; or will we look back to the Trump investigation, and use that for justification?

It won't happen. The FBI is in the tank for the Dems now. If that were not the case Hillary, and possibly Bill as well, would be in prison.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Damage his "character," or do you mean "presidency"... because, lets be honest, his character wasn't all that great to begin with.

Matter of opinion, but in this case I believe they want to destroy anything about him or his presidency. They are out to get him. They hate him more than they love this country.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It won't happen. The FBI is in the tank for the Dems now. If that were not the case Hillary, and possibly Bill as well, would be in prison.

You base this solely on the interactions the FBI has had with the Clintons and Trump? I do not think the FBI, nor the DoJ as a whole, is nearly as partisan as you and many others seem to believe.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Those for whom there is probable cause of criminal conduct have been (or will be) charged.

Mueller's investigation appears to have been successful at several levels:
    - It found evidence of criminal activity and is working with those prosecuting that activity.
    (Just as with Bill Clinton, the original reason for the investigation doesn't really matter.)

Do you think the line I changed to red above will apply to the FISA process that led to Mueller, and all those involved who may have perverted that process? I mean, after all, Mueller's scope is virtually unlimited, right? Wherever the evidence leads?

And I disagree that the original reason for an investigation doesn't matter. There should be boundaries.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you think the line I changed to red above will apply to the FISA process that led to Mueller, and all those involved who may have perverted that process? I mean, after all, Mueller's scope is virtually unlimited, right? Wherever the evidence leads?

And I disagree that the original reason for an investigation doesn't matter. There should be boundaries.

When in law enforcement does that not apply? If during the course of the investigation you find information that gives reasonable suspicion of criminal activity, one would expect LE to follow those leads. Notoriety and position should not be a protection from the law that all citizens are subject to.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You base this solely on the interactions the FBI has had with the Clintons and Trump? I do not think the FBI, nor the DoJ as a whole, is nearly as partisan as you and many others seem to believe.

It is more likely worse than anybody would like to imagine.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    When in law enforcement does that not apply? If during the course of the investigation you find information that gives reasonable suspicion of criminal activity, one would expect LE to follow those leads. Notoriety and position should not be a protection from the law that all citizens are subject to.

I agree with you in theory, but apparently that's not the case if your name is Comey, Strucz (sp), Page, Rosenstein, et al. There is plenty of crime to go around, but you won't see any of the "resist" movement be indicted. How is that equal application of law?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I would love for FISA to be the subject of investigations.

Well.

The rule-respecting part of me does.

On the other hand, I'm actually concerned that if the truth comes out about all the FISA abuses, our country will be worse off for it. The better course would be if people in power could discretely reform it from the inside.

Yeah, a boy can dream.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I would love for FISA to be the subject of investigations.

Well.

The rule-respecting part of me does.

On the other hand, I'm actually concerned that if the truth comes out about all the FISA abuses, our country will be worse off for it. The better course would be if people in power could discretely reform it from the inside.

Yeah, a boy can dream.

Well, I was referring to more specifics, as in the Comey adventures (leaking info to the press, deciding on the Hillary case before interviewing her, etc...), and all the other circus acts surrounding this whole subject. The whole Hillary emails/Trump collusion/Deep state resist subject, and then of course the Mueller circus.

As to harming the country, I believe seeing bad actors (wherever they exist, right or left) going to jail would do much to restore the public's faith in government, not harm it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You share the same position that Alan Dershowitz does. He’s been a vocal critic of this whole ordeal and says it should’ve never even taken place just like the Starr investigation. I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that assessment.

Trumps biggest mistake in all of this was that he picked the wrong AG. When Sessions recused himself the door was left wide open for the blood thirsty hacks to do their bidding.

Saw an interview the other day with Chris Christy and he told the interviewer that if he would’ve gotten the nod for AG there wouldn’t have been a Mueller.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Does the term "Fast & Furious" ring a bell?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've always thought the Mueller investigation was a politically fabricated hoax. If Mueller can't come up with something after all this time, then why shouldn't he be investigated? And if it is shown his so-called investigation was nothing more than a politically motivated witch hunt, then he should be subject to penalties, civil (for wasting American taxpayer dollars), and criminal (for being a criminal).

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I've always thought the Mueller investigation was a politically fabricated hoax. If Mueller can't come up with something after all this time, then why shouldn't he be investigated? And if it is shown his so-called investigation was nothing more than a politically motivated witch hunt, then he should be subject to penalties, civil (for wasting American taxpayer dollars), and criminal (for being a criminal).

Agreed. But there's a lot more, before and after Mueller, that needs to come to light.

Top Bottom