• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A question or two for you: Did or did not President Clinton lie under oath? And another one for you: Have other people been sent up the river for perjuring themselves for more trivial matters? What about Hillary?

As far as I know not one single fact uncovered during the Star Investigation has ever been refuted. One may think it is salacious, frivolous or whatever. But it was conducted in an absolutely professional manner.
    I am no fan of the Clintons. The Star investigation had one purpose nust like the Mueller investigation has one purpose. That’s to find an impeachable offense. I’m not saying Clinton didn’t lie. He perjured himself because he couldn’t help it. The sex scandal had nothing to do with investigating Whitewater. Star already knew the answer to the question about Clinton and Monica before he asked it. He asked it to get Clinton to perjure himsel and it worked. Shortly after, the investigation ended with nothing on Whitewater, because mission accomplished. It is the same with the Mueller investigation.

Luckily for Trump his lawyers are smarter than Clinton’s. They won’t let him testify. Though Trump is arrogant enough to want to testify. If he allowed himself to be interviewed by Mueller, he’d probably perjure himself. Because he couldn’t help it.

Mueller would ask him something he already knows the answer to. Something maybe embarrassing if it got out. Something Mueller thinks Trump would have a high probability of lying about. Just like Star asking Clinton if he ever had sex with Monica.

Mueller probably has a whole list of gotcha questions. They likely would be something completely unrelated to Russian collusion. Because that’s what these investigations are for. To find a reason to impeach the President.

Multiple things can be true. Clinton was a horrible President. The Whitewater investigation was for the purpose of finding a reason to impeach the President. That doesn’t make Star unprofessional. He did his job. Mueller is trying to do his.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Justice Department has been weaponized against the Republicans, just as the IRS was under Obama. The tell-tale that this is true is that all Trump persons were questioned under oath and recorded so they could replay the recordings looking for inconsistencies.
    Hiliary Clinton was "interviewed," not under oath, and no recordings were made.
    Hiliary could say anything and later deny it; Trump campaign officials could be threatened with perjury for getting a date wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IDK if real, its Vox for god's sake

NBC and CNN both calling it, so a leak to prepare the ground? Barr has been confirmed, I assume the report goes to him now. The only rationale I could think of was trying to make it so Whitaker got it instead of Barr. Alternately, maybe he was holding out for Barr. It seems like he might feel he held the line as long as he could without getting his own tit in a wringer

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Justice Department has been weaponized against the Republicans, just as the IRS was under Obama. The tell-tale that this is true is that all Trump persons were questioned under oath and recorded so they could replay the recordings looking for inconsistencies.
    Hiliary Clinton was "interviewed," not under oath, and no recordings were made.
    Hiliary could say anything and later deny it; Trump campaign officials could be threatened with perjury for getting a date wrong.

This is false. If you said it had been weaponized against Trump, then there's a discussion to be had. However, the people who have be most noteworthy in prosecuting the case against Trump have been Republicans.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    This is false. If you said it had been weaponized against Trump, then there's a discussion to be had. However, the people who have be most noteworthy in prosecuting the case against Trump have been Republicans.

The IRS scandal comes to mind, before Trump. But your second point is well taken, as in Comey.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seeing that collusion is not a crime I don't see a problem here.

Bribery is a crime, but that must be proved.

My largest concern is when a crime occurs because a crime is being investigated and people lie, thus then breaking the law even though no original crime occurred. In other words the investigation itself makes someone a criminal due to the investigation and not due to an original act. If that isn't confusing.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seeing that collusion is not a crime I don't see a problem here.

Bribery is a crime, but that must be proved.

My largest concern is when a crime occurs because a crime is being investigated and people lie, thus then breaking the law even though no original crime occurred. In other words the investigation itself makes someone a criminal due to the investigation and not due to an original act. If that isn't confusing.

Regards,

Doug

It's not confusing. Tell the truth and you have no issues.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It isn't over, yet; jury nullification is still a possibility.
    As a lawyer's billboard once proclaimed, "Just because you did it doesn't mean you're guilty."

He'll plea. They always take a plea.

(He'll also get nominated for an Emmy for his ABC interview.)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He'll plea. They always take a plea.

(He'll also get nominated for an Emmy for his ABC interview.)

It would be interesting to have one of those body language/facial expression experts analyze that interview to see if he exhibited subtle clues that he was just flat out lying throughout the whole thing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It would be interesting to have one of those body language/facial expression experts analyze that interview to see if he exhibited subtle clues that he was just flat out lying throughout the whole thing.

Actually, one of the entertainment shows my wife watches (yeah, that's it), had a couple people talk about that. They were totally non-committal, but said things like, "The way he looks away from the interviewer can be a sign of deception. Or this actor who's spent thousands of hours performing in front of people and cameras was nervous about being scrutinized in front of cameras."

I don't normally pay much attention to those shows, but it was interesting to me that they went there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually, one of the entertainment shows my wife watches (yeah, that's it), had a couple people talk about that. They were totally non-committal, but said things like, "The way he looks away from the interviewer can be a sign of deception. Or this actor who's spent thousands of hours performing in front of people and cameras was nervous about being scrutinized in front of cameras."

I don't normally pay much attention to those shows, but it was interesting to me that they went there.

I liked when he tried to be all macho when he said, "So I punched his ass back!"

I'm thinking it would've gone more like this...

n3.gif

Top Bottom