After yesterdays experience,, I AM REALLY UNDER GUNNED!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's all cool.
    Wait, let me guess. They come here, make an account and post a bunch of vile inflammatory stuff just so they can take a screenshot and go back to their own circles with "proof" that all those gun owners are a bunch of racist/bigot/misogynist/transphobe/whitesupremacist (delete as applicable).
    I've seen it before. It's why you don't trust anything that doesn't come with an archive.is link.

Back on the topic of the thread...
    So how 'bout them implausibly concealed firearms?
    Yep that must be it. I dont know what archive links and stuff are. I'm lucky I figured out how to post a picture.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As to all of this. If you carry, and are a fairly accurate shooter with your carry, and you are SA in the least you should be able to deal with most anything that comes along short of a drug turf war shoot out. If you are unlucky enough to get in the middle of one of those I can only say get down and stay there.
    Hopefully the 2 packing heavy would have been on your side if the said turf war broke out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I conceal a carbine, it's actually concealed, so no one knows I have it. But then I'm also the guy who has concealed a Kershaw Outcast and an ESEE Junglas as neck knife, so . . .

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have been considering carrying a carbine in my trunk.
    I personally have never been in any kind of situation where I have felt "out gunned", I carry a G 17 as an edc with 3 extra 17rnd. mags giving me a total of 68 rounds available.

I believe taking yourself out of "shoot outs" is the best option if available.
    I don't need someone trying to sue me and ruining my life over some stupid sh*t which is usually the case in those situations.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Heck, a thread for all first responders would be make for unbelievable story after unbelievable story. :D

Another forum I participate in has a "roll call stories" thread just for that. It's LEO specific, but the rules are LEO only, can share stories, others can ask questions but zero tolerance for judgement or MMQB of any story. The stories run the gamut from humor to gut wrenching.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    When I conceal a carbine, it's actually concealed, so no one knows I have it. But then I'm also the guy who has concealed a Kershaw Outcast and an ESEE Junglas as neck knife, so . . .

Yeah, but doesn't wearing a duster/trench coat get you some weird looks on a hot day? That and some folks might automatically think you are on the sex-offender registry...

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    As to all of this. If you carry, and are a fairly accurate shooter with your carry, and you are SA in the least you should be able to deal with most anything that comes along short of a drug turf war shoot out. If you are unlucky enough to get in the middle of one of those I can only say get down and stay there.
    Hopefully the 2 packing heavy would have been on your side if the said turf war broke out.

I have become more and more worried that I am under-gunned nowadays. It seemed like even a few years ago, I would rarely see anyone else that carried, now I see it pretty much daily.

I heart stories about how if you need more than 2 rounds, something is wrong. I disagree with this assessment.

My EDC holds 7+1, and I carry a 6-round backup mag, but I often wonder if it is enough these days. (P365 anyone?)

I keep holding out hope that the thugs don't spend any time practicing and that I have the advantage there, but in a CQB situation, even a monkey holding a hammer can be lethal, and even the least-trained can get off a lucky shot.

Our training needs to go beyond target and accuracy training, and into situational training. I am guilty here as charged. I train for USPSA, which does not qualify as situational training.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have become more and more worried that I am under-gunned nowadays. It seemed like even a few years ago, I would rarely see anyone else that carried, now I see it pretty much daily.

I heart stories about how if you need more than 2 rounds, something is wrong. I disagree with this assessment.

My EDC holds 7+1, and I carry a 6-round backup mag, but I often wonder if it is enough these days. (P365 anyone?)

I keep holding out hope that the thugs don't spend any time practicing and that I have the advantage there, but in a CQB situation, even a monkey holding a hammer can be lethal, and even the least-trained can get off a lucky shot.

Our training needs to go beyond target and accuracy training, and into situational training. I am guilty here as charged. I train for USPSA, which does not qualify as situational training.

You might be surprised.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I heart stories about how if you need more than 2 rounds, something is wrong.

I guess I am totally inadequate and in trouble.....I carry 5 rounds in my LCR. I am counting on my ability to stay away from danger to the best of my ability. If not, you may read about me....one way or another.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Another forum I participate in has a "roll call stories" thread just for that. It's LEO specific, but the rules are LEO only, can share stories, others can ask questions but zero tolerance for judgement or MMQB of any story. The stories run the gamut from humor to gut wrenching.

Id be willing to keep my mouth shut in that thread and only allow Leo to post stories there. That would be an awesome thread to read, probably informative/educational in ways also.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure I'll be flat on the ground when the shooting begins, it's a natural reaction to surprise gunfire.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    NuNbW1X.gif

Top Bottom