• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I voted for Trump specifically because I though he was an a-hole. After Obama's "apology tour" to the entire world, I truly believed we needed someone that was capable of being an a-hole, and I have not been disappointed. Reducing regulation, renegotiation of trade deals, getting out of the Iran deal, all of those things were things I was in favor of and he has delivered. Has he been perfect? No. I never said I wanted a perfect a-hole though. All of this stuff coming from the left before and since his election has been, as you stated, a temper tantrum because HRC didn't get elected. Doggone it! They got the first black president elected! (Unless you count Bill C.) They should've gotten the first woman president elected!

Well, as it turned out, people weren't interested in "firsts". They wanted someone that would take the reins and move the country forward, and I think that's what he's done.

And for the record, I voted for Obama in 2008, but not in 2012. I was ready for "change" and boy did I get it... it just didn't turn out to be the change that was promised. I didn't make that same mistake in 2012, and I sure as hell didn't make it in 2016, and I won't make it again in 2020. Over all, I'm happy with the job Trump has been doing. Congress on the other hand could use some improvement.

You don’t have to be an ******* to not be the world’s *****. Reagan wasn’t an *******. You can say some things about Reagan, but ******* really wasn’t one of them.

ETA: mind if I ask why you voted for Obama in 2008? I’m curious about why right leaning people voted for him. Whenever I encounter them I ask. And since you said you did not vote for his second term, what changed your mind?

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You don’t have to be an ******* to not be the world’s *****. Reagan wasn’t an *******. You can say some things about Reagan, but ******* really wasn’t one of them.

ETA: mind if I ask why you voted for Obama in 2008? I’m curious about why right leaning people voted for him. Whenever I encounter them I ask. And since you said you did not vote for his second term, what changed your mind?

Oh, he talked a great game early on... I remember “I” thought “This guy sounds good, hopeful, etc.”
    I was intrigued and thought about it until I did a bit more digging.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Pretty similar to what printcraft said. I thought maybe a "new guy" - younger, optimistic, etc. might be worth a shot. I fell for the smooth talking I guess. Now I realize how naive I was. When they started ramming Obamacare down our throats, that's when he lost me. That, and the apologetic attitude for America when it wasn't necessary nor warranted. Fool me once...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty similar to what printcraft said. I thought maybe a "new guy" - younger, optimistic, etc. might be worth a shot. I fell for the smooth talking I guess. Now I realize how naive I was. When they started ramming Obamacare down our throats, that's when he lost me. That, and the apologetic attitude for America when it wasn't necessary nor warranted. Fool me once...

We saw right through the community organizer from the very beginning. Listen to his blabbering bull ****. See who he is blabbering to. Put a string of them together and what you came up with was a community organizer. Nothing more. His rally's here in Indy were real eye openers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We saw right through the community organizer from the very beginning. Listen to his blabbering bull ****. See who he is blabbering to. Put a string of them together and what you came up with was a community organizer. Nothing more. His rally's here in Indy were real eye openers.

I was a mere child of 48. :):

Top Bottom