• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's official. I am a gun owner! :D

Went to see Dave at 21st Century Firearms. Awesome store....awesome people. Walked out with a Model 59 Makarov in it's original box. Also picked up a safe, cleaning kit and some ammo. Now, I'm waiting for my ccw to get here so I can shoot this bad boy! I'm uber excited. Came home, took the gun apart, cleaned it (and played with it). I couldn't be happier!

Props to the guys out in Bluffton at 21st Century Firearms! Awesome group of guys. I think Dave was just as excited as I was/am! :rockwoot:I will for sure be going back to this shop. Can't wait!

pictures coming soon!

Congrats!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    FYI...The photobucket name is my HUSBANDS so don't say crap about it being Jonvonblowme! lol! What can I say? I didn't check to see who's account I was logged into!

philec39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Frankfort, IN
    Rachel Marie, I'm new on this site, but not in the world; I'm crowding 70, so I've seen a lot. I don't have the figures, but I'm willing to bet that more women caught alone are attacked than are men, simply because they're viewed as the 'weaker sex.' They aren't but that's another story. Keep doing what you're doing, and remind your loved ones that the police can only respond AFTER the crime has been committed; they aren't there to prevent it.
    Jennybird, I love the sentiments expressed on the t shirt in the picture you posted.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Congrats on the Mak... pick up some Hornady 9x18 JHP for SD. You might also want to get a Pierce grip replacement- they're reasonably priced & provide a little thicker & stickier grip than the hard plastic Mak grip. If you want to really pretty it up take a look at Dennis Marschall's wood grips. Dennis lives in Hungary & puts out a top-notch product... it'll take a couple months for him to custom make & ship your grips but it's worth the wait if you have the $$

Marschalgrips.com

I love my Bulgie Mak (and P64 and PA63) and like the Makarov round as well; and carry the Mak or P64 IWB from time to time in a fitted Don Hume holster... very small, thin, & comfortable.

forums.gunboards.com has an interesting Makarov Forum that's good reading for Q&A's, and the mother of all mak websites, makarov.com, is a good primer on the history of Mak's and FAQ's

ENJOY!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Sailor...
    I'm looking into the 2 dayer you sent me the link for. If I'm able I would like to do it the end of september. That would be AWESOME. It's exactly what I'm looking for!

Philec39
    Thank you for the kind words. And Welcome to INGO. Seriously an awesome site with good folks! I've got a hunch you will be another awesome member on the site. Your FIRST post is encouraging and thoughtful. I appreciate it! :)

Srad
    Those grips are KILLER. I didn't see my firearm on the list but I am going to be contacting them right after I write this. lol. Awesome heads up, man! And for the links on the FAQ's as well. I've read into Makarov.com but I don't think I have seen the other!

Thanks guys!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    WooHoo!

But this brings up and interesting question for me...

How hard is it to find quality self-defense ammo for the Makarov?

Top Bottom