• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just spent an hour on the phone with them. I am getting a refund as well as a small token for the inconvenience. Not what I hoped for (the scope I ordered) but honestly more than I thought I'd get. My ass is gonna be chapped about this one for some time.

It is the people factor. Have you ever been on any of these hi-traffic supply hub warehouses. If you have nuff said. If not and you get the opportunity take it. Eye opener.

Damn Sad deal Phylo. Damn sad indeed.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just spent an hour on the phone with them. I am getting a refund as well as a small token for the inconvenience. Not what I hoped for (the scope I ordered) but honestly more than I thought I'd get. My ass is gonna be chapped about this one for some time.

Damn Phylo, this sucks! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you, because that WAS, a smoking deal.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At the risk of derailing, what does this mean:
    Indianapolis, IN, United States11/29/201712:31 P.M.Destination Scan
    11/29/201712:30 P.M.We'll be in your area and will deliver your UPS SurePost® package instead of the post office.

Like, "Destination" as in, a different sorting place nearby? The projected delivery is now Friday, which, if they really are "in my area" seems like a long time.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Good luck. I have been dealing with a misdelivered package fiasco since 11/17. Everyday, I call and start the whole process of explanation as I never get the same CSR twice. Today is day 12 and I have been on the phone 17 times only to find out they misdelivered to an Amazon fulfillment center and have to wait for Amazon to release the trailer to be be received by local logistics. Funny thing is the package had nothing to do with Amazon. A sorting mishap is what Big Brown is calling it. So I sit here and wait. "...sittin' here, la la, waitin' for my ya ya..." or so the old ditty goes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It truly seems that the online thing is getting seriously bogged down as company's scramble to cut shipping costs to bolster the bottom line.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well UPS finally delivered and my item was stolen, just not by UPS. Someone at Amazon stole the very expensive scope that I ordered and replaced it with a scope which costs 10% of what I ordered. The nylon case the scope was in had the correct model number and a serial number written on it and there is zero possibility that someone mistook what I received for what I ordered. Not a happy camper.

Are you sure it happened at Amazon and not after it left the distribution center? People I know who have worked there as pickers and packers think it's next to impossible to steal stuff in there. Of course, they're not thieves, so they don't think the way thieves think.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

Happy to hear that it worked out this way though! Pretty crazy. I'm sure the look on your face was priceless when you opened the box!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Glad you got it worked out.

Ive had multiple packages "disappear" from the whitestown amazon warehouse. It goes to the status of "en route to the carrier" (somebody is driving it to the post office) But the USPS shows it was never received.

When that happens it takes Amazon almost a week to act before they admit that the 15 minute drive to the post office by the courier cant possibly take multiple days. The only fix is to reorder and hope your original doesnt magically appear. (it never has)

And dont get me started how they can do same/next day delivery in Camby, but cant do it across town 20 minutes away. :scratch: (still in the loop)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Are you sure it happened at Amazon and not after it left the distribution center? People I know who have worked there as pickers and packers think it's next to impossible to steal stuff in there. Of course, they're not thieves, so they don't think the way thieves think.

Pretty confident. The shipping labels on the top and bottom of the box spanned both flaps and they were intact. There was only one layer of tape on the box closing the flaps. I'm 99% convinced someone knew what they were doing and swapped the scopes before it shipped. I purchased it from Amazon Warehouse Deals which I assume runs differently from a standard Amazon warehouse. I won't make the same mistake again.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    its also possible that somebody bought it, received it, put a cheap brand new scope in the box and returned it with fingers crossed. Nobody bothered to compare EXACTLY what was in the box to what the box said and put it back on the shelf.

*receives return, looks in box*
    "I see a scope-like object in the box, we're good. " *quickly closes the box to maintain productivity quotas and puts it back on the shelf*

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Pretty confident. The shipping labels on the top and bottom of the box spanned both flaps and they were intact. There was only one layer of tape on the box closing the flaps. I'm 99% convinced someone knew what they were doing and swapped the scopes before it shipped. I purchased it from Amazon Warehouse Deals which I assume runs differently from a standard Amazon warehouse. I won't make the same mistake again.

That's good information. Hopefully your experience will help the rest of us avoid similar experiences!

its also possible that somebody bought it, received it, put a cheap brand new scope in the box and returned it with fingers crossed. Nobody bothered to compare EXACTLY what was in the box to what the box said and put it back on the shelf.

"I see a scope-like object in the box, we're good. " *quickly closes the box to maintain productivity quotas and puts it back on the shelf*

That is also a plausible explanation! The picker and packer wouldn't have a reason to look inside, so if what was inside already was bogus . . .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ordered a set of bath towels from Groupon on 11/17, and quickly got an email from them saying my Groupon order would be shipping soon. It is coming (allegedly) via Fedex. The Fedex site still says "Label Created" on 11/17. I've contacted Groupon but haven't heard anything from them yet. :xmad:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Another -1 for the USPS and Amazon.

Our mail carrier has decided to not check addresses on anything at all. In the same day we had a package delivered 2 doors down, another delivered next door (with some of our mail), more of our mail in the correct box, but along with mail for the same house number but on the county road. We have caught her driving up close enough to the house to toss packages into the vicinity of the door. It is bad enough we have told friends and family not to mail us anything of any importance.

FedEx is almost as bad. They get the address correct, but will literally leave packages in the middle of the driveway, in the rain. They simply do not care.

Our UPS driver is fantastic. Every single package ends up on the porch every time.

The random Amazon delivery folks are hit and miss. Actually, the delivery is fine, but the creepy people they have making the deliveries is a bit unnerving.

It's the exact opposite for me, USPS and Fedex leave packages on the porch nearly every time while UPS leave every package on top of the trashcan in front of the garage.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The good news is that I got my package today, without it ever switching to "Out for Delivery" by UPS. Skipped straight to "Delivered."

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

This makes sense. I believe the warehouse deals are also referred to on their site as "open box deals". I'm sure this would include items previously sold, opened and returned for various reasons.

Top Bottom