• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I am waiting on a very expensive firearm being delivered by UPS. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered last Friday, but the last scan was on 11/22 in Colorado. I called to complain today, and the girl said they MIGHT have missed an "out for delivery" scan, and it MIGHT be in todays truck - it wasn't. I said what about all of the other "missed" scans between Colorado and Indiana? She said that they would not investigate until tomorrow, if it didn't show up today. Now, tomorrow I will have to jump through all the hoops AGAIN. I sure hope it was fully insured.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I'm sure that decision is offered to the shipper and they take it because it is a cheaper option since the USPS is already coming to each house.

UPS Mail Innovations | Industry Solutions | Retail

Yeah it is some kind of new deal they are involved with. I pitched one to Brownells over 3 orders in a row taken over 8 working days and 1 never getting here. They made good on the failed to arrive but it took 8 or more working days as well. That is just far to long.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am waiting on a very expensive firearm being delivered by UPS. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered last Friday, but the last scan was on 11/22 in Colorado. I called to complain today, and the girl said they MIGHT have missed an "out for delivery" scan, and it MIGHT be in todays truck - it wasn't. I said what about all of the other "missed" scans between Colorado and Indiana? She said that they would not investigate until tomorrow, if it didn't show up today. Now, tomorrow I will have to jump through all the hoops AGAIN. I sure hope it was fully insured.

A year or so ago I watched a package of mine go from Chicago to Indy then Fort Wayne then to South Bend. I figured it would be with the days mail. It was a no show. So I rechecked and it was in Denver. It sat there for 5 days then came here. Nine days to go from Chicago to South Bend.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I screen shot the tracking detail as my package moves across the country. I have had packages magically disappear along with the tracking history magically getting erased. Overall they do an amazing job.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Lovemachine hit it spot on. It's possible some kid loaded it on the wrong truck, or in the wrong spot in his truck. This time of year when those guys head out they usually can't even see the back door and even step foot in the isle way. It gets insane really. I drove there for awhile so I am somewhat sympathetic because I know how it can be.

If it's something you need right away you can always call them and let them know. They will often do their best to get it right to you, or you can go get it at the center the truck returns to a lot of the time (I don't know about indy though). Depending on how valuable it is (declared high value), I'm sure that they know exactly where it's at, but I'd think you'd have it if that were the case.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well I'm sure that decision is offered to the shipper and they take it because it is a cheaper option since the USPS is already coming to each house.

UPS Mail Innovations | Industry Solutions | Retail

:laugh:

You haven't seen our carrier!! We have what we fondly call "No Mail Tuesday" on our road. We must have had a sub today again because I had mail and it was two hours early. I'm still waiting for the follow up from my last complaint.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've had UPS, Fedex and USPS delay delivers this week. USPS has the best one so far...

"In-Transit, Delayed

Tracking History

November 28, 2017, 8:18 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility
    LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS facility in LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER on November 28, 2017 at 8:18 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 27, 2017, 6:35 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

November 27, 2017, 3:04 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    LAS VEGAS NV DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

November 27, 2017, 3:04 pm

November 27, 2017, 9:23 am
    In Transit to Destination
    On its way to COLUMBUS, IN 47201
    November 26, 2017, 9:23 pm

November 26, 2017, 9:56 am
    In Transit to Destination
    On its way to COLUMBUS, IN 47201

November 25, 2017, 2:56 am
    Departed USPS Regional Facility

November 25, 2017, 12:10 am

November 24, 2017, 10:55 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89030

November 24, 2017, 12:10 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV 89030"

Must be part of that 'what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas' thing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well looky here, 10pm and the UPS driver didn't come back as promised. This is my surprised face :n00b:

My wife works from home and ships around a hundred packages per month, all USPS. I've bought and sold hundreds of firearms related items via USPS over the past 10 years. Thousands of shipments coming and going and I can count on one hand the number of issues we've had. Fedex & UPS screw up around 30% consistently.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here's a screen shot of the tracking as of 9pm this evening

RIy8S5ih.png

Here's another one at 10:10pm

mCfwTTqh.png

Nothing shady going on there at all, nope, everything is on the up & up.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Most USPS drivers load and unload their own vehicles. They know where every package is, and where it goes. Most of the time, you don't have any delivery problems with them.

UPS drivers don't load their own trucks. They have no idea where a package is. And have you ever seen a fully loaded UPS truck in the morning? Whew! It's a hot mess. Also, UPS has a new, more "efficient" system. They pre-determine the routes for the drivers now. A UPS driver will actually get in trouble if the deviate from the route. It's a complete mess. I've seen the driver at the building next door, and he's unable to deliver my package because it's not on the route schedule. Most drivers hate hate hate the new system.

Part of my job is shipping and receiving. We ship packages all over the country, via UPS and other freight companies. It's not like it used to be. And luckily, I've made friends with our local driver. When I'm expecting a package thats hot, I have called him, and met him on his route in the next town so I can get it. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Most USPS drivers load and unload their own vehicles. They know where every package is, and where it goes. Most of the time, you don't have any delivery problems with them.

UPS drivers don't load their own trucks. They have no idea where a package is. And have you ever seen a fully loaded UPS truck in the morning? Whew! It's a hot mess. Also, UPS has a new, more "efficient" system. They pre-determine the routes for the drivers now. A UPS driver will actually get in trouble if the deviate from the route. It's a complete mess. I've seen the driver at the building next door, and he's unable to deliver my package because it's not on the route schedule. Most drivers hate hate hate the new system.

Part of my job is shipping and receiving. We ship packages all over the country, via UPS and other freight companies. It's not like it used to be. And luckily, I've made friends with our local driver. When I'm expecting a package thats hot, I have called him, and met him on his route in the next town so I can get it. :)

This hot mess you speak of is another example of people micro-managing a thing they do not understand.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    UPS just stopped by. Did I order anything recently? Darn this old age and forgetting things.

Addressed to Mr. Phylodog. What an odd way to spell Phase2... Still can't remember what I ordered.

Let's see what I got.... Ooohhh, shiny....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's mine.

11/28/2017 11:00 P.M. Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

11/28/2017 5:00 A.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
    Indianapolis, IN, United States 11/27/2017 11:38 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Earth City, MO, United States 11/27/2017 6:33 P.M. Departure Scan
    Gets to 90% delivered in one day. Now has been sitting in Indy for 2 days.

(Sidenote: Midway's shipping is something I really appreciate. I pay for regular, but usually get almost overnight delivery. Well, not this time, but it isn't Midway's fault.)

Top Bottom