• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's mine.

Gets to 90% delivered in one day. Now has been sitting in Indy for 2 days.

(Sidenote: Midway's shipping is something I really appreciate. I pay for regular, but usually get almost overnight delivery. Well, not this time, but it isn't Midway's fault.)

MidWay had a stretch a while back that really sucked just like what I am getting from Brownells right no.
    I did just order some things from Midway last Friday and have not received one update from them as we usually get. Could be a Holiday thing.

Edit....out of Curiosity I checked Midway.....shipped and will (supposed) to be here this coming Friday. Ordered at 5:00 AM in the morning so lets call that 6 working days. No notifications beyond the order was received. They were great about notifying it was out the door. Now not so much. Pretty weak.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    MidWay had a stretch a while back that really sucked just like what I am getting from Brownells right no.
    I did just order some things from Midway last Friday and have not received one update from them as we usually get. Could be a Holiday thing.

Edit....out of Curiosity I checked Midway.....shipped and will (supposed) to be here this coming Friday. Ordered at 5:00 AM in the morning so lets call that 6 working days. No notifications beyond the order was received. They were great about notifying it was out the door. Now not so much. Pretty weak.

Interesting. I think this is my 3rd order from them. There's usually a day or 2 before it gets shipped. I don't mind that: confirming funds, etc. I'm cheap, so I get the cheapest shipping, which is usually free, but until now its always been delivered a day or 2 before it was originally projected to arrive.

This one was actually supposed to be here tomorrow, according to the early estimate. So, as long as it meets that, I'm good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting. I think this is my 3rd order from them. There's usually a day or 2 before it gets shipped. I don't mind that: confirming funds, etc. I'm cheap, so I get the cheapest shipping, which is usually free, but until now its always been delivered a day or 2 before it was originally projected to arrive.

This one was actually supposed to be here tomorrow, according to the early estimate. So, as long as it meets that, I'm good.

I order from booth sites at least once a month often 3 or 4 times depending on what I am building.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Well looky here, 10pm and the UPS driver didn't come back as promised. This is my surprised face :n00b:

My wife works from home and ships around a hundred packages per month, all USPS. I've bought and sold hundreds of firearms related items via USPS over the past 10 years. Thousands of shipments coming and going and I can count on one hand the number of issues we've had. Fedex & UPS screw up around 30% consistently.

It's possible when cleaning up the mess behind the trucks during the mad rush to get everyone out in the morning, the parcel was mistakenly loaded in the wrong truck. Packages are scanned as they're pulled from the belt to be loaded, your's could have incorrectly shown on car, when it was misloaded elsewhere. It's also possible the driver ran out of hours before he could return. When a driver is running behind, does it make sense to break off after finding a package, while in turn jeopardizing 4 other deliveries because of time constraint?

I sold some shotgun repair tools on ebay earlier this year to a man near Chicago. Shipped via USPS with delivery confirmation. The USPS tracking last showed the parcel in NY? with no further progress. I apologized to the guy for the delay via messaging and he honestly confirmed receipt before I ever contacted him (so much for that tracking). Last year I had a missed USPS delivery notice with tracking # on my door for a package I wasn't expecting. Our Post Office never found the package and the best explaination I could get from the counter clerk was a shrug of the shoulders followed by "I don't know". Every shipper's tracking system I have experience with is fraught with flaw and should not be considered the Gospel.

For anyone expecting a package no matter what company is the carrier this peak, understand every company is doing everything within their power to get that package delivered as swiftly as possible cause for them not to is only increasing their workload for subsequent day.
    Speaking of workload, imagine increasing your already full day workload by 60-90% without making any mistakes in the rush to accomplish what's expected. We're all only human you know................

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A bit of honesty goes a long way with me, I'm a pretty forgiving fellow by and large and I'm aware of the workload the shipping companies are under. I've got a lot of money hanging in the balance here so you'll have to forgive me if I appear aggravated by having no idea where that money is or if its been lost, delivered to someone else or stolen.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Here's mine.

11/28/2017 11:00 P.M. Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Delivery will be rescheduled.
    11/28/2017 5:00 A.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Gets to 90% delivered in one day. Now has been sitting in Indy for 2 days.

(Sidenote: Midway's shipping is something I really appreciate. I pay for regular, but usually get almost overnight delivery. Well, not this time, but it isn't Midway's fault.)

I also have had a Midway order sitting in Indy with the "A late UPS trailer arrival has delayed delivery." delay.

I currently have 3 out of 3 UPS shipments from different sellers and one USPS shipment "delayed".

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    UPS employees definitely earn their pay 11 months out of the year. That 12th month (December), they are way under paid. I worked preload (actual loading of delivery trucks) for six years. I came to hate Christmas because of the madness that ensued after Thanksgiving. I still have occasional nightmares of never-ending boxes coming at me while angry drivers are staring at me because the needed to leave 15 minutes ago. These drivers are really stretched this time of the year. I think twice before shipping something important this time of the year.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    UPS employees definitely earn their pay 11 months out of the year. That 12th month (December), they are way under paid. I worked preload (actual loading of delivery trucks) for six years. I came to hate Christmas because of the madness that ensued after Thanksgiving. I still have occasional nightmares of never-ending boxes coming at me while angry drivers are staring at me because the needed to leave 15 minutes ago. These drivers are really stretched this time of the year. I think twice before shipping something important this time of the year.
    Ordered a product from Amazon, two day shipping, ordered Tues and it is showing arrival day of Friday. So how is Friday two days from Tuesday? Tis the Season.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ordered a product from Amazon, two day shipping, ordered Tues and it is showing arrival day of Friday. So how is Friday two days from Tuesday? Tis the Season.

Don't get me started on Amazon's delivery times. That's more than enough for an entirely new thread. They used to be awesome, they're slowly transitioning to awful with their delivery schedules.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Don't get me started on Amazon's delivery times. That's more than enough for an entirely new thread. They used to be awesome, they're slowly transitioning to awful with their delivery schedules.

Over the last year I have found that Amazon delivery works as advertised as long as UPS or FedEx is making the delivery. But if they hand it off to the USPS for delivery, most of the time it gets horked up. I have complained numerous times to Amazon about USPS deliveries. My Amazon Prime subscription has been extended several times as a goodwill//compensation gesture, and a couple times I have gotten double deliveries (when USPS failed to deliver the first package, Amazon sends another, and then both arrive), but it is still aggravating. Right now I am waiting on a new smart thermostat for the house which was supposed to be here by yesterday, but now Amazon is telling me "We're not sure what's going on but if it's not there by Sunday give us a call". Overall Amazon offers great service, but when they use USPS, delivery service goes in the dumpster.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another -1 for the USPS and Amazon.

Our mail carrier has decided to not check addresses on anything at all. In the same day we had a package delivered 2 doors down, another delivered next door (with some of our mail), more of our mail in the correct box, but along with mail for the same house number but on the county road. We have caught her driving up close enough to the house to toss packages into the vicinity of the door. It is bad enough we have told friends and family not to mail us anything of any importance.

FedEx is almost as bad. They get the address correct, but will literally leave packages in the middle of the driveway, in the rain. They simply do not care.

Our UPS driver is fantastic. Every single package ends up on the porch every time.

The random Amazon delivery folks are hit and miss. Actually, the delivery is fine, but the creepy people they have making the deliveries is a bit unnerving.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Well UPS finally delivered and my item was stolen, just not by UPS. Someone at Amazon stole the very expensive scope that I ordered and replaced it with a scope which costs 10% of what I ordered. The nylon case the scope was in had the correct model number and a serial number written on it and there is zero possibility that someone mistook what I received for what I ordered. Not a happy camper.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Well UPS finally delivered and my item was stole,n just not by UPS. Someone at Amazon stole the very expensive scope that I ordered and replaced it with a scope which costs 10% of what I ordered. The nylon case the scope was in had the correct model number and a serial number written on it and there is zero possibility that someone mistook what I received for what I ordered. Not a happy camper.

Someone I know from another forum had a similar Amazon issue with a cheaper item swapped in an order. The box had been opened and retaped when he got it. He had a hell of a time getting it straightened out.

That sucks.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well UPS finally delivered and my item was stolen, just not by UPS. Someone at Amazon stole the very expensive scope that I ordered and replaced it with a scope which costs 10% of what I ordered. The nylon case the scope was in had the correct model number and a serial number written on it and there is zero possibility that someone mistook what I received for what I ordered. Not a happy camper.

Ouch.

That sucks.

Here's hoping you get it worked out.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Wonder how many people don't notice the switch, when I was a supervisor at a major Big Box Store Dist. Center, theft was a huge issue. It amazed me the craftiness of these "employees" in devising methods to steal items. I hope Amazon does right by you. Good Luck!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just spent an hour on the phone with them. I am getting a refund as well as a small token for the inconvenience. Not what I hoped for (the scope I ordered) but honestly more than I thought I'd get. My ass is gonna be chapped about this one for some time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just spent an hour on the phone with them. I am getting a refund as well as a small token for the inconvenience. Not what I hoped for (the scope I ordered) but honestly more than I thought I'd get. My ass is gonna be chapped about this one for some time.
    I have a salve for that.

Top Bottom