• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got an M44 and a 91/30 both for $99. (and from Gander Mtn of all places!)

I'll give you $150 for your M44. :laugh: No, I think I'll pick up another M44 and 91/30 while the getting is... well, alright. :D

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would also like to add, and please forgive me if yall alreay knew, but Aim requires a signature for firearms, I guess most places probably do. Fortunately, I happened to be lounging around the house today when UPS brought my 91/30s, but when the M44s get here Monday, I'll have to arrange to be here.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Funny thing is I also traded a 440 round tin of 7.62x54R for another M44, which prices were like $70 a tin. ;)

and I dont blame you!!! they are fun to shoot, should last forever, and apparently the supply is drying up, so prices will continue to go up. Just like the $70 SKS' of years past.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    So which one of you guys with the license is going to transfer my mosin's for me????

Just get your own C&R. Its fast, easy, and requires almost no effort for some cool stuff and good discounts. Mine saved me more than its cost in its first purchase from midwayusa alone.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I paid $179 for the one I already have over a year ago. It was the first one I had seen in over a year, and I got it about 10 minutes after it was set on the rack for sale. While I was paying for it several other customers commented on it, so it wouldn't have lasted long if I had hesitated. I know what your saying, though, 200 clams for a rifle that was going for what, $60 something a couple years ago. I'll get over it in time.;)

I bought one a couple years ago and gave it to my FIL as a gift. i like the M44's and I am SHOCKED at what they are going for now. no way would I pay over $100 for one. but thats just me. i think people are buying into hype created by each other.:twocents:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Cool...Got a link with some informaiton? Thanks!
    Just jump on the ATF website, it has a link to order the app forms. I ordered mine on a Tuesday, and got it in the mail on Thursday. You can actually fill out the form on line, then print it out, send a copy to CLEO, One to ATF, wait about 3 weeks, and your all set. It was way easier and quicker than I anticipated.:yesway:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Cool...Got a link with some informaiton? Thanks!

The application:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16.pdf

The certificate of compliance:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

According to the ATF you CAN print it on white paper, so just fill it out, mail it off (make sure to mail a copy to your chief of police as well), and in less than a month you will have your brand new shiney C&R licence. Then make about a million copies and send to the list of places that is floating around this site somewhere.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Meh, I have just more then $200 in my VKT Finn M39. I will take the 2 stage trigger and accuracy (non neglected barrel, new not made in a hurry) over a run of the mill $200 rusky any day of the week.

:yesway: I'll even take a well used wartime M39 over a Soviet.

I think a couple years ago, Aim was selling them for $69 or $79. Apparently, there are a lot less M44s to go around than 91/30s.

Four years ago AIM had them for $69 with accesories, even two years ago they were $89. Then suddenly they just disappeared.
    About 7 million M44s were made. Many were sent to other countries after WWII to further the revolutions. China, N. Korea, N. Vietnam all received large numbers along with the countries of the Warsaw Pact. Smaller numbers went to Cuba, Central and South America, and Africa. Now compare that to the 16+ million 91/30s made, plus there's the ex-dragoons that were made in fairly large numbers during the late 1920s and early 30s.

Top Bottom