• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Anybody have a pipe cutter and die-stock handle? I'd like to thread my converted Saiga. I'll be bringing the die and thread alignment tool. Also, if anyone has any extra muzzle breaks laying around I'd be willing to give you a few bucks for one just so I don't have bare threads until I find one I like.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Clay and all,

I will need help with something at the party. I have a seriously stuck oversized pin that won't come back out. I got it in about 75% and then it stopped. It picked up some shavings on the edges and dug in (I can see them in the pin hole). I've been able to get it back out to about 40%. I definitely need another pair of eyes to look at this because it just won't come out. I've tried lubricating oil and freezing overnight. I don't want to really crank down on it with the press without looking at every possibility first. The other option would be to drill it out but that would be my last resort.

List updated: AK Build Party, March 3, 2013 @ MCFG

I actually did the exact same thing on a build about 6 months ago. One side of my hole was a bit egged. I ended up drilling it all the way through with a 3/16 bit (started it with a centering bit). It pressed right out after that. Good luck!

What sized oversized pin is it? Mine was the .302.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Any chance somebody has a spare heat treated receiver they arn't using and might be willing to sell or trade? I was really hoping to get a completed rifle for the ride home!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Any chance somebody has a spare heat treated receiver they arn't using and might be willing to sell or trade? I was really hoping to get a completed rifle for the ride home!
    i do a spare polish prebent blank (think thats what you want ill bring it along) but i like where ur head is at i love ak trading

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Anybody have a pipe cutter and die-stock handle? I'd like to thread my converted Saiga. I'll be bringing the die and thread alignment tool. Also, if anyone has any extra muzzle breaks laying around I'd be willing to give you a few bucks for one just so I don't have bare threads until I find one I like.

Ill be bringing all that. Look for the sexiest man there.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm excited! Had to get some lathe work done on a barrel tonight, now I officially have enough parts for one complete rifle (A UF ak74)! I know I'll be bringing what spares I have along with me as well. See you there!

I'm 26 too, might be a younger crowd than I thought.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    haven't yet decided what im bringing to the party just yet the amd doesnt have it barrel extension yet so that is out... so ether one of the krinks, the maddi crutch folder, the galil if i can get its extractor cut done tomorrow, a milled yugo m64, or maybe the pkm sense its pretty much a belt fed over grown upside down ak to many to choose from

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    haven't yet decided what im bringing to the party just yet the amd doesnt have it barrel extension yet so that is out... so ether one of the krinks, the maddi crutch folder, the galil if i can get its extractor cut done tomorrow, a milled yugo m64, or maybe the pkm sense its pretty much a belt fed over grown upside down ak to many to choose from

Tough problem you have there. I'll help you out by buying one of your kits. One less decision for you.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Anybody got any welding equipment that would be reasonable to bring? The ejector on the receiver that I'm building needs to be extended a bit.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Tough problem you have there. I'll help you out by buying one of your kits. One less decision for you.
    id might trade but these are really are a part of a collection im building up still need a rpk that about the only soviet block weapon im missing im a iraq vet so i have a odd bond to the weapons that where once shot at me.... i got a few maks, a highpower, bunch of ak's, 2 psl's one orginal one is a heavybarrel project still waiting for its barrel, a rpd (in the works), and the pkt, pkm coversion project not sure yet what im gonna do for a rear trunnion for that girl... pkt model the one that was mounted in the main turret of the t-80-t-86 tanks got about all the parts for it minus a bipod and the rear trunnion the barrel should arrive anytime this month been waiting forever for it

but i was very happy to get a hold of a original barreled amd65 our gate guards and the iraq police i help train carried them it was the very first ak i fired that was full tilt

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    id might trade but these are really are a part of a collection im building up still need a rpk that about the only soviet block weapon im missing im a iraq vet so i have a odd bond to the weapons that where once shot at me.... i got a few maks, a highpower, bunch of ak's, 2 psl's one orginal one is a heavybarrel project still waiting for its barrel, a rpd (in the works), and the pkt, pkm coversion project not sure yet what im gonna do for a rear trunnion for that girl... pkt model the one that was mounted in the main turret of the t-80-t-86 tanks got about all the parts for it minus a bipod and the rear trunnion the barrel should arrive anytime this month been waiting forever for it

but i was very happy to get a hold of a original barreled amd65

How about cash?

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    depends on what everyone is wanting to trade my rule is dont come back with less than your brought so if i sell one ill have to find another there

Top Bottom