• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm waiting for someone to out me as a Catholic.

its-great-to-be-out-and-proud-quote-1.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wait, you are Muslim? Next thing you will tell me Kut is black or something!

No...BBI is a Hilljack....It's pronounced "Mooslum" in our culture.....:)

I have a good solid 1/2 dozen Muslim customers....Great people...One collects every form of Makarov he can get and I am honored to have secured his rare, double stacked Russian .380 for him....He had been looking for years for one......

[video=youtube;XG7Ujh0XVH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7Ujh0XVH0[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This thread makes me INGO proud.

So, this topic came up at the Southern Baptist Convention in 2016. Here's how Russell Moore responds to the issue of Mosques going up in America:
    [video=youtube;BuGxOE0Vy1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuGxOE0Vy1g[/video]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

So, this topic came up at the Southern Baptist Convention in 2016. Here's how Russell Moore responds to the issue of Mosques going up in America:

That was an excellent answer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So now I'm outing myself as a Southern Baptist- the Dr. Moore version, not Podunk, Arkansas version. I'm not really ashamed that Pastor Podunk claims to be SBC and supports taking away the basic civil rights of others, I'm angry. This isn't me. It isn't us.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wish Dr. Moore would do more of his podcasts, because he really gets me thinking a lot. He's able to confront legalism in a very Biblical manner that's hard to argue against.

Of course, he really pisses off the Confederate flag waving, KJV only, women in pants go to hell, Southern Baptist folks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So now I'm outing myself as a Southern Baptist- the Dr. Moore version, not Podunk, Arkansas version. I'm not really ashamed that Pastor Podunk claims to be SBC and supports taking away the basic civil rights of others, I'm angry. This isn't me. It isn't us.

Are you REALLY a Southern Baptist, and not one of the "Firsties" trying to get on the bandwagon. :bat:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wish Dr. Moore would do more of his podcasts, because he really gets me thinking a lot. He's able to confront legalism in a very Biblical manner that's hard to argue against.

Of course, he really pisses off the Confederate flag waving, KJV only, women in pants go to hell, Southern Baptist folks.

The Footloose component of the Baptist religion isn't as influential as many think.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    First Baptist

Well, my church isn't a "First Baptist". I was raised GARBC and when I moved to NWI in 1995 found a great church that was SBC. I've been SBC through-and-through ever since. No discernible theological difference that I can see between SBC and GARBC, a few practice and polity differences. I'm an ordained SBC Deacon if that helps my cred.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not understand, The first Baptist Church (of any stripe) in a community could be the First Baptist Church. It could be Primitive, Southern, Independent, Northern or even Missionary.

I have seen you use that as a pejorative many times and have never understood your prejudice.

Edit: Sorry I left Out Regular.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, my church isn't a "First Baptist". I was raised GARBC and when I moved to NWI in 1995 found a great church that was SBC. I've been SBC through-and-through ever since. No discernible theological difference that I can see between SBC and GARBC, a few practice and polity differences. I'm an ordained SBC Deacon if that helps my cred.

Hmmm, that's promising,... I will now need to come to a pot luck and to test the mac and cheese, and banana pudding, to put the matter to rest.

Top Bottom