• ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Broadheads

Post up your favorite broadhead. Tell if its mechanical or fixed.
    My favorite to date is the NAP Spitfire 3 blade mechanical.
    However this is subject to change. I have been thinking hard about going to the T3.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Was using fixed Muzzy 4 blades. They seemed to be attracted to trees, which then the blades would break if you try to unwedge them.
    Currently trying Fixed Montecs that are 3 blade and hopefully a little easier to ease out of trees or whatever else I sink them into. (hopefully it'll be a deer!)

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I use Muzzy Fixed 3 Blades. They fly very well with my setup and I got a clean pass through the shoulder of my first archery deer and out its other side. My thoughts are this "keep it simple, the less moving parts - the less room for error." I've seen plenty of deer taken by em, no need to change for me. On a side note, I do like G5 Montec Fixed 3 Blades as well, but Muzzy's do the job for less money.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I used Muzzy 3 blades for a while then I got infected by the Rage fever.

I shot a deer at 25 yards two years ago (i think it was a good hit) & he ran away into a swamp at around a half a mile away with the arrow sticking halfway out of it's side. No pass through. I didn't recover him.

I traded them to a guy at work for three Steel Force Sabertooth fixed blades & bought some Magnus Stingers. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shoot one at a deer yet to see if they're better :(. All I know is that it took that one time for me to doubt the effectivesness of those Rage 2 blade heads.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I used Muzzy 3 blades for a while then I got infected by the Rage fever.

I shot a deer at 25 yards two years ago (i think it was a good hit) & he ran away into a swamp at around a half a mile away with the arrow sticking halfway out of it's side. No pass through. I didn't recover him.

I traded them to a guy at work for three Steel Force Sabertooth fixed blades & bought some Magnus Stingers. Unfortunately I haven't been able to shoot one at a deer yet to see if they're better :(. All I know is that it took that one time for me to doubt the effectivesness of those Rage 2 blade heads.

I've heard a lot of ppl really like the Rage, but I have also heard too many horror stories about em not passing through or not even penetrating. When I checked my deer in at Gander Mtn, the Archery Dept. manager came out and checked my deer and said he shot a doe broadside with a Rage and it didnt even penetrate. He was fortunate enough to get another shot at the same doe the next day and said her shoulder was all bruised up. I think he switched back to a G5 if I remember correctly and got a passthrough on her. /shrug. Until my muzzy fails me, ill "stick" with them.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    FYI..i was at Gander on northside of Indy yesterday. They had a good amount of archery stuff on clearance for 20% off, red tag ending in .97

I got a ripcord code red for 70.00 after discount. It wasn't as advertised as other areas of the store but I asked and anthing ending in .97 with a red tag on the package or the display price tag is included.

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    Been hunting with the SteelForce Phathead for the past few seasons. I love them! Fixed blade, consistent flight, quiet, and TOUGH. No problems resharpening these and using them over and over and over...

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I prefer fixed for the simplicity. I will say I watch the Hank Parker 3D TV show. They use and endorse the Shwacker mechanicals. I think someone on here once said they are a rebranded old mechanical broadhead company. Those suckers really open up deer. When they hit one good it looks like a water hose squirting blood out as they run. I can't justify 39.99 for three but man they sure appear to work well. Anyone use them before?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I tried a Rage 2 blade early on, opened in flight. Other times, just walking with an arrow nocked, it would come undone. Sold them and picked up the Montecs to end the hassle.

They rip some BIG ASS HOLES when they work though.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Other times, just walking with an arrow nocked, it would come undone.

Had something similiar happen with the Hypershocks I was using except I bumped the broad head against the bow when I went to put it in the quiver and it cut the o-ring.

I currently have some Muzzy 4 blade fixed that I'm not real fond of (won't pattern good) and some NAP Crossfires that do pattern good but their overall cut diameter is small.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Had something similiar happen with the Hypershocks I was using except I bumped the broad head against the bow when I went to put it in the quiver and it cut the o-ring.

I currently have some Muzzy 4 blade fixed that I'm not real fond of (won't pattern good) and some NAP Crossfires that do pattern good but their overall cut diameter is small.

You might just try a pack of muzzy mx-3. I originally had the mx-4 and couldnt get them to pattern well. Read somewhere on the web that a 3-blade broadhead is more accurate than a 4. Worked for me.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I make my own bow hangers now. I have them in most all the trees I access. The one in the back is one of them I've made. I also make the bolt/lag that screws into the tree, that this mounts onto.

277.jpg

Top Bottom