• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    :yesway: Yep, still riding with the black leather jacket and helmet. Heat feels good on the old bones. No complaints from me till winter!!

I swapped the leather for mesh, but I'm still riding.

The June and September riders hung up their spurs at the first sign of sweat.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've had to change shirts 3 times today and it's only noon. I hear people tell me "it must be nice to work on the lake in this hot weather." I invite them to come with me and crawl into the bow of the boat I am working on. For reason they decline.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Pansies.

Oh look, it's a cold snap!

forecast.png

But thats dry heat. :D

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I won a weather monitoring station a few years ago at a company picnic. They retail for about $400. 3 outdoor sensors...it throws out the high and low and reports the middle. First time since installing it that it's recorded a temp of 101.0.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Worked 10 1/2 hours in the factory today and some of it up in the ceiling pouring sweat off. Wasn't home 30 seconds and my wife asks me if I'll get the ladder and wash the high windows. Not 5 minutes later, she's standing there fanning herself in the 75 degree kitchen. She's been inside all day.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The wife wants grilled hotdogs and fruit salad for dinner. Guess who gets to fire up the grill for the hotdogs? :D

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    I would prefer 30 degrees over 90 degrees any day. I have been laying a block foundation the last two days and my production has been awful. Ive had to quit by noon both days. The direct sun is the worst of it all. The temps on the west coast right now have me tempted to move somewhere more bearable. Just no California.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I feel for anyone who has to work outside in this heat and humidity. The power company has been working in the area putting up new lines. They went home early on Thursday and didn't work in the area on Friday due to the weather.

Top Bottom