• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • njbenja06

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    While this is true, I know many people who feel the "best" gun chambered in Makarov is the CZ 82. I also have enjoyed the P64, sometimes incorrectly referred to as the "Radom". While the Pistolet Makarovas are fine weapons, I prefer the CZ.

Could not agree more. The CZ can hold more rounds than most and just feels better in my opinion. Have been looking at the P64 for a while too but was not sure. You like yours pretty well I take it. I have three Radom manufactured weapons and absolutely love them but have heard mixed reviews on the P64.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Could not agree more. The CZ can hold more rounds than most and just feels better in my opinion. Have been looking at the P64 for a while too but was not sure. You like yours pretty well I take it. I have three Radom manufactured weapons and absolutely love them but have heard mixed reviews on the P64.

The price for P64 have jumped incredibly over the last year. I bought one, tried it, and sold it.

This made me think twice about owning it.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    The price for P64 have jumped incredibly over the last year. I bought one, tried it, and sold it.

This made me think twice about owning it.

It shoudnt, the fellow tells you his mistake right here

P64 in the safe, I dropped it and bang...I was shot through and through my left forearm. I usually carry my P64 with a round chambered, hammer down, and safety off.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It shoudnt, the fellow tells you his mistake right here

P64 in the safe, I dropped it and bang...I was shot through and through my left forearm. I usually carry my P64 with a round chambered, hammer down, and safety off.

I can drop my CZ-82 right on the hammer and it won't go bang. I don't carry any gun without a firing pin block.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    FWIW,
    The PA 63 , P 64 , CZ 82 aren't Makarov's as designed by Nikolai Makarov, they use the 9x18 round , but that's the end of any likeness.
    Also, the "real deal" Mak has passed the California drop test. :twocents:

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    FWIW,
    The PA 63 , P 64 , CZ 82 aren't Makarov's as designed by Nikolai Makarov, they use the 9x18 round , but that's the end of any likeness.
    Also, the "real deal" Mak has passed the California drop test. :twocents:

And it's been KGB tested and approved! :D

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have an E German Makarov, nice little gun. The blowback design is inherantly accurate and the relatively light recoil of the 9x18 makes it an easy gun to shoot accurately. 1911s have gottten me into the habbit of resting my thumb on the safety, a position that is not compatible with the slide mounted safety on the Mak.

CZ 82 is a nice 9x18 gun too that is similar to the Mak in size but with a couple differences. The mag release on the CZ is up by the trigger and on both sides where the Makarov is at the base of the grip. Both are DA/SA but the CZ can be carried cocked and locked where the Mak is a safety/decocker, no C&L for the Mak.

Both nice pistols, price favors the CZ right now

msirelan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Central IN
    I own one and i carry that thing everywhere. I have had some problems with silver bear dropping at less than 15 yards but the gun itelf is nice, and fun to shoot.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Not one photo in 35 posts? Darn!

Makarov

IMG_0706.jpg

CZ82

IMG_0623.jpg

You're welcome. :D

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I have two, both the Russian commercial made ones that were sold in the US before the ban on import by Billy Bubba. I have a 9X18, and a .380 ACP model, and love them both. They are among the most accurate handguns I have ever owned, and I would never part with them willingly.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom