• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1Walter1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    Mooresville, In.
    Just purchased a 1962 East German Makarov 9x18 with 2 magazines. Serial # BZ Guy only had 15 rounds of ammo. Purchase 2 boxes 50 rounds Hornady 95 gr XTP for less than $20 each. Found a Fobus Makarov 9x18 MAK1 Paddle Holster at Plainfield Shooting Supplies for less than $25. Just one Happy Camper...

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just purchased a 1962 East German Makarov 9x18 with 2 magazines. Serial # BZ Guy only had 15 rounds of ammo. Purchase 2 boxes 50 rounds Hornady 95 gr XTP for less than $20 each. Found a Fobus Makarov 9x18 MAK1 Paddle Holster at Plainfield Shooting Supplies for less than $25. Just one Happy Camper...

Good finds!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got a couple ~8 years years ago. Bought them for ~$125 each back then. A Bulgarian & a Russian. Solid pistol but I don't have a lot of ammo for them so they stay in the safe most of the time.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Man, I just shot my Bulgarian Makarov a couple weeks ago and I love it! It was the first time I shot one, ever. The first time I've ever shot a 9mm of any kind and the first handgun I've shot since the 90's, and I got a 2 inch grouping at 15 yards. Smithereened some Christmas ornaments at the same distance. Two in a row, and had to shoot the 3rd one 3 times. I love the accuracy and not much recoil. I got Pearce grips for it. Haven't shot it with the originals and might not. I also swiss cheesed a spray paint can at 18 yards. Didn't miss. I love this gun.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Man, I just shot my Bulgarian Makarov a couple weeks ago and I love it! It was the first time I shot one, ever. The first time I've ever shot a 9mm of any kind and the first handgun I've shot since the 90's, and I got a 2 inch grouping at 15 yards. Smithereened some Christmas ornaments at the same distance. Two in a row, and had to shoot the 3rd one 3 times. I love the accuracy and not much recoil. I got Pearce grips for it. Haven't shot it with the originals and might not. I also swiss cheesed a spray paint can at 18 yards. Didn't miss. I love this gun.

They are dandies! (And I find the design to be the most fascinating of any gun I've ever fooled with.)

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Shot a Tokarev TT-33 for the first time. I like the feel of it in my hand and the feel of firing it. The narrow width is interesting. Seems very accurate.

I can't deny that the Makarov is a big improvement over the Tokarev overall. So far, overall, of the guns I've shot, the Makarov is my favorite.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    i've had a russian mak for years. got it from midwest in st joe county, cheap as hell at the time like $160 bucks or so. sweet piece, sturdy as hell, I sure would hate to get whacked across the jaw with one

its the only da/sa I can tolerate, though I understand the cz is great, I dont have one of those,.

I just prefer sa or dao. but the mak is great nonetheless.

thinking about getting a tokarev, see they're popping up new now, anybody got feedback put it in my thread. looking at one branded cugir, not sure who makes that model?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Been weighing the options between a Mak and a Tok. The availability of 9x18 may just swing my wallet...

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Hey Kagnew...for 6 yrs I was in the active reserve (after my 3 of active ASA service, my duty station when the bombs went off required me to report to Kagnew Station on "M-Day". i always wondered how I was supposed to get there from the Ft Devens area.
    I was an 059 (05K) from 60-63, then 056 &7 in the reserve unit that met in Salem, Mass (1963-1969). When were you at Kagnew? BTW I got my Tokarev TT33 while on TDY at Bien Hoa RVN in 1962, then finished out at Chitose (12th F/S)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    So has anyone found a decent defensive round other than Hornady? I've had a couple bad experiences with it. It'll take a while before it can earn my confidence back.

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Mousepad Holster

Not being able to afford a holster AND ammo, I opted to get ammo. I wondered if I could make a IWB holster somehow. I got the idea to use an old mousepad and found some odds and ends fasteners. Here is my "new" IWB until I get some money for a better one.

picture.php

picture.php
    picture.php

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Always admired them.

Didn't get one a few years ago when the market was flooded, there were plenty to choose from, and they were cheap.

Don't see them around as much now, the price has jumped, and I do have some ammo supply concerns.

I snoozed and I losed......:dunno:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Always admired them.

Didn't get one a few years ago when the market was flooded, there were plenty to choose from, and they were cheap.

Don't see them around as much now, the price has jumped, and I do have some ammo supply concerns.

I snoozed and I losed......:dunno:
    Still can be had for $300 if you look around. Not exactly cheap, but not a bad price for the quality of firearm.

Top Bottom