• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I bought my russian back in 1993 with a box of chinese ammo. I have never had a malfuction and the finish on mine is beautiful.

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    Sweet Bulgarian...

I love my "Mak"! Very trustworthy. Great in the hand. Accurate at reasonable distances. Easy to carry in my Stoner 415 IWB.

Thinking about having some sights that I can see put on it and having a cerakote job done to protect the steel from rusting.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I love my "Mak"! Very trustworthy. Great in the hand. Accurate at reasonable distances. Easy to carry in my Stoner 415 IWB.

Thinking about having some sights that I can see put on it and having a cerakote job done to protect the steel from rusting.

If you decide to get it blued instead of cerakoted, there's a guy name Loren Fogle (Fogle's Gunsmithing - Specializing in Gun Rebluing and Restoration) over in West Mansfield, Ohio, who does excellent work for very reasonable prices. :yesway:

heofon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    I got my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. It's a 1983 Bulgarian Makarov. I researched inexpensive pistols and the Mak had the most traits I was looking for. I love the design, size and feel. I got it at a gun show and it was the only one there. Really glad it was, too. Really nice finish. Came with two magazines and a like-new East German holster (oh well). Of course I would like a 1958 East German Pistole M or a Simpson-Suhl, dare I say a 1949 first model design? Eventually I want one of each. All in good time, I suppose.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    For anyone who loves pistols chambered in 9x18 there is a Polish P-83 at Four Guns in Lafayette. It has been there for awhile. I think they are asking $300 and it comes with a few magazines. Just thought you all might like to know. The P-83, I used to own one, is larger than the P-64 and is a solid gun.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got my first gun ever a couple of weeks ago. It's a 1983 Bulgarian Makarov. I researched inexpensive pistols and the Mak had the most traits I was looking for. I love the design, size and feel. I got it at a gun show and it was the only one there. Really glad it was, too. Really nice finish. Came with two magazines and a like-new East German holster (oh well). Of course I would like a 1958 East German Pistole M or a Simpson-Suhl, dare I say a 1949 first model design? Eventually I want one of each. All in good time, I suppose.

Congratulations. You'll love it! :rockwoot:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For anyone who loves pistols chambered in 9x18 there is a Polish P-83 at Four Guns in Lafayette. It has been there for awhile. I think they are asking $300 and it comes with a few magazines. Just thought you all might like to know. The P-83, I used to own one, is larger than the P-64 and is a solid gun.

Very solid - that slide is massive for that cartridge. I have one and it serves as a truck gun.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, I really liked it when I had one. I thought the 9x18 fans would jump on it, I guess not. Seems like a good deal.

The P83 and P64 are both nice guns, but my love is for the real Soviet-, East German-, or Bulgarian-made Pistolet Makarova. (I'd better like them. I'm up to three, now.)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have mine! Its a bulgarian, it goes bang every time, functions well, cheap to shoot, and for what it is, fairly accurate to boot!

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    A bit to jump in here, but I love my CZ-82 (I know...not a mak). I've shot that and several makarovs in Michigan with some friends and enjoy it every time. The CZ-82 is great but I think mine may need to find a new home in order to fund a start to a new project...

-Rhino12

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Mak

Love my Mak's !! I have 3 .... 2 - 9x18 one single stack and one double stack. I also have one in .380. I wouldn't sell them for any amount of money !!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom