• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There is not a day which goes by I am driving down the road the scent of skunk weed fills the truck, I am not kidding. I am actually a little surprised how many people are smoking while driving.

I am not slamming or judging people for smoking it, not at all. Anyway, just seems I am the only one not doing it or at least in the minority.
    In my almost 45 years on this earth, the only thing I've ever smoked is tasty meat.

Not saying I wouldn't ever touch it, but at this point, might as well hold out until it's legal - especially since I work in an industry where it is really bad news to violate laws regarding controlled substances.

Stavman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Jeffersonville
    I've been enjoying the 'legal" Delta 8 gummies you can buy at the CBD shops. I normally take one only at night. Get's me some of the best sleep I have had in years.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No pot here, either. Never have. Don't see the purpose.

Occasional drinker. More of a "bourbon by the bonfire" kind of thing. Hate feeling intoxicated.

I also don't see all that many folks "partaking" while out and about. Maybe I don't get out enough. Maybe I just don't notice. Maybe it just isn't an "edge of rural" thing. Dunno.
    I don't see/smell it much myself. Occasionally smell it on someone in a store, or on a trail but that's about it.
    No weed here. Watched my ex-wifes brother do nothing for 58 years except hit the pipe and live with his mother. Never held a job for long, always blamed someone else for everything that happened to him. I have no doubt some very successful people can handle it but there are definitely others who cannot and have wasted a life time being pie-eyed.

Dirty Steve
    I would pretty much bet he would have been the same without the grass.
    I’m thinking you guys haven’t SMELLED a skunk. What you smell driving past roadkill is not the true smell haha get sprayed by one it is almost like the roadkill smell + 10,000 cloves of rotten garlic in your eyes and nostrils
    Never been sprayed, I know better than to try to pet the pretty stripped kitty. But if you notice in my comment I stated as long as it's not too strong.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I've been sprayed by a skunk before. Joke was on him though, I can't smell. Made me feel like I was covered in antifreeze though. Yuck. I've also never smoked and I drink so little it's almost nothing. Wish I could quit the dt mt dew though. I went to a wedding reception last fall and the bride and her friends were out in the field smoking some weed. eh. whatever. Not my wedding and they didn't bother me.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    There is not a day which goes by I am driving down the road the scent of skunk weed fills the truck, I am not kidding. I am actually a little surprised how many people are smoking while driving.

I am not slamming or judging people for smoking it, not at all. Anyway, just seems I am the only one not doing it or at least in the minority.
    **** hippies, I don't smoke it. :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    At some point in the next decade, there will be an opening and increase in legitimate health care uses for weed and edibles. There's some now for various diseases, cancer, inflammation, and sleep benefits. Varies by state due to religion and politics but I'm all for helping sick people with the demonized natural product. For now Big Pharma and their political allies are still very happy, dominant in conjunction with medical industrialization and protocols.

As for smelling it, in my travels I don't believe I have. We don't typically venture into larger cities, so maybe that's why.
    What if the "pandemic" was just a way of squeaking out one last big success before legalization at the federal level decimates big pharma? :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No weed here. Watched my ex-wifes brother do nothing for 58 years except hit the pipe and live with his mother. Never held a job for long, always blamed someone else for everything that happened to him. I have no doubt some very successful people can handle it but there are definitely others who cannot and have wasted a life time being pie-eyed.

Moderation is the key, just like with alcohol. If you sit and drink all day, you end up the same way. Pot just doesn't have as harsh of a hangover (or none for some people), so it's easier to binge.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I quit the pot and the Liquor on my 17th birthday due to some things that happened at that pig roast party.

I first noticed my irritation at the smell of the weed while walking the Freemont Experience in DT Vegas. You couldn't escape the smell and I wished for the old days where a persons drinking allowed their good time while not offending my nose. Now the local E 10th St. Kroger smells of the skunk every night.

I credit the refined medical grade oil for saving my daughters live after being diagnosed with "The Terminator" brain cancer/glioblastoma. 5 years and counting. I will vouch for the medical benefit.

Hunting is my drug. Ding dongs and Diet Mt Dew are my vices.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Nothing like a deep breath of skunk stink smokey clothes in the line at McDs going for a Large coffee and a Sausage MeMuffin. Heaven, Yuck, gag, stay 6 ft away!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    200.gif

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Never have. Don't have a problem with people doing it as long as they do it at home and aren't planning on driving just like with drinking.
    ^^^this^^^

Just never had the desire to try. It is still illegal (Federally) in all 50 states. Apparently Congress has not figured out how to tax it yet.

The neighbors smoke will drift over the fence regularly in the summer. Some social friends will smoke at gatherings but never awkward for smokers or teetotalers.

Wife subject to testing at work and has no interest in trying. I’m just old and set in my ways.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I quit the pot and the Liquor on my 17th birthday due to some things that happened at that pig roast party.

I first noticed my irritation at the smell of the weed while walking the Freemont Experience in DT Vegas. You couldn't escape the smell and I wished for the old days where a persons drinking allowed their good time while not offending my nose. Now the local E 10th St. Kroger smells of the skunk every night.

I credit the refined medical grade oil for saving my daughters live after being diagnosed with "The Terminator" brain cancer/glioblastoma. 5 years and counting. I will vouch for the medical benefit.

Hunting is my drug. Ding dongs and Diet Mt Dew are my vices.
    Only tried the grass once, didn’t do anything, probably was 12 or 13.

People often look at me funny when I say I stopped drinking when I was 17. We hit it pretty hard, starting in 5th grade. Some sooner. Friend passed out hugging the toilet at a 5th grade birthday party, many were hung over.
    Bad start.

My vice of Diet Coke could be worse, I suppose.

Top Bottom