• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Every last one of mine serve a purpose. Each fill a void in my life.

At last count, there are at least 53 "voids" that have been filled. With any luck, there'll be another 50 or so "voids" to fill in the coming years.

Now thats what I am talking about.:D

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying there is anything wrong with owning "fun" guns. Just that I don't right now. The one that I am looking at that would be just for fun/nostalgia is the Rossi Ranch hand.

2e2PsTOKDZ5k64mSC2xux9HHcoDUEJfBagyK54-zw3hGonf9-_bkBDbSL2cXgo1FO0gfteAI58jYtQXOKwAm62PCjtQ81EUWfp5Es1lsBqxDDhE1T1qCaFlN7EipBRDPa1OvikW4TN7V2Tzc2-id6eZL11c5_ZYH9WPP9A

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why does a gun HAVE to serve a defined purpose?
    All my guns (40 or so) serve a purpose, they make me smile when I pull the trigger.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Why does a gun HAVE to serve a defined purpose?
    All my guns (40 or so) serve a purpose, they make me smile when I pull the trigger.

Thats how I feel. People always ask why I need so many guns even though I cant hunt with them. Its because they look cool, I can stare at them when Im bored and need something to do, and theyre just downright fun to shoot. I find no difference than collecting anything else. Its just for fun.

ERyanH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Does collecting count as fun? cause all my firearms are ones my grandfather collected.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Mine are all dual purpose. The Mossberg 835 is for trap and small game/bird hunting. Pistols are for protection and plinking. My .22s are what I consider my "fun" guns. We can have a lot of fun honing skill and do it cheaply. That and they work well for the smaller varmints.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In the last 3 years or so, I've pared down significantly. I pared down so much that I recently re-purchased something similar to what I'd sold...

As of now, everything that I own (besides the inherited antique shotguns) can, will, and does serve a purpose. And they can all be pressed into service as "go to" guns.

I have a good 12ga shotgun (and an antique 20ga bolt-action that still works) - multiple uses

I have a good centerfire rifle (AK platform)

I have 2 center fire pistols / holsters for each

I have a good mini-revolver /holster for CC

I have a good full-sized revolver / holster

And I have a .22 LR pistol for inexpensive trigger time / marksmanship practice.

I used to have 3-4 other pistols, but I've traded / sold them off. Now I'm more concerned about quality than quantity. I don't even shoot the ones that I DO own as much as I'd like...no sense in owning another 4 that I don't shoot.

-J-

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I don't have any guns that are just for fun. I do hope to get a .22 pistol this year, but that will be for cheap practice. I would like to have a few fun guns, but at this point I am still trying to fill my for a purpose gun spots.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The only "fun guns" I have are the ones given to my by my father. One of them is a 10/22 I got for Xmas when I was 12. That being said, the 10/22 has been rebuilt as a Liberty Training Rifle...kind of giving it the purpose of training new shooters when my young ones get a little older (and doing an Appleseed if I ever get around to it).

Other than those, I only have three guns other than my duty weapons and all three pretty much mirror my duty firearms so I get more trigger time on the same platforms.

amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I only have one gun that I use as a range toy... It's a Rem. 700 .243, and it can be a blast at the range. However, I feel that every gun you own, you should train with to a certain extent...

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    Well Most every weapon I have is for a purpose. I love the outdoors. Most for hunting. However I will admit I bought my first AR in Dec. just for fun. I know one day it might have a purpose if if if However it was totally for fun and is a blast to shoot. So much so I am planning a build, kicking around cal. now. I never bought one because I never sa a use or a need Glad I did

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am retired and really only need a pistol and shotgun for home protection. That said I have a lot more guns for the fun of owning them Really none of my battle rifles are practicle, but I do not care. I love holding a historical piece and blasting that evil paper target. At my age I probable am not going to war for my country, but I feel that I have earned the right to enjoy experiencing history.
    If you want the toy and you can afford it ENJOY yourself.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I'm really feeling guilty........NOT!!!:D

Sure, I have guns in well planned places in case of an emergency, but I have no explanation for the ton of other guns resting comfortably in my safe. Maybe they are a bit (tiny) of an investment, but every single one of them, I bought for a reason, and I guess if it's to take out and hunt with once a year, or just go look at and clean, so be it.

When did buying guns have anything to do with necessity??:rolleyes:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    All of my guns have a purpose...............................except one. My most recent purchase, a Taurus 444 ultralite. The only time it comes out of the safe is to go to the range. Although, if I ever find a holster that is just right I might carry it just for fun.:draw: OC of course

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't own very many firearms, but the only one I won which doesn't occupy a role is a Mosin 91/30. It's fun to plink cinder blocks with though

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    It all comes down to your budget. If you can afford and you like it for whatever reason, why not? I have my tried and true guns that serve functions and then I have a few that I just think are neat, cool whatever.
    My wife sometime asks me why I need a particular gun. To which I reply, needs got nothing to do with it.......

Top Bottom