Amazon Prime Day, Anything worth buying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's all good, thanks. I think I won't rock the boat and will just see how it shakes out. If you didn't see any XT2 units for sale, then maybe I am grandfathered in as free cloud storage after all.

</hijack>

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Touching base on this again. Anyone planning on doing anything with this?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Touching base on this again. Anyone planning on doing anything with this?

If they have something I need at a good price, sure.

I don't buy stuff just because it's on sale.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've heard a couple of tips on tech and sale podcasts over the weekend. I didn't follow this that closely, but could be that purchases that I might be making soon anyway could be discounted? Also heard something about a $20 credit for uploading a photo to Amazon Prime Photos? :dunno: I already use this service, so I'll take that, if the deal applies to me?

I put potential purchases in my wish list (like always,) and 3 items in my cart, without continuing the order. Supposedly, there could be notifications, if any of these items are discounted or the entire purchase would be during this sale?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've heard a couple of tips on tech and sale podcasts over the weekend. I didn't follow this that closely, but could be that purchases that I might be making soon anyway could be discounted? Also heard something about a $20 credit for uploading a photo to Amazon Prime Photos? :dunno: I already use this service, so I'll take that, if the deal applies to me?

I put potential purchases in my wish list (like always,) and 3 items in my cart, without continuing the order. Supposedly, there could be notifications, if any of these items are discounted or the entire purchase would be during this sale?
    That would be nice. I keep a pretty extensive cart (wish list to a lesser extent) and just move stuff to buy later if I don't need/want it when I place regular orders for stuff.

My wife and I have an arrangement; she buys something personal and I buy something personal, usually Jeep parts currently. :)

I'll look into the picture thing.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Picked up a 55" 4k uhd fire tv for the bedroom. $28X.00 and free shipping. Should be atleast as good as the old plasma in the room. And i should be able to see it now.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I didn't get any notifications, but several items in my saved lists are 20% off.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If you have a Blink camera system, they have two indoor cameras for the price of one ($29.99). I have two outside cameras, but thought I'd put a couple inside to keep an eye on the dogs (or watch them sleep...)

Remove the space after the https.

https ://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N6QBMTW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If you have a Blink camera system, they have two indoor cameras for the price of one ($29.99). I have two outside cameras, but thought I'd put a couple inside to keep an eye on the dogs (or watch them sleep...)

Remove the space after the https.

https ://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09N6QBMTW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
    Not to:thread jack but do the blinks have any storage or do you have to subscribe?

thanks

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We ordered a couple of blinks to experiment with. If we like them, we'll pick up the local storage/management unit and a couple more cams.

I've had an updated wifi mesh on the wishlist for a while. It went on deep discount, so picked it up.

My wife and I keep a few wish lists running and wait for sales. I'm sure she will pick up a few little things for herself, now that they are 40% off (or better).

I've got enough projects going on right now, and don't need any more "but it was on sale" projects on the list!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have three items in my cart. The cart price dropped 10 bucks, two out of three items discounted with Prime Day discounts. :rockwoot:

The disappointing part is the longer I wait to actually buy the more they keep bumping back the shipping arrival time. :xmad:

This morning, two of the three items would have arrived tomorrow and the other Thursday, as long as I ordered before midnight tonight. I've checked back throughout the day and the arrival time keeps moving further out (while I'm still within their original "order by" schedule.) Last check, the arrival times are now Saturday and Monday. :wallbash:

I'd like the 7+% savings (pay for the stupid IN taxes, :rolleyes:) but they are pissing me off on the shipping times.

Amazon has been fantastic, since they began shipping their own product. Getting better and better, to the point that their shipping is now unrivaled. Order a small item on a Saturday and receive it on a Sunday. Crazy, but wonderful. Wonderful, but fast shipping is now their standard. If you give a "receive this tomorrow, order by..." time, it should be honored, correct?

At the risk of losing money and of adding more stupid shipping time, I think I'm going to wait and see if the times change around tomorrow? Maybe I'll just forgo Amazon Prime Day all together this year? I think I'd rather have them see a lost sale, over me bending to their moving of the goalposts?

:soapbox:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    With multiple Amazon warehouses within an hour drive, I'd bet most of this "prime day" stuff arrives a lot sooner than expected.

My stuff showed 7/25 when ordered. Wouldn't surprise me to see it this weekend.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not to:thread jack but do the blinks have any storage or do you have to subscribe?

thanks
    I chose them because they do not have a subscription fee. They do have storage, and its plenty for me because I delete the clips as I go. One thing about Blink is that there is a delay of 5, maybe even 10 seconds before you get the notification that there is (was) motion detected. Some of it is the nature of the product and some of it depends on your wifi.

The other reason I chose Blink is that it is compatible with Alexa. I'm home all the time and I don't usually have my phone with me, so I don't get the notifications on the app. We have Echo Show 5's in three rooms, so Alexa can tell me when there was motion detected, and I can ask her to show me what set it off. I also have the Blink app on my PC using an android emulator.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know the current version of the Blinks have an optional network device to provide local storage and management. Something like $35 one-time. Also an optional cloud storage, with subscription.

Some complaints on motion detection and how slow to send a notification. Hoping they have updated software by now, and some reports say they have.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I know the current version of the Blinks have an optional network device to provide local storage and management. Something like $35 one-time. Also an optional cloud storage, with subscription.

Some complaints on motion detection and how slow to send a notification. Hoping they have updated software by now, and some reports say they have.
    Ours are two years old. I wonder if it would be worth getting new ones?

Ratman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I picked up some merino wool ankle socks, 6 pair for 20 bucks and and a cheap air rifle scope but I buy a lot of budget scopes there and know the regular prices and I saw a LOT of them showing massive discounts but the discounts were based on jacked up prices. Buyer beware.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just an FYI check the amazon warehouse tab. I just ordered a new laptop(Lenovo) with a 9th gen I7 6 core processor and windows 11 pro. It was refurbished(down from $879 to $699),then the Prime day 51% off. On top off that it had a coupon for another 20% off. I used some rewards points,and had it out the door for $152 :)
    Yes it only had 8g of RAM,but it is up-gradable(and I have sticks laying around). Also only had a 256g HD,but again I have those laying around as well.

I will admit shopping the warehouse is a pita because it has virtually no search.But lots of huge discounts there,especially today(most things seem around an additional 40% off).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom