• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I wasn't there, and I'm not her, so I cannot say what she was feeling. I do think that she did what she felt was the best option. Personally, I would not get out of my vehicle to confront an aggressor. If they need to be shot, I can replace my windows. I'm not putting myself at greater risk by exposing myself to an aggressor. I'll wait for an on duty officer to show up and arrest the aggressors.

Sometimes, while not lawful, a gun needs presented to calm down the situation.

It's not always necessary to take a life. Just because the law is very dumb about it doesn't mean it isn't valid.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Unpopular opinion incoming: Black people in this country have figured out that if they point a camera at a white person and successfully get a rise out of them, a payday is incoming and their target is going to prison. I can't remember the last time one of these "white person/gun" videos ended in charges for anyone but whitey.

The whole state of the country right now can be blamed on people getting drunk on the power of the mob. We now have hustlers like this roving around looking to instigate the next "racial incident" and win a nice lump of victim privilege and GoFundMe money.

Victim status is power. Minority status is power. These people have discovered overnight that they can get away with anything, and this is the result. Becky bumps into you at the store, you can draw your phone and do whatever the hell you want to her and the mob will side with you and she'll get charged for it. Welcome to the new normal under Cultural Marxism. It's coming for you next.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Unpopular opinion incoming: Black people in this country have figured out that if they point a camera at a white person and successfully get a rise out of them, a payday is incoming and their target is going to prison. I can't remember the last time one of these "white person/gun" videos ended in charges for anyone but whitey.

The whole state of the country right now can be blamed on people getting drunk on the power of the mob. We now have hustlers like this roving around looking to instigate the next "racial incident" and win a nice lump of victim privilege and GoFundMe money.

Victim status is power. Minority status is power. These people have discovered overnight that they can get away with anything, and this is the result. Becky bumps into you at the store, you can draw your phone and do whatever the hell you want to her and the mob will side with you and she'll get charged for it. Welcome to the new normal under Cultural Marxism. It's coming for you next.

Absolutely spot on.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would like to be on the jury if this goes to trial because there is no way I would vote to convict. Of course, being Detroit, I doubt many others on the jury would share my opinion. I expect the charges will get reduced to something much less serious unless they want to "make an example" out of them. I agree that the "victims" were being extremely confrontational to the point of being a complete and total arse.

All this over accidentally bumping into someone outside a business. :rolleyes:

It's not really Detroit, the media there just seems to call everything 'Detroit area' or whatever. This happened about 30 miles north in Oakland County. Saying this was Detroit is like saying New Castle is Indianapolis. While Oakland County has some crap holes like Pontiac, the northern part of the County is one of the richest in the state, there is a lot of $$ that lives up there. The Sheriff there that's in the news is pretty popular but a total politician. It looks like this happened near a big shopping area called Great Lakes Crossing, similar to our Hamilton Town Center but bigger, i've been there many times. Unfortunately this area like many other shopping areas has started to go down hill and a lot of shoppers have moved on to the Troy area, think our Keystone at the Crossing type places. I personally wouldn't have felt that threatened from a loudmouth mom and daughter but it's the ladies perception that matters. I hope this ends up going away for them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It would have been nice if he had spiked the usefulness of the video by saying something like "OK, what will it take to shut you grifters up? Will $50 do it?" audibly on camera, and then charged them with blackmail if they took the money

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's an interesting wrinkle about the car automatically applying the brakes because one of the women was behind the minivan. That's not something I had considered since I don't have a newer car with all of the "safety" features. Imagine being in a scenario we've seen play out countless times in cities recently where a mob surrounds a vehicle. It's scary to think about not having the ability to push through due to the car automatically braking because it senses people around it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's an interesting wrinkle about the car automatically applying the brakes because one of the women was behind the minivan. That's not something I had considered since I don't have a newer car with all of the "safety" features. Imagine being in a scenario we've seen play out countless times in cities recently where a mob surrounds a vehicle. It's scary to think about not having the ability to push through due to the car automatically braking because it senses people around it.

Maybe we can get manufacturers or aftermarket to add an MLM (My Life Matters) override button that disables all that crap as long as you hold it in

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Apparently you can disable it, but I have no experience with such things. My newest vehicle is a 2006, and I don't think I want anything much newer.

That definitely changes my opinion on her drawing the gun. I now believe that was her only choice.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Apparently you can disable it, but I have no experience with such things. My newest vehicle is a 2006, and I don't think I want anything much newer.

That definitely changes my opinion on her drawing the gun. I now believe that was her only choice.

A laptop and an OBD2 adapter can do an incredible amount of things with a new car.

Don't fear new technology, exploit it!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A computer isn't $40k.

Worst case, you'd replace the computer. Providing you couldn't take the unit to a dealership and have them manually force a flash.

Yeah, but until then it's a $40k brick. :):

I'd like to hear about all of these "incredible" things you can do with the bloated technology on a lot of new vehicles.

Top Bottom