• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I know it's $35 or more everywhere in Avon except Parabellum and he's at $28 I believe.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Basic pistol instructor/ RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

I was in there about a month ago . Winchester 9mm 100rd box was going for $40

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    For those old enough there was a cabbage patch craze back in the day and it shows people will pay for what they want..... So anything is only worth what you are willing pay !?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sorry off topic a little, lol
    Not by my standards :laugh:

The scarcity of a highly desired item causing prices to increase and people to go crazy. And the cabbage patch kid craze wasn’t that long ago. I had just gotten out of high school, oh crap it was a long time ago.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Heck, if some one wants to buy a box of 9mm I have a box I could let go for $30. I wouldn't travel more than a couple of miles to the local wally world to make the exchange.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't understand. How is it scary?

When demand meets supply, aren't we happy that the market has found its level?

I have pondered this question quite a bit (largely due to the intensity of those upset by higher ammo prices) and have a hypothesis that they are using ammo prices as a measure of how good our world is going, much like some folks do similar looking at their 401k balances. That angst at CTD, who is usually have the first and steepest price changes, is less about CTD and more about they are upset that things are not going well by that measure.

And they may be right, ammo pricing may be a good measure of how things are going...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Saw an article today the ammo manufacturers do not expect to meet demand until late next year at the soonest. Keep this page warm, more to come...

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    nnWo2mKh.jpg

Range local to me, and the scary thing is that it is selling quickly (or at least appears to be)
    I bought .270 today for $17.99 :laugh:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The gun industry works on pretty small margins overall so when something like this happens it's a chance for them to make some $$. I doubt though that by the time product reaches your LGS they are getting rich off it. It's amazing that just back in say January/February it was a total buyers market.

Top Bottom