• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    2016 wasn’t nearly this bad. I think people were numb from 8 years of Obama.

That's what I'm thinking. There was a bit of an increase prior to the election, but once Trump won, prices stabilized and then started going down.

Yeah, most stuff was available to some extent, with the exception of .22lr. Then suddenly right after the election EVERYTHING was easy to find but it took a few months before prices really dropped much. I fully expect the same thing to happen this time around.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I don't understand. How is it scary?

When demand meets supply, aren't we happy that the market has found its level?

Get out of here with your crazy Kirkanomics! People should sell their 5.56 at the same price they bought it for when Walmart was closing it out dirt cheap! Price gougers are mean!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, most stuff was available to some extent, with the exception of .22lr. Then suddenly right after the election EVERYTHING was easy to find but it took a few months before prices really dropped much. I fully expect the same thing to happen this time around.

The manufacturers do not agree. They are projecting late next year if all goes well. A thread here had one company with $81 million in backorders...

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    They are not going away if that is what you are thinking. There is just too much empty shelf space to refill. Also heard law enforcement is buying a good amount.

I'm thinking the backorders will be filled, and with Trump still in the White House, the China Flu winding down, winter weather slowing the protests, and people going back to spending their available funds on things like $800 truck payments, there will be a glut of ammo on the market.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I heard someone ask when I was in there 2 days ago and Highsmith had ZERO 22, 380, 9mm, 40, 45acp...and they said it would be the end of next week before the next ammo shipment and they have no idea what calibers will be in it.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I heard someone ask when I was in there 2 days ago and Highsmith had ZERO 22, 380, 9mm, 40, 45acp...and they said it would be the end of next week before the next ammo shipment and they have no idea what calibers will be in it.

They couldn't control what calibers they get?
    Is it just something that the distributor sends them when they get anything in?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    On a more positive note, I just picked up 12 boxes of 30-30 at Walmart for anywhere from $15.50 to $17 a box.

I've seen it online for $34+ a box, and sometimes not available at all, so pretty happy with that find.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not true. Departments are getting allocated less now as well. Use to be able to get a couple cases a month. Now it's down to maybe 1 case if you're lucky.

Not good to hear that, but what I had read was more talking about how early on in the riot season departments were doing some stocking up. How widespread was not mentioned but it was thought a contributing factor. I could see departments in dem controlled cities not stocking ammo and needing it when the riots hit.

Top Bottom