• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Phrenic nerve pacemaker. We were looking at these for a trauma patient but no surgeon in Indiana is doing them yet. I think your diaphragm should regain function anyway though, since the nerve likely has a thermal injury but was not divided.

That's the hope. Average freeze time for lack of resolution averaged 90 seconds. Mine was 57 seconds. They had no conduction for a while but it was conducting again about 15 mins later I think. So nerve is intact, just a myelin issue maybe.

supposedly 4.7% risk of this and only 0.37% do not get full resolution at a year. My doc has never had that happen with cryo.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So I'm home. This breathing stuff sucks. I got to the top of stairs and was panting/gasping for three minutes

on a positive note they shaved both sides of my groin but not the middle so I have this awesome racing stripe thing going.

Sounds like a Hitler mustache. :): I know how that shortness of breath is. Hope you get better soon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like a Hitler mustache. :): I know how that shortness of breath is. Hope you get better soon.

Wait, wasnt Pinocchio a German tale?

Am I the only one reading this thread and has no idea of the terminology and thus no idea of what is going on?

Just nod and smile. You will look like you understand.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's the hope. Average freeze time for lack of resolution averaged 90 seconds. Mine was 57 seconds. They had no conduction for a while but it was conducting again about 15 mins later I think. So nerve is intact, just a myelin issue maybe.

supposedly 4.7% risk of this and only 0.37% do not get full resolution at a year. My doc has never had that happen with cryo.

You know what happens in my world when this happens and the patient isn't someone who knows how the world works.

Prayers for a speedy recovery and for properly synchronized atria.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You know what happens in my world when this happens and the patient isn't someone who knows how the world works.

exactly. I considered short-term disability but I think I need to be off for six weeks before my policy kicks in. Certainly nothing to sue over. If you don't want complications, don't have procedures done.

Prayers for a speedy recovery and for properly synchronized atria.

thanks. I just hit 2500 on my incentive spirometer. I was at 750 Saturday morning or Friday night, can't remember which. Still short of breath while doing things but improving already

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You know, sometimes folks ask for pics. I think I'm fine without them here...

- - - Updated - - -

You know, sometimes folks ask for pics. I think I'm fine without them here...

moustache-de-charlie-chaplin.jpg

The double reply says "- - - Updated - - -", I wonder if it's a problem with the auto save feature

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How are you doing today, Doc?

better, though I have a cold which is bad timing. Was able to over do it a bit by using a leaf blower for half an hour. Probably too much stress on my puncture sites.

breathing is still slowly improving. Some times I forget it's not normal and do something and then have to stop and catch up again on my air

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My 21 year old son had his first episode of SVT this summer. They got him in for an ablation speedy quick. Ended up being more complicated than they though, but OK. He vagaled when they were getting him up to kick him out. Had to spend the night. After being home for a day, he had chest pain, nausea, short of breath. Called cardiologist, he said go to ER, NOW. EKG was no bueno. Gave him nitro and asprin. Did a cath to look for blood clot, found nothing. Spend another night and was fine...

Until a couple weeks ago. Went to ER in Muncie feeling not right, shaking, sweaty, slurring speech. But EKG was ok. Kept him overnight and sent him home with heart monitor to wear for three weeks. It has a button to push if you feel funny and it will take an EKG. He's hit once so far.:dunno:

Heart stuff is scary. Especially when it's your kid.:(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Update: over a year since my procedure, have been in normal rhythm since October 2017 :rockwoot:

my diaphragm is working better. Don’t think it’ll ever be normal again. Afraid to get an X-ray and prove it

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Update: over a year since my procedure, have been in normal rhythm since October 2017 :rockwoot:

my diaphragm is working better. Don’t think it’ll ever be normal again. Afraid to get an X-ray and prove it

But more importantly, have you retained the racing stripe, or did you go back to natural?:laugh:

Top Bottom