• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    On WTHR-13, she said he was her former lawn care guy and she let him approach her, because she thought he was going to, and I quote, "hug her". I agree to carry around the house, but the mentality to be on guard will have to be there, too.

Woman talks about being tied up and robbed in her own home - Local News - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Surprised by someone we trusted, be in a family member or an ex-employee, may put us behind the curve but not out of the fight. Of course, on body carry is the only thing that's going to matter in that situation. Preferably as a surprise.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    She sure does! I snapped a few pictures last weekend while Mom was doing yard work.
    ddfef28ce41baab275b6b8a8b7c83285.jpg

Creepers sneaking around in my back yard again, I see.

My hubby dreams my behind looked like that.
    :laugh:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Everyone makes their own choices. Having something stashed in places around the house is great . . . until you're more than an arm's length away from it.

People don't understand how quickly things go from nothing to the bad guy inside your house and bearing down on you. If you think you'll have time to retrieve a weapon that is not on your person and you are tested, I hope you are right.

Have a plan. Remember the bad guy has a plan and just rehearsed it in his head. As soon as the door swings open I am going to rush the room with the glowing TV. The plan you just rehearsed in your head, don't spill your pizza reaching for your beer.

Good reminder time as you are doing spring yard work. Carry while you are working, never know when that creepy Gypsy worker is going to show up and offer to help for a few bucks. Lock the door between the garage and the house because you will forget to close your garage door. Close your garage as you go around the corner of the house to pull that weed that will take 30 seconds and then find yourself engrossed in a 30 minute project out of view of your open garage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have a plan. Remember the bad guy has a plan and just rehearsed it in his head. As soon as the door swings open I am going to rush the room with the glowing TV. The plan you just rehearsed in your head, don't spill your pizza reaching for your beer.

Good reminder time as you are doing spring yard work. Carry while you are working, never know when that creepy Gypsy worker is going to show up and offer to help for a few bucks. Lock the door between the garage and the house because you will forget to close your garage door. Close your garage as you go around the corner of the house to pull that weed that will take 30 seconds and then find yourself engrossed in a 30 minute project out of view of your open garage.

We have a plan in place.
    If you know us we know you are coming and when you get here. Cell phones are a great tool for this. No one we really know just stops by anymore. We are all for the most part like thinking with the world in this chaotic state and morality/honor in the toilet.

If someone knocks on the wrong door (many of you have been to our home so you understand) they are not greeted with a smile and empty hands. They are always approached and surprised from a blind side. This does not happen often but it does happen. Be prepared. Be aware.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Aside from your pistol actually being accessible in an emergency, having it ON you also handles the question of how do you secure it from kids--until you go to sleep

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    My daughter and I had this conversation about a month ago. She thought I was a bit paranoid for always carrying around the house. I explained that it kept the gun out of the hands of any grandkids who might be visiting and there was no need to go retrieve it in the event of need.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    We have a plan in place.
    If you know us we know you are coming and when you get here. Cell phones are a great tool for this. No one we really know just stops by anymore. We are all for the most part like thinking with the world in this chaotic state and morality/honor in the toilet.

If someone knocks on the wrong door (many of you have been to our home so you understand) they are not greeted with a smile and empty hands. They are always approached and surprised from a blind side. This does not happen often but it does happen. Be prepared. Be aware.

We have a plan in place as well, and it`s well rounded. Part of that plan is, we don`t do business with solicitors, no matter who they are. If I need or want a service, I search them out, I strongly dislike strangers at my front door. We even had an instance a couple years back where some dude showed up at the front door, and I answer with a Glock 30 in my hand, behind my back. He`s wearing no uniform, no ID badge, nothing to identify him as working for any company. There`s not even a vehicle in our driveway. He tells me he`s from our home alarm company, and he`s going to go hit the box, and do a quick inspection and upgrade. I say, can you wait here for just a second? And go yell downstairs to my wife, asking her if she either called the alarm company, or, got a call from them. She says no. I go back to the door and tell the dude, no thanks, we`re good. He proceeds to tell me why he has to do this, because the bad guys are...I cut him off, and tell him in a clear voice, NO, we`re GOOD! He turns and walks down the driveway to the street, and I walk out onto the porch, still holding the Glock. A half block down the street, there is a small car sitting in the street, someone behind the wheel, motor running. This dude get`s into the car, and it drives away. I have no idea what that was about, and the alarm company says they sent no one out. Just one reason of many, I strongly discourage strangers showing up at my door.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I used to chuckle then rhino said he carried 24/7. Now I can barely remember the last time I didn't.

I appendix carry the G43 with the spare mag on the other side for balance in my "jammies." They clip well enough to the "belt" built into the Duluth Souped-Up sweats. A light fixed blade and Preon P2 round it all out.

red-approved-stamp-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-TtMImT-clipart.png

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I carry whenever I am awake and have one nearby when I am not. I wear my pistol in the house, while gardening or whatever I am doing in the yard. I used to just take it with me when I left to go off the property but there is just too much craziness in our world anymore to not be prepared. My neighbors cannot see my house or into my yard so I doubt anyone would hear or see anything if someone came here to do us harm.

red-approved-stamp-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-TtMImT-clipart.png

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For people with lower back issues who get relief from wearing supportive belts while at home, I might suggest that such belts can support a paddle holster or IWB holster easily.

I'm just sayin'.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My logic for ALWAYS carrying is a little less impressive. Yes, I agree with the logic of 'you never know when something can happen', I don't mean to discredit that. My logic is simply that I don't have the brain energy to constantly think of should I bring it, where am I going from there....I just find it easier to consider it part of getting dressed. If I can legally have it on me and I'm not in the shower it is on me. It is simply one less thing to constantly have to keep track of. Being around the house usually leads to remembering an errand I need to go on and I'm thinking of the errand not "I should bring my gun".

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Suspect in custody. One of our very own forum members assisted in his apprehension. I'll let him out himself if he chooses.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was it a LEO or non-LEO? What made them think this was the suspect? I ask because I never think the person looks like the picture.

Top Bottom