• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just go fill up your car. That oughta wipe it out.

One caveat you do need to be careful using some of these directly at the pump (not a problem with the card itself), but some gas stations payment systems when used at the pump will seek to put a large hold (sometimes $75 or $100) on these types of cards and if there is not that much money on the card it can cause an issue. Again, that is not the fault of the card but just the way some gas stations authorize the card in advance. You may want to walk in (like you are paying in advance with cash).

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    One caveat you do need to be careful using some of these directly at the pump (not a problem with the card itself), but some gas stations payment systems when used at the pump will seek to put a large hold (sometimes $75 or $100) on these types of cards and if there is not that much money on the card it can cause an issue. Again, that is not the fault of the card but just the way some gas stations authorize the card in advance. You may want to walk in (like you are paying in advance with cash).

Whoa whoa whoa, slow down now chief youre asking way too much. You want this guy to walk into the gas station...on his own two legs?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Good point. Sort of unrelated but the gas station closest to my house does not require prepayment. Just fill the car up head into the store, then use the card and pay for any overage or leave a credit on the card for the underage for next time.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    OP, sorry you got caught up in this obvious attempt to lighten and then partially reload your billfold. I'd use the card at Menards and get their 11% rebate thereby adding to your windfall. Oops, the Menard rebate is not only NOT CASH EITHER but is only good at their store. Life is a feces sandwich and every day is another bite.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I actually like the card.

You needed to get couple Uber rides back in February in Chicago . I’ve heard people getting double charged fares to their credit card after using Uber.

I registered my uber account with the gift card knowing if they did over/double charge me while I’m out of the country, it won’t be a big deal.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    OP, sorry you got caught up in this obvious attempt to lighten and then partially reload your billfold. I'd use the card at Menards and get their 11% rebate thereby adding to your windfall. Oops, the Menard rebate is not only NOT CASH EITHER but is only good at their store.

Menard's is honest about what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with that. I also generally choose not to participate (or shop at Menard's) because the "sale price" they advertise isn't real.

Vista Outdoors was deceptive about their rebate. Had they been honest about the process, I would have chosen not to participate and would have purchased a different product.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    At the Chicago Auto show the past 2 years we did several test drives to get a prepaid card. Ended up getting $150 so far for a few minutes out of our day. Got another 50 prepaid coming in the next few weeks for going back to cable. When I buy Pirelli tires that's another rebate card.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Menard's is honest about what they are doing, so I don't have a problem with that. I also generally choose not to participate (or shop at Menard's) because the "sale price" they advertise isn't real.

Vista Outdoors was deceptive about their rebate. Had they been honest about the process, I would have chosen not to participate and would have purchased a different product.

How can Menards be honest if they lie about their sales price?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    How can Menards be honest if they lie about their sales price?

They are straightforward that their rebate is a card for store credit. It's posted plainly everywhere that Menard's advertises their rebates.

I don't care what the rules are for the rebate; I only care that, in this instance with Vista, the rules for the rebate are different than what was indicated in advertising.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Seems to be a lot more people these days who think the world should work the way they think it should, rather than the way it does. Maybe something’s being put in the water!

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    They are straightforward that their rebate is a card for store credit. It's posted plainly everywhere that Menard's advertises their rebates.

I don't care what the rules are for the rebate; I only care that, in this instance with Vista, the rules for the rebate are different than what was indicated in advertising.

Did Vista advertise that the rebate would be in any particular form (cash, check, credit card, etc)?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Seems to be a lot more people these days who think the world should work the way they think it should, rather than the way it does. Maybe something’s being put in the water! 

Just read the whole thread and came to the same conclusion. It truly is amazing what we as a people can find to complain about but I guess when you don't have to worry about a bunch of guys from the next town over breaking in your front door and cutting off your arms with machete's or don't have to get up 5 hours early to start the trek to the water hole or many of the other daily routines of millions of people in the world I can see how the inconvenience of a rebate card could put me off my triple mocha whip cream soy light foam douche water coffee. :laugh:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Seems to be a lot more people these days who think the world should work the way they think it should, rather than the way it does. Maybe something’s being put in the water! 

Just read the whole thread and came to the same conclusion. It truly is amazing what we as a people can find to complain about but I guess when you don't have to worry about a bunch of guys from the next town over breaking in your front door and cutting off your arms with machete's or don't have to get up 5 hours early to start the trek to the water hole or many of the other daily routines of millions of people in the world I can see how the inconvenience of a rebate card could put me off my triple mocha whip cream soy light foam douche water coffee. :laugh:

Spot on; this certainly falls within the realm of "first world problems."

And they are putting something in the water... FLUORIDE! It's part of a commie plot to steal our precious bodily fluids! :):

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... If you use Amazon, use the Vista balance to buy yourself a gift card balance in your Amazon account...

Thanks. My prepaid Vista card was giving me fits trying to use the small remaining balance. It (or me) failed at Walmart and a gas station but I was able to use it to buy a gift card on Amazon.

I will use this method with several more Vista cards I have coming...very convenient.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You're more than welcome to post about your annoyances but put it in the break room as this has nothing directly to do with firearms.

What most people are egging you on about is you posted about an annoyance as though it's the end of the world. There aren't many but there are places that don't take cash. There are still places that don't take any cards. on your basis of universal acceptance, I guess you won't get anything back. They specified the units (USD) but not the means and you did not check. You assumed and turned out to be wrong. They still gave you monetary value back even if it wasn't your preferred method. Just the other day I went to a place for lunch that was cash-only. I didn't make a big hullabaloo out of my evil employer paying me electronically or my bank holding it as a number in a database... I just handed the cashier their preferred mode of payment. Today I had lunch where it was fast and convenient to pay by CC and I did so. If you want to post about an annoyance, fine do so and present it that way. I b**** to buddies about annoyances all the time, they do it back, we all laugh. If that's what you meant to do here, remember that tone and inflection doesn't come over well in text.

If you really are serious and you think some breach of contract occurred, go do something about it and sue them to convert the card into cash. good luck convincing the mediator the MC isn't monetary value.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What most people are egging you on about is you posted about an annoyance as though it's the end of the world.

Is this a dealbreaker to where I am going to boycott all Vista products? No, probably not. First world problem? Yeah, definitely. But I think less of them now

If you really are serious and you think some breach of contract occurred, go do something about it and sue them to convert the card into cash. good luck convincing the mediator the MC isn't monetary value.

That's why I posted about an annoyance with friends online rather than talking to a lawyer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom