• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Spend it on groceries and other essentials ASAP and move on with life. You've effectively converted it to cash and then you can keep your unmentionables in their preferred locations.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    US funds doesn't imply payment type, just funds that can be used in the US.

If you are able to use the card in the states, then they delivered as advertised.

"Payable in U.S. funds" indicates that you will be able to turn the payment into U.S. funds. You expressly cannot do that with a prepaid Mastercard debit card like what they supplied. They are similar things; they are not identical things.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    "Payable in U.S. funds" indicates that you will be able to turn the payment into U.S. funds. You expressly cannot do that with a prepaid Mastercard debit card like what they supplied. They are similar things; they are not identical things.

I'm impressed with your ability to perform such incredibly convoluted mental gymnastics to arrive at such a conclusion.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Chose not to read the entire thread.
    The way I see it, they have two choices, a check or a pre paid card.
    Most people including me are okay with a pre paid card that can be used just about everywhere.
    I somehow do not think you will forget to use it and let it expire, with a thread 7 pages deep and all the posts, not likely you will forget to use it.

It can even be used on your next on-line purchase of bulk ammo.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It can even be used on your next on-line purchase of bulk ammo.

No, it cannot. I know of no online ammo merchant who accepts split payments.

And 7 pages? Everyone should adjust their settings to show the maximum number of posts per page. I'm only on page 2.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Everyone should adjust their settings to show the maximum number of posts per page. I'm only on page 2.

Just reading that, explained a lot...

That said, my own practical advice/method for using one of these cards (assuming it is for a relatively small amount and not the max amount of the rebate), is to use it all in one shot, for an expenditure which will be more than the amount on the card, for something you know you will not be returning, and in person... i.e. groceries, gas (with the previously mentioned caveats), toward a firearm, etc. Not necessarily because of any limitations to the card, but more for the aspect of ease of use and not needing to worry about someone wanting to process a return against it, an order getting cancelled, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

For my purposes that is pretty much cash (not going to argue semantics on cash equivalency). If that doesn't work for you, well figure out your own usage. In my case it is worth the time to complete the rebate to be able to use the rebated amount that came on the card.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, it cannot. I know of no online ammo merchant who accepts split payments.

And 7 pages? Everyone should adjust their settings to show the maximum number of posts per page. I'm only on page 2.

Everytime I see someone say this I'm reminded of an old joke.

Guy walks into a pizza joint and orders a small pizza. Shop owner asks, "Would you like that cut into 6 slices or 8 slices?" Customer says, "Better just cut it into 6. I don't think I could eat 8 slices."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. I put the :popcorn: up thread to announce the thread was being watched. Did not seem to make any difference so outside of handing out participation awards we will just call this one done.

"DONE"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom