• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    UPDATE: Just got the word that he got on. His episode will be airing May 28th @ 9P on the History Channel it will be a military veterans episode. Jon Nagel.

I kinda like his stuff!. not very pretty, but functional! something i'd use on a daily basis and not worry about messing up the pretty parts (handle or blade finish)

looking forward to watching this episode

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I kinda like his stuff!. not very pretty, but functional! something i'd use on a daily basis and not worry about messing up the pretty parts (handle or blade finish)

looking forward to watching this episode

Yeah, he's getting there. But he's certainly put in the time to learn the craft.

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Happy to hear we’ll have a local maker on the show. Heck, I’m happy to hear we have a local ‘smith! I may have to look him up for a knife after a bit.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I love that show but haven't watch the recent episodes. I have all on DVR though.

I started watching a couple years ago then during last year's work trip to Alaska stopped into a little knife store. To my surprise, I found out that the owner was going to be on one of the episodes. Paul Walsh Knives, Sterling Alaska. I bought one of his cable / saw mill blade Damascus knives with a stabilized burl wood handle. I'm afraid to take it out of the safe! :nailbite:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love that show but haven't watch the recent episodes. I have all on DVR though.

I started watching a couple years ago then during last year's work trip to Alaska stopped into a little knife store. To my surprise, I found out that the owner was going to be on one of the episodes. Paul Walsh Knives, Sterling Alaska. I bought one of his cable / saw mill blade Damascus knives with a stabilized burl wood handle. I'm afraid to take it out of the safe! :nailbite:

Man! That's like leaving GI JOE in his box and never freeing him from that cardboard prison to play. It's just wrong.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    UPDATE: Just got the word that he got on. His episode will be airing May 28th @ 9P on the History Channel it will be a military veterans episode. Jon Nagel.

One of my best friends is going to be on the same episode! Perry Johnson from Georgetown down here in southern Indiana. Ex-Ranger Medic and friend of mine from the 1980's.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would really love to get into this forging and blade making stuff. I watch the show all the time, and am amazed at how some of these people make beautiful blades, but have you priced a decent size and quality anvil? I mean damn! :n00b:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Dad learned basic blacksmithing in the 70's to make door hardware for a log building he had built. I have his small coal fired forge and full sized anvil but have never learned how to use them as I had always intended.

Back when I made knives I only used the stock removal (belt sander) method.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would really love to get into this forging and blade making stuff. I watch the show all the time, and am amazed at how some of these people make beautiful blades, but have you priced a decent size and quality anvil? I mean damn! :n00b:

Are you looking for new or used?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Well at least an Indiana guy won! Sucks that Perry went out on a stretcher but he is okay now. The heat got to him, combined with a blood pressure spike and he couldn't stay on his feet.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    kut tell your friend congrats! it was a hard fight but he pulled it out! made a damn nice cutlass!

my biggest question is since they give him the steel to make the first blade, and they have to surrender it when they leave, do they get to keep the blade they made for the final showdown? since the smith supplies everything

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My questions are simple and shouldn't violate NDA.

1. How long is day one? I know there's three hours per round, but how long between rounds?
    2. Are you limited to certain types of steel or can you use any steel that can be hardened?

Top Bottom