• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The smart money is on J. Nielson for the win.

i'd give the odds to ben abbot, that little sum***** can forge a knife! and in 6 hours no less, we've yet to see nielson do that!

now, give them a week or two, and I cant say who'd win, but in 6 hours, I really think ben would take jay to the woodshed!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    i'd give the odds to ben abbot, that little sum***** can forge a knife! and in 6 hours no less, we've yet to see nielson do that!

now, give them a week or two, and I cant say who'd win, but in 6 hours, I really think ben would take jay to the woodshed!

Ben is not in it since he's already won . . . twice!

One thing we know about J. is that he's unlikely to make some of the mistakes that some otherwise badass smiths have made that cost a lot of time to fix. You can tell by his commentary when the people are going down a bad path that he would not be doing the same.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ben is not in it since he's already won . . . twice!

One thing we know about J. is that he's unlikely to make some of the mistakes that some otherwise badass smiths have made that cost a lot of time to fix. You can tell by his commentary when the people are going down a bad path that he would not be doing the same.

yes, he sits in a chair for 6 hours watching people, he has the time to analyze the mistakes BUT if he were put in crisis mode, how many mistakes could be pointed out about him?

I arm chair quarterback people making mistakes in shooting matches all the time...then end up doing exactly the same things myself!, I cant say how many times I said to myself, why did you do that! you know better!

I say we start a change.org petition to force the forged in fire producers to make a "judges show!" to settle this discussion once and for all!!!!!

ok if ben abbots out, who's in who do you think the 4th smith should be? (oh and I bet david baker is the first eliminated!)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Didn't think this was worth starting a new thread so thought I'd post it here. Watching Mountain Men and this guy in the Ozarks has built his own smelter... Mined his own iron ore, and is going to make his own steel to make his knives (which is part of his income). I know what everybody says about "reality" shows, but damn... that seems badass to me...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well crap. His homemade smelter had to be completely destroyed to get out his "iron bloom" and it was full of impurities (like charred wood). Now he has to rebuild a new smelter and presumably mine some more iron ore. I dunno... I think I'll stick with Amazon (or Brad's Knives! :ingo:) I don't have that much ambition.

Top Bottom