• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Is it just me, or what the Hell is the Governor doing saying this guy was shot, in part because he was black. How does he know? Was he there? This kind of thing is very irresponsible. How about we wait for an investigation. Quit pandering to the worst elements of society, that is, the race baiters.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I watched the video just now for the first time. What struck me as odd is the demeanor of the woman in the car after the shooting. I can practically guarantee that if I had just been shot four times and was lying there, apparently lifeless, my wife in that situation would be nothing less than hysterical.

I realize different people act in different ways to the same scenario - shock, disbelief, amazement, incredulity, etc. I am simply amazed at how calm she seems to be after the shooting.

Hopefully a rational unbiased investigation will follow as expeditiously as possible. I do agree with the comment that the Governor should shut his trap until after the investigation is over. It serves him not to imply a sworn officer is guilty prior to all the facts being obtained. IMO the governor could have expressed his condolescences to the officer, the victim, and both families of the participants and then stated he would ensure an unbiased investigation would be conducted. Instead he apparently chose to throw the officer under the bus.

I also just watched Obama ( President Obama if you insist ) on tv speaking about the event. My impression was that he was lecturing the audience (me) like he would one of his children. He stated that it is undeniable that our "nation's history" requires that we acknowledge the underlying premise ( my word ) that remains in this country to this day. I took that as being chastised because of slave ownership 150 years ago and the continuing undercurrent of rascism present in today's society. Nothing was said about the tragedy that has now affected so many different individuals - but a lot was said, and implied, about the racial strife ( real and imagined ) remaining in the United States.

Perhaps I'm too skeptical, but I don't think we'll ever make any forward strides in overcoming the base issues until there is less focus on rhetoric and more actual conversation toward workable solutions.

Lastly, the Progressive Radio channel talk show I listened this p.m. managed to offer the premise that the whole incident was the fault of the NRA for encouraging people to carry a gun for protection. The host stated the "theory" of carrying a firearm for self defense failed because of how the incident played out. Never mind that most peope don't expect to get shot during a routine traffic stop so they most likely aren't thinking self defense mode.

End of rant.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I watched the video just now for the first time. What struck me as odd is the demeanor of the woman in the car after the shooting. I can practically guarantee that if I had just been shot four times and was lying there, apparently lifeless, my wife in that situation would be nothing less than hysterical.

This struck me as odd too. She seemed so "as a matter of fact"-ly.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm confused. The level of pure ignorance bordering on insanity mixed with startling stupidity in this thread doesn't jive with the thread on who "would you vote for right now?". There are clearly more than 4 supporters of the left wing, bat **** crazy lunacy that is the Hillary Clinton - progressive - social justice warrior movement. Some of ya'll need to go vote in that thread.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The SAF has issued a statement of concern. Wonder when we'll hear from the vaunted NRA, now that an innocent gun owner has been killed? Frankly, I'll be surprised if they issue a peep.

"Wednesday night's shooting of Philando Castile is very troubling, especially to the firearms community, because he was a legally-armed private citizen who may have done nothing more than reach for his identification and carry permit," said Alan Gottlieb, the group's founder, in a press release. "We have received calls of alarm today from many of our members across the country. They are justifiably concerned that a law-abiding citizen may have been wrongfully killed."

"America's 13 million citizens who are licensed to carry deserve to know exactly what happened and why," Gottlieb stated. "There are conflicting explanations, and only an independent investigation can hopefully reveal the truth.

"We understand that Gov. Mark Dayton has asked the White House for a federal investigation," he added, "and we believe that either the Minnesota State Patrol, or an agency of equal stature from another state could also be invited to investigate.

"We are cognizant of the racial overtones arising from Mr. Castile's death," Gottlieb noted. "The concerns of our members, and honest gun owners everywhere, go even deeper. Exercising our right to bear arms should not translate to a death sentence over something so trivial as a traffic stop for a broken tail light, and we are going to watch this case with a magnifying glass."

Second Amendment Foundation Calls for Independent Investigation of Philando Castile's Death - Hit & Run : Reason.com

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The SAF has issued a statement of concern. Wonder when we'll hear from the vaunted NRA, now that an innocent gun owner has been killed? Frankly, I'll be surprised if they issue a peep.

Second Amendment Foundation Calls for Independent Investigation of Philando Castile's Death - Hit & Run : Reason.com

I'm not sure what good this does. I'm not sure the fact either the NRA hasn't issued a statement or nobody's posted it yet means anything other than maybe they're waiting for the investigators to do their jobs.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I wonder why nobody is shooting Asians? Do whatever they're not doing I guess.

Based on my minimal experience, Asians work real ****ing hard at work all day, go home, while kids are doing their homework (the kids who are getting straight A's) yell at them that they are not working hard enough at school, do housework while the kids practice piano/cello/woodwinds go to bed for 3.45 hours, get up, repeat.

I do not know many Asians as I am a hillbilly, but I have two families of Asians that I consider to be good friends and that is exactly how it goes down at their houses when I am there.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I think the NRA would do well to make a statement instructing gun carriers how to best handle getting pulled over while carrying. I often wish that police departments would issue statements specifically describing how they want carriers to handle being pulled over, but to be honest, I figure their lawyers would not let them to that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Two officers shot, damn. I wonder if it what distance, and if elevated? Probably someone with somewhat of a familiarity with firearms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm confused. The level of pure ignorance bordering on insanity mixed with startling stupidity in this thread doesn't jive with the thread on who "would you vote for right now?". There are clearly more than 4 supporters of the left wing, bat **** crazy lunacy that is the Hillary Clinton - progressive - social justice warrior movement. Some of ya'll need to go vote in that thread.

Now in fairness, I thought someone said they accidentally clicked Hillary. So if my memory isn't faulty that would be only 3. Still astonishing on a gun forum to vote for a person who promised to get gun control done.

Two officers shot, damn. I wonder if it what distance, and if elevated? Probably someone with somewhat of a familiarity with firearms.

I was watching the Dallas Fox affiliate newsfeed for awhile. Last I saw they seemed to be focused on a parking garage near a bank. An officer said they thought there was a man with a rifle. Not sure if they believe he's the one who shot the cops or if that's just another thing they have going on.

Top Bottom