• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Well after reading another account of this story it doesn't seem like a typical road rage incident. The father of the little girl never mentions any incident on the road with this guy and when the truck pulls into the drive way the father gets out to ask him why he's there and the guy shoots him through his door. He said he looked at him with a deranged look like he was high on something. His pupils were dilated. He is described as a Hispanic man between 30-40 years old. Seems like usatoday omitted a few detail so a conclusion could be made that it was an angry white male. Maybe I'm reading too much into it since the original post immediately said road rage.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    After having a saw off shotgun pulled on me in the 80’s during a road rage incident I consider each one a likely deadly encounter.
    I also have stable of fast cars which seems to incite road rage in some people just by image of the car.
    Some of the road rage shootings are horrible and some are gang “hits” and should be treated accordingly.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    An arrest, just saw it on the news.
    20 year old Hispanic that tried to alter the look of the vehicle instead of turning himself in after murdering a child.

And yes, it was road rage according to police the shooter said the family 'cut him off'.

So much for making excuses for the shooter...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Oh, he was dissed?

i has a guy fly by me and pass on double yellow. I honked. Next light he got out of his car and ran back at me. I had two kids in the car and my gun covered by my seat belt. Also on blood thinners at the time. Was a bit unnerving. Fortunately he stopped 20’ away and yelled then ran back to his car. Weird guy. I had my belt off and was read to draw. Could not move the car due to traffic.

let idiots be idiots and stay away

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A few years back I honked at a guy that cut me off, no big deal just a beep to let him know I didn't appreciate it. He proceeded to brake check a couple of times, whatever no big deal. I head to a store to do some shopping and when I came out I see what appears to be the same truck sitting a few aisles over. So I keep an eye on it as I leave the parking lot and sure enough he starts to follow. I took a long way heading back home where he followed every step of the way. Sometimes he was a couple of cars back or would take a parallel street trying not to be noticed. So I just started to drive around randomly for a half hour and he kept following. I finally had enough and drove to the police station(didn't have a cell phone). When I pulled into the station he finally drove off. It takes a special kind of dumb to be mad enough over a little beep to waste more than an hour of you time waiting and following someone. I have no doubt there would would've been some kind a confrontation or retaliation if I went home.

They tend not to want to go to police stations.
    Though, be careful. Stuff can still happen.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In Louisville, getting from west bound I-64 to north bound I-65 involves jumping several lanes in a relatively short distance. If someone else is going the other way it can be bad. Over 20 years ago, with my wife and two kids in the car (kids are adults now, they were kids in 98) me and a guy in a pick-up ended up in the run-off area because we were both trying to cross the lanes at once.

He's in front of me, gets out and starts yelling, walking towards our car. I missed the seat-belt latch the first try, second try I came out of the car. I think the guy thought my two tries to unbuckle the seat belt was me unholstering a handgun, because by the time I stood up outside the car he was back in the truck and getting the hell out of there.

I was a lot younger 20 years ago and the world was a very different place.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In Louisville, getting from west bound I-64 to north bound I-65 involves jumping several lanes in a relatively short distance. If someone else is going the other way it can be bad. Over 20 years ago, with my wife and two kids in the car (kids are adults now, they were kids in 98) me and a guy in a pick-up ended up in the run-off area because we were both trying to cross the lanes at once.

He's in front of me, gets out and starts yelling, walking towards our car. I missed the seat-belt latch the first try, second try I came out of the car. I think the guy thought my two tries to unbuckle the seat belt was me unholstering a handgun, because by the time I stood up outside the car he was back in the truck and getting the hell out of there.

I was a lot younger 20 years ago and the world was a very different place.

I hate that area. It can be insane at times.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We live in crazy times and drive among crazy people. I try to always leave other drivers room to do the stupidest thing possible. My horn is not a weapon and only gets used to alert the dim bulb ahead of me that the traffic light has turned green and he/she might want put down the phone and proceed through the intersection. I'm very seldom in a hurry to get anywhere so, if you find yourself behind me, I hope you're not in a hurry either. If you're drafting me, I'll get out of your way as soon as I can. In the meantime, sorry about your luck. You shoulda' left for work 10 minutes earlier. Flipping me off only makes me laugh at your ignorance so save your energy. You may do something that pisses me off but retaliation is not on my agenda. Road rage is reserved for idiots.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Oh, he was dissed?

By that I'm assuming you mean 'Disrespected' or 'Insulted'....?

For an insult to have any meaning, I must first have respect for the insulters opinion or viewpoint.
    When someone does something remarkably stupid, I don't have any respect for them, so no insulation they might try to inflict on me doesn't work.

Common respect comes from paying attention to what's going on around you, and it's obvious that people aren't paying attention, so insult not accepted, it's as meaningless as a cloud passing over on a sunny day...
    YOU have to react to their stupidity for it to mean anything at all other than getting your following distance back...
    It's YOUR choice to get upset, they are just morons being morons... It's their natural state and you aren't going to change it...

Let's also consider how people DO NOT pay attention...
    I see a vehicle in zipper merge traffic all the time that refuse to let the ending lane traffic merge, either blocking them intentionally or by lack of attention.
    The blocking vehicle is breaking the law, not the person trying to merge...
    Who is the moron in this situation?

The slow poke in the left lanes is another example,
    The RIGHT lane is the travel lane, the left lane(s) are passing lanes, and yet people plug up the left lane all the time NOT making the pass and getting back into the right lane.
    Who are the morons in that case?

It's just bad manners (not to mention dangerous) to NOT know & follow the rules of the road, but undereducated & distracted people are a fact of life.
    You aren't going to fix 'Stupid' by blowing horns & cutting people off, and until the US gets tougher laws it's going to continue to get worse.
    YOU control what YOU do, if YOU choose to get bent, and act a moron, no one can tell the difference between you and the moron that started it...

When you SHUT UP, SIT UP, Put the phone DOWN, and pay attention, you will be amazed how many of the 'Problems' you anticipate and don't actually have to deal with simply because you avoid them...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Having been followed home more than once by a road rager I can see this. Me a while back and more recently the spouse and daughter. My deal was some nut driving crazy and wanting to cut me off for the 3rd time in a mile or so and I had had enough so I just kept the hole closed. Pi$$ed him off enough he followed me for a few miles until I pulled in the driveway. It was an interesting encounter.

The spouse was coming home from the store and my daughter was driving. They called to say they were close so I could help unload the grocery's. I was watching the surveillance cameras and when they pulled in there was a car behind them. I made the driveway pretty fast and deterred some nut job ranting he was cut off.
    Seems the woman had no idea what he was on about. He was sent packing. With a quickness.

Point here is people have in general lost their freaking minds.

Did you at least offer him cheeseburgers?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    By that I'm assuming you mean 'Disrespected' or 'Insulted'....?

For an insult to have any meaning, I must first have respect for the insulters opinion or viewpoint.
    When someone does something remarkably stupid, I don't have any respect for them, so no insulation they might try to inflict on me doesn't work.

Common respect comes from paying attention to what's going on around you, and it's obvious that people aren't paying attention, so insult not accepted, it's as meaningless as a cloud passing over on a sunny day...
    YOU have to react to their stupidity for it to mean anything at all other than getting your following distance back...
    It's YOUR choice to get upset, they are just morons being morons... It's their natural state and you aren't going to change it...

Let's also consider how people DO NOT pay attention...
    I see a vehicle in zipper merge traffic all the time that refuse to let the ending lane traffic merge, either blocking them intentionally or by lack of attention.

The slow poke in the left lanes is another example,
    The RIGHT lane is the travel lane, the left lane(s) are passing lanes, and yet people plug up the left lane all the time NOT making the pass and getting back into the right lane.

It's just bad manners (not to mention dangerous) to NOT know & follow the rules of the road, but undereducated & distracted people are a fact of life.
    You aren't going to fix 'Stupid' by blowing horns & cutting people off, and until the US gets tougher laws it's going to continue to get worse.
    YOU control what YOU do, if YOU choose to get bent, and act a moron, no one can tell the difference between you and the moron that started it...

When you SHUT UP, SIT UP, Put the phone DOWN, and pay attention, you will be amazed how many of the 'Problems' you anticipate and don't actually have to deal with simply because you avoid them...

The center lane is my travel lane. I reserve the right lane for people getting on and off the ramps. There's too much breaking in the right lane. I can usually set my cruise and drive the 20 miles to work stress free.

Also I never let myself get drawn into someone's road rage. Karma will get them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    THANK YOU!

The best, most efficient way to merge lanes is late merging and "zippering". It makes no good sense to leave two miles of usable road left empty before the construction.
    [video=youtube;wvdNCDVmRPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvdNCDVmRPo[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The center lane is my travel lane. I reserve the right lane for people getting on and off the ramps. There's too much breaking in the right lane. I can usually set my cruise and drive the 20 miles to work stress free....

If there are 3 or more lanes, sure. If only 2, right is for travel.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have only been involved in two serious road rage incidents. The first one involved me tapping my brake pedal a couple of times to let the kid behind me no he was following too closely. He went off like a stick of dynamite and followed me to the FedEx depot where I was shipping a package. He actually followed me inside and the Fed ex employees threatened to call the cops so he left.

The second one which happened about a year ago was far more serious. I was exiting 465 north at 38th St. on the west side of Indy and traffic was heavy. The driver if the car behind me accelerrated and tried to close the hole I needed to get off the highway. I was having none of that and he didn’t like it. He chased me all around Eagle Creek Parkway and Shore Terrace. He even accelerated past me and cut me off, stopping sideways in the roadway but fortunately leaving room for me to get around him every time. I got away from him for good by making some really crazy moves and getting back on 465 south because he couldn’t duplicate the crazy stuff I did to get on the ramp.

That day I seriously thought I was going to have to draw my handgun. I’m glad I didn’t have to.

Top Bottom