• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Exactly. If you are 1st or 2nd in line stay out of your G. D. phone. There are people behind you with places to be and things to do. It seems as though I am the one caught through a 2nd light cycle when 4 more should have made it.

Amen. Nothing worse than the lead car at the light being very late on the green and/or slow as molasses.

The root cause of this and of road rage is simple selfishness. Our era of technology where we get to control all kind of things in our world like when we watch a show, who we talk to, what news we'll listen to and so forth is turning us all into narcisstic little tyrants that think the outside world revolves around us like out inner world does.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Oh, and my CZ spends more time in my car than just about any other place, as frankly I feel like driving is the highest risk activity I do with any regularity.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sometimes they rage just to rage. I had an incident many moons ago on 465, mind you I try to maintain situational awareness even more so when driving. I was in the inside lane heading north by the airport and I noticed a car closing on me rapidly so I pulled over to let them go by. They slowed and dropped in behind me and proceeded to ride my ass so I pulled over to the outside lane to again get out of their way, they followed. I could see the driver and what had to be grandma both screaming and flipping me off when I honestly hadn't done anything. I'd speed up, slow down, change lanes it didn't matter they stayed right on my ass. Rather than have them follow me onto the city streets as I approached my exit I went all they way to the inside lane making sure no other traffic would be involved when I made my last second cut across the other two lanes to the ramp. It worked as they were unable to follow.

I'm sure they were REALLY pissed when the hand full of loose change I lobbed out thru the sunroof just as I exited impacted that shiny red Monte Carlo!:rockwoot:

And I know somebody is thinking "he MUST have done something to set them off". No I had never seen them before until I saw them closing on me fast 100 yards behind me and this was a fairly light traffic day.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The future:

How do I express my rage when the offending car is being driven by an autonomous computer?

How does an autonomous vehicle express its rage when I cut them off?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Amen. Nothing worse than the lead car at the light being very late on the green and/or slow as molasses.

I hate when people in the lead car are seemingly paying attention to anything except the light but there is one thing that I think is even worse, the person about mid line at the light who decides to not to go on green in order to let someone either make a left in front of them or cross traffic in front of them. I've seen this several times lately and it makes absolutely no sense. Sure, if the light is red or turning red, stop short and let the person through as a matter or courtesy. Doing so on a green light unnecessarily holds up those behind you and puts the person turning at risk because they usually can't see moving traffic in the turn lane or oncoming lanes on the other side.

People that slam on their brakes at the front of a long line of traffic when they see ducks or geese along side the road are also high on the list f'ing stupid drivers. They won't risk possibly hitting one, mind you the ducks and geese are normally smart enough to move or stay out of the way, but they'll risk a multi-car pile up. Then they usually set and watch the birds instead of easing forward.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    People should not disregard laws and proper driving to be "nice". When you are being "nice" letting someone cross in front of you when they shouldn't, you are pissing off several other people around you not to mention creating a possibility of an accident.

I also have an issue with the now universally accepted practice of while driving on the interstate we move into the left land when someone is merging onto the interstate. I do that but that is not the way it should properly be done. The vehicle merging should adjust their speed to either get out in front or drop in behind the cars that are traveling on the interstate. Moving into the left lane may be "nice" to the merging vehicle but is again can create the components for an accident and even putting the person who moves into the left lane into an illegal situation.:twocents:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    People should not disregard laws and proper driving to be "nice". When you are being "nice" letting someone cross in front of you when they shouldn't, you are pissing off several other people around you not to mention creating a possibility of an accident.

I also have an issue with the now universally accepted practice of while driving on the interstate we move into the left land when someone is merging onto the interstate. I do that but that is not the way it should properly be done. The vehicle merging should adjust their speed to either get out in front or drop in behind the cars that are traveling on the interstate. Moving into the left lane may be "nice" to the merging vehicle but is again can create the components for an accident and even putting the person who moves into the left lane into an illegal situation.:twocents:

Don't get me started on collector/feeder ramps. I'd like to meet the mental midget that thought intentionally putting cars that are slowing down into the same lane as cars that are speeding up was a good idea. :nuts:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Don't get me started on collector/feeder ramps. I'd like to meet the mental midget that thought intentionally putting cars that are slowing down into the same lane as cars that are speeding up was a good idea. :nuts:

Just be glad we have ramps where you can get up to speed (should you be observant and considerate enough to do so, unlike all too many drivers). Some places in TX you are either on the interstate or off of it with no zone in between. And Denver has stop lights on the ramps that stops and bunches up the merging traffic:ugh:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    If someone is following you, DO NOT GO HOME. Call 911, go to a public place, a police station if possible. Whatever you do, do not go home.

I thought someone was following me, they were a little close for too long, so I held my gun in my lap and took a couple random turns. The car was not following me, but I sure as hell wasn't going to lead him to my house, on the chance he might be.

Pay attention, it's better to be overly cautious than end up in a situation like this. There are too many people out there that are on the edge of becoming unhinged, and will not hesitate to murder you for the pettiest of reasons.

An officer friend of ours told us to make three lefts if you feel you are being followed. If they keep behind you then call the cops. My wife did that just a couple weeks ago. She then pulled into a post office and the jackwagon stopped down the street. That is where the officer found him and had a nice talk.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    An officer friend of ours told us to make three lefts if you feel you are being followed. If they keep behind you then call the cops. My wife did that just a couple weeks ago. She then pulled into a post office and the jackwagon stopped down the street. That is where the officer found him and had a nice talk.

And... ?

What was the story?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Having been followed home more than once by a road rager I can see this. Me a while back and more recently the spouse and daughter. My deal was some nut driving crazy and wanting to cut me off for the 3rd time in a mile or so and I had had enough so I just kept the hole closed. Pi$$ed him off enough he followed me for a few miles until I pulled in the driveway. It was an interesting encounter.

The spouse was coming home from the store and my daughter was driving. They called to say they were close so I could help unload the grocery's. I was watching the surveillance cameras and when they pulled in there was a car behind them. I made the driveway pretty fast and deterred some nut job ranting he was cut off.
    Seems the woman had no idea what he was on about. He was sent packing. With a quickness.

Point here is people have in general lost their freaking minds.

I've not had such close encounters, but your conclusion is spot on.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    What I see is a bunch of self important people NOT cooperating as a group, which is required for traffic to work.
    Some don't know the rules (ignorant), some don't follow the rules even though they know them (stupid), in a perfect world neither group would have a licence until they figured out & corrected the issues.

I also see a bunch of self entitled, spoiled brats that think everyone everything is being done to THEM PERSONALLY, as an insult, a provocation
    Then YOU loose your mind trying to 'Punish' the offender.

Idiots will be idiots, it's a fact of life.
    A tree doesn't fall on the road just to hold YOU up in traffic, an idiot doesn't stop in an active traffic lane just to hold YOU SPECIFICALLY up on your way to do whatever...

It's a pain in the butt, no doubt, but the idiot that doesn't know how to use a mirror doesn't know you are there, or doesn't care if it's YOU or anyone else.
    Taking it as a personal insult doesn't make sense. Thinking you were 'Dissed' and acting a fool yourself doesn't improve YOUR situation, but you do it anyway...
    It's not YOUR place to try and correct their idiot ways (unless you happen to be a traffic enforcement officer), which YOU probably are not...

Take YOUR ego out of it, defuse the situation and make the best of your day...
    You have ZERO moral ground to beef with the idiot when you are being just as much of a jerk!
    When a fool & a wise man argue, onlookers can't tell the difference, and it's YOUR panties that get bunched up.

Road Rage is entirely an ego driven thing, no one else cares other than to avoid TWO idiots now instead of one...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    On the other side of this deal,
    I'm POSITIVE we won't get cut off, brake checked or tail gated this weekend...

No one screws with a Jeep with a mounted belt fed .30 cal followed by a gun truck with mounted dual .50 BMGs even though the Jeep will only do 50 MPH top end...

It's the Knob Creek shoot this weekend...
    I will consume large quantities of heavy caliber ammunition and I will enjoy!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Road Rage is entirely an ego driven thing, no one else cares other than to avoid TWO idiots now instead of one...

Interesting.

I see your response from a few different angles.
    Yes I get seriously pissed off when people do stupid things and endanger me and mine. EGO has zero to do with this.

Not sure if I should be "Dissed" by your preaching or just improve my situation and pay you no heed.

As to Knob Creek...........enjoy.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    It's entirely YOUR choice if you get 'MAD' or not, or you realize a potential dangerous situation and defuse it.
    Danger is real, and that's why you practice your skill set & retain control when others don't.
    Fear/Rage are choices, they are made up entirely by you and don't exist outside your head.
    That Fear/Rage is your ego taking over despite your training and common sense...

WAY too may CHOOSE to get 'MAD' and further aggravate the situation...
    It's called 'Aggressive Driving' for a reason, YOU have to choose to get aggressive.
    Keep in mind the entire sum of serious skills training for traffic driving is DEFENSIVE DRIVING.
    You just throw all common sense, skills you practiced & earned, not to mention crossing the line of what's legal & what's illegal, right out the window...

I don't know if it's an adrenaline shot (the other guy scared you) when something idiotic happens,
    Or if it's some sense of insult ('Dissed') that triggers any given person to do something so stupid as road rage, and it really doesn't matter,
    The fact of the matter is, there is one or more road ragers everyone else on the highway has to deal with,
    YOU got triggered and simply made the situation worse...

For someone to have an insult that actually means anything, I have to respect the opinion of the person trying to make the insult.
    Read that again, for an insult to mean anything... I have to respect the opinion of the person making the insult.

If an expert in any given field, someone with an education in, and vast experience with a particular subject tells me I'm wrong about something,
    Then HE is probably correct, and I ask for corrections to what I *Thought* was correct.
    I don't loose my temper, I gain proper & correct knowledge on the subject from an actual expert that can explain where I went wrong from ground up.

I'm don't engage political, religious or sports conversations for a reason...
    99% of the political arguments are knee-jerk reactions (commonly from internet memes) and the person trying to force some view point across has never read the Constitution, doesn't know the history of the Constitutional Congress, can't define the different types of government, ect.
    I'm arguing with a fence post that has a political poster nailed to it... There is no two way conversation going on, it's an idea imprinted that becomes a 'Belief' and facts/history will bounce off them.

After all, they did get a chance at 13 free years of formal education and obviously didn't take advantage of it, and I'm not going to waste my time or energy on someone that didn't get the basics the first time around...

I just don't know a darn thing about sports, I just never got interested.
    I don't know anything to be FACT, so I simply keep my mouth shut.
    That's a lost art these days, but I did have 16 years of military training in that particular skill set...

I choose not to participate in their *Beliefs*, opting for what I know is correct & right, I simply negate the danger to me & mine and go on about my day without adding frustration that's counter productive.
    I get cut off, I simply add following distance and let the idiot go on their way.
    Someone tailgates, I simply reduce speed gradually without brake checking them.
    I don't want that idiot rear-ending me ruining my day, further inflaming the situation, etc.
    I have to slow down since I have to allow following distance for TWO vehicles now instead of just mine until I can pull over and let the idiot pass...
    And then I go on with my day as planned, no worse for wear.

Like I said, when you behave badly, there are TWO children/idiots behind the wheel instead of just one...
    I prefer to stay calm, get what I set out to do that day done with the least amount of frustration, I refuse to let an idiot take away my objective.
    These children/morons will have to find someone else to 'Play' with, I have grown-up things to do.
    I can only imagine these were the kids that put a bucket on their heads and ran I to trees repeatedly... And that pattern never changed.

I don't respect their actions, their abilities, or LACK of thought process, so it means nothing to me.
    I have the skills to avoid their stupidity, the alertness to anticipate and avoid their stupidity, and in under a minute they are someone else's problem. I win...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom