• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Take YOUR ego out of it, defuse the situation and make the best of your day...
    You have ZERO moral ground to beef with the idiot when you are being just as much of a jerk!
    When a fool & a wise man argue, onlookers can't tell the difference, and it's YOUR panties that get bunched up.

Road Rage is entirely an ego driven thing, no one else cares other than to avoid TWO idiots now instead of one...

Interesting.

I see your response from a few different angles.
    Yes I get seriously pissed off when people do stupid things and endanger me and mine. EGO has zero to do with this.

Not sure if I should be "Dissed" by your preaching or just improve my situation and pay you no heed.

As to Knob Creek...........enjoy.
    I agree, his response assumes that road rage/being angry with dumb drivers is binary. Personally I yell at idiots daily but once I yell at them I continue about my business without giving them another thought if they aren't causing me any safety issues. Very rarely do I ever take any action but sometimes I will get aggressive to ex-filtrate myself from the idiot driver's bad habits. I'm sure some would consider that road rage but I've never felt the need to follow anyone or try to "punish" them.

And while we're listing the bad habits of drivers I'll throw out one of my big pet peeves, traveling on an entrance to the interstate at 20 - 30 mph under the interstate speed and attempting to accelerate only after you've reached the interstate. This has the secondary impact of causing the drivers already on the interstate to merge left or right in avoidance of said fool.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    There is still hope: I ran into a car at a roundabout, and we handled it like gentlemen.

Good deal!

As a note about round-a-bouts, as of 1-July-2018 in Indiana, big trucks (DOT controlled) have right of way in round-a-bouts.
    It's a common sense thing, between vision restrictions, length of vehicle & offset between steering axles & trailer axles, the big truck needs the entire round-a-bout.
    It's illegal to crowd a big truck on the ramps or in the circle, the truck has right of way.

The local police took about 6 months to start enforcing this, but they are on it now and regularly writing tickets.
    Colliding with a big truck in a round-a-bout is 100% the 4 wheeler/private vehicle fault 100% of the time.
    My insurance company sends traffic law changes to me (and I assume every customer) since it's a form letter to inform me of the change and that colliding with a DOT vehicle would be 100% my fault.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good deal!

As a note about round-a-bouts, as of 1-July-2018 in Indiana, big trucks (DOT controlled) have right of way in round-a-bouts.
    It's a common sense thing, between vision restrictions, length of vehicle & offset between steering axles & trailer axles, the big truck needs the entire round-a-bout.
    It's illegal to crowd a big truck on the ramps or in the circle, the truck has right of way.

The local police took about 6 months to start enforcing this, but they are on it now and regularly writing tickets.
    Colliding with a big truck in a round-a-bout is 100% the 4 wheeler/private vehicle fault 100% of the time.
    My insurance company sends traffic law changes to me (and I assume every customer) since it's a form letter to inform me of the change and that colliding with a DOT vehicle would be 100% my fault.

Yeah, seems like common sense. In my neighborhood the roundabouts are two lanes; if you're a car, stay in your lane, I'll stay in mine. If you're a truck - I'll wait.

PS - anyone know a cheap frame shop (in Fort Wayne) that can pull a frame-welded bumper mount back true? :(

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    To put road rage more simply,
    YOU are not a police officer, it's not YOUR job to 'Punish' the offender.

You are not going to do something to the other person that's going to change anything, so it's simply stroking your ego to chase/attempt punishment of the other person.
    You are actually being part of the problem, and what you are doing is illegal also.

You don't 'Rise' to the occasion, you SINK to the level of your training.
    Your training was *Supposed* to be defuse & avoid a dangerous situation, so you are acting directly opposed to your training, letting your ego/emotions take over.
    You are sinking lower than your training since you are ignoring your training...

I don't know how to make it more simple than that, but if you don't see the point by now, then you are still defending a weak/bad situation to cover what you did that was wrong in the first place.
    This is why I call them 'Brats' since an adult would admit they let emotion take over and did something wrong/stupid and correct their behavior in the future...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Let's also consider how people DO NOT pay attention...
    I see a vehicle in zipper merge traffic all the time that refuse to let the ending lane traffic merge, either blocking them intentionally or by lack of attention.
    The blocking vehicle is breaking the law, not the person trying to merge...
    Who is the moron in this situation?

While zipper merging is lawful and even encouraged, can you please cite the law that makes it unlawful to not allow them to merge? Per the law it is on the person merging to do so in a safe manner.
    https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-9-motor-vehicles/in-code-sect-9-21-8-24.html
    Sec. 24 . A person may not:
    (1) slow down or stop a vehicle;
    (2) turn a vehicle from a direct course upon a highway;  or
    (3) change from one (1) traffic lane to another;
    unless the movement can be made with reasonable safety.  Before making a movement described in this section, a person shall give a clearly audible signal by sounding the horn if any pedestrian may be affected by the movement and give an appropriate stop or turn signal in the manner provided in sections 27 through 28 of this chapter if any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

I also have an issue with the now universally accepted practice of while driving on the interstate we move into the left land when someone is merging onto the interstate. I do that but that is not the way it should properly be done. The vehicle merging should adjust their speed to either get out in front or drop in behind the cars that are traveling on the interstate. Moving into the left lane may be "nice" to the merging vehicle but is again can create the components for an accident and even putting the person who moves into the left lane into an illegal situation.:twocents:

I do this, but only if it can be done safely and without impacting other drivers already on the highway. I'm in the right lane and faster vehicles are in/approaching on the left, nope. Left lane clear, yep. I also don't expect it to be done for me so I do merge onto the highway correctly.

Top Bottom