• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Before killing them in a military attack? Depends. If they are enemy combatants, we can kill them. If they just happen to be nearby when we're attacking the enemy, we can kill them.

This, times a thousand.

Don't want to be a target? Don't hang around with -- and work with -- the enemy when we're at war.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    This, times a thousand.

Don't want to be a target? Don't hang around with -- and work with -- the enemy when we're at war.

And if this guy was walking down broadway, USA when the hellfire rained? Or maybe he was in his office cubicle? Then would all the deaths have still been the peoples own fault?

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    You still didn't answer my question, where is the proof? The burden of proof isn't on our government to prove then did nothing wrong, but on you since you are accusing them of a crime.

Wrong. I'm using the only facts currently available. Currently available, the facts are:

He was killed
    He was an american citizen
    He was a child

The military has not said anything at all about it, in fact intentionally saying a complete nothing, so utilizing the facts at hand, I come to the conclusion hat justification is required in order for it to be legal. I do NOT trust our government to make decisions such as this for citizens and CHILDREN.

God forbid we have mercy on children, who are known to be irresponsible, because they are stupid and have been raised poorly. he comes of age as an american citizen, then he's on his own.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wrong. I'm using the only facts currently available. Currently available, the facts are:

He was killed
    He was an american citizen He is also a Citizen of Yemen...
    He was a child Only in the US, in his other COuntry he has been an Adult for almost 4 years...

The military has not said anything at all about it, in fact intentionally saying a complete nothing, so utilizing the facts at hand, I come to the conclusion hat justification is required in order for it to be legal. I do NOT trust our government to make decisions such as this for citizens and CHILDREN.

God forbid we have mercy on children, who are known to be irresponsible, because they are stupid and have been raised poorly. he comes of age as an american citizen, then he's on his own.

Red points in his quote were added by myself...

He conscientiously chose to act the way he did with the persons he did as an Adult Yemeni Citizen. Oh farging well...

God might forgive him, that is his prerogative and grace to do such. Me I have way to much Scot, Irish, and Welsh in me. I might forget why I hate him, but I will never forgive him...

*ppssssstttt...
    American is always Capitalized.

Since you have so little pride as to remember this little fact then you null and void your entire discussed points. You may as well have just typed, blah, blah, blah...

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    When you can point to the government assassinating an American citizen in THIS country, you will have my attention. Until then, I am massively unconcerned with the fate of US traitors in foreign countries with ineffective central governments and no extradition treaties with the US.
    ^^^^THIS REP'D!! :rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No, but they might come to America and fly a plane into a building.

You claim you'd rather face the danger, but that's only because that danger is nowhere near you. As soon as it is you'll be running.

Overrun by what? You are worried for your physical safety? You think a teenager from Yemen is going to strap on a bomb and come to America?

These things don't even blip on my radar. I'd rather live free and face the danger. This over-hyped war on terror is keeping even the toughest talking Americans weak-kneed and whimpering for safety. I'm sick to death of it.

Rambone got a question for you, when we stop the Predator flights and are no longer firing Hellfire missles at the enemy combatants and taking the fight to them before they can to us, will you be the one to open your door and stand on the front porch with open arms welcoming these fanatical crazies in to blow up you and your family, because they'll show up if given the chance/oppurtunity.

Because when we stop taking the fight to them, then it's open season on us.

We must be diligent, relentless and ruthless in our pursuit, because if we are not, they WILL show up your, your neighbor's or some other person's doorstep with the intent to maim and kill and terrorize us into submission/defeat.

Now this so called over hyped war on terror, it's real, it's alive and it's got many many heads. We as a county see very little on what goes on over there and they have a mindset that has no value on their life or any others when it comes to their belief, I pray to god that I never have to see what goes on over there on a hourly basis, ever happen here.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is it? And I was going for absurd.

You get lucky every once in a while ;)

I was basically saying I agreed with you.

I'm quite certain there were some American citizens killed in the bombing attacks on Germany in WWII.

Checks and balances before executing someone? Absolutely.

Before killing them in a military attack? Depends. If they are enemy combatants, we can kill them. If they just happen to be nearby when we're attacking the enemy, we can kill them.

I mostly agree with this as well. My question is how we decide if they are enemy combatants. Who decides? What are the criteria? What keeps this power over American lives in check?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I mostly agree with this as well. My question is how we decide if they are enemy combatants. Who decides? What are the criteria? What keeps this power over American lives in check?

Enemy Combatant
    Enemy Combatants - Council on Foreign Relations
    An “enemy combatant” is an individual who, under the laws and customs of war, may be detained for the duration of an armed conflict. In the current conflict with al Qaida and the Taliban, the term includes a member, agent, or associate of al Qaida or the Taliban. In applying this definition, the United States government has acted consistently with the observation of the Supreme Court of the United States in Ex parte Quirin, 317 U.S. 1, 37-38 (1942): “Citizens who associate themselves with the military arm of the enemy government, and with its aid, guidance and direction enter this country bent on hostile acts are enemy belligerents within the meaning of the Hague Convention and the law of war.”

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I see no enemy government being joined by these people?

jeremy said:
    Red points in his quote were added by myself...

He conscientiously chose to act the way he did with the persons he did as an Adult Yemeni Citizen. Oh farging well...

God might forgive him, that is his prerogative and grace to do such. Me I have way to much Scot, Irish, and Welsh in me. I might forget why I hate him, but I will never forgive him..

I still question dual citizenship, but Yemen itself is not a declared enemy of the US, at least not as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong).

Here's a question. Can a 16 year old become a citizen of another nation without parental consent? Unless he can fly over there without parental consent as well as apply for citizenship, that is invalid. he's a child. Without further data from our ever so transparent government, I call shenanigans. I don't know about Muslims, but as a child, I obeyed my family under threat of harm. Who's to say he's not doing the same because he doesn't know better???

By that logic, a toddler looking for his dad who gets taken out could be targeted because he's hanging out with his dad's friends and doesn't know any better has no recourse except to die.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The President has determined that al Qaida members are unlawful combatants because (among other reasons) they are members of a non-state actor terrorist group that does not receive the protections of the Third Geneva Convention. He additionally determined that the Taliban detainees are unlawful combatants because they do not satisfy the criteria for POW status set out in Article 4 of the Third Geneva Convention. Although the President’s determination on this issue is final, courts have concurred with his determination.

I hope the president doesn't read INGO. I might become an enemy combatant overnight!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And who interprets the laws and applies them to actual cases? Is there any oversight or accountability?

You are ****ing obtuse are you not...

Target selection goes something like this...
    This is the Cliff Notes version and I am sure I have left something out... :popcorn:

An Analyst determines an anomaly...
    Teams are assigned to investigate the said anomaly...
    Evidence is compiled...
    Evidence is reviewed...
    Anomaly is determined to be a threat...
    Evidence is Re-reviewed...
    Teams are compiled to assess the threats capabilities...
    Findings are sent to Legal Staff to determine legalities that will be involved...
    Legal Staff also vets Findings and that the Threats legal statuses...
    Legal Staff turns packet over to the corresponding Agency to breif POTUS with his legal options...
    POTUS ans Staff discuss...
    POTUS Assigns Agency to Target...
    POTUS Green lights...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Perhaps the drones should be manned by lawyers. They can review the evidence just before the strike.

In fact, why is war any different? Perhaps Delta and the SEAL teams should have a lawyer. Heck, we have the technology, let's have them beam back to the States and get a judge's approval.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Enemy Combatant

Enemy Combatants - Council on Foreign Relations
    An “enemy combatant” is an individual who, under the laws and customs of war, may be detained for the duration of an armed conflict. In the current conflict with al Qaida and the Taliban, the term includes a member, agent, or associate of al Qaida or the Taliban. In applying this definition, the United States government has acted consistently with the observation of the Supreme Court of the United States in Ex parte Quirin, 317 U.S. 1, 37-38 (1942): “Citizens who associate themselves with the military arm of the enemy government, and with its aid, guidance and direction enter this country bent on hostile acts are enemy belligerents within the meaning of the Hague Convention and the law of war.”
    The CFR is not a government agency whatsoever. They are a globalist thinktank that promotes foreign interventionism. Just saying.

Plus,

U.S. Justice Department Retires 'Enemy Combatant,' Keeps Broad Right to Detain

Rambone got a question for you, when we stop the Predator flights and are no longer firing Hellfire missles at the enemy combatants and taking the fight to them before they can to us, will you be the one to open your door and stand on the front porch with open arms welcoming these fanatical crazies in to blow up you and your family, because they'll show up if given the chance/oppurtunity.

Because when we stop taking the fight to them, then it's open season on us.

We must be diligent, relentless and ruthless in our pursuit, because if we are not, they WILL show up your, your neighbor's or some other person's doorstep with the intent to maim and kill and terrorize us into submission/defeat.

Now this so called over hyped war on terror, it's real, it's alive and it's got many many heads. We as a county see very little on what goes on over there and they have a mindset that has no value on their life or any others when it comes to their belief, I pray to god that I never have to see what goes on over there on a hourly basis, ever happen here.
    I refuse to buy in and live in this kind of fear. Any individuals who stage an attack in this country will be promptly defeated. Think about it. Giving into the fear is exactly when you lose.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    In Yemen, a terminator drone targeted and killed the 16-year-old son of Anwar Al-Awlaki. He was also a U.S. citizen, and had also not been charged with any crime. I've seen no reports that claimed he was any kind of terror-mastermind or posed even the slightest threat to America's national security, as he rode around in the Yemen countryside with his teenage buddies.

Nothing to see here. :coffee:

al-Awlaki family speaks out against deaths
    317337_262260940478081_165801456790697_679100_1817806940_n.jpg

Good to hear IMO. I am sure they know things that they feel is not important to tell Rambone.:twocents:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This thread has been crying out for some Black Sabbath:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4cx1pk0P3o&feature=fvst[/ame]

Top Bottom