• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    And again, BS by random anti-vaxer site...

---------

The HPV vaccine is generally safe with no increased risk of serious adverse effects.[SUP][29][/SUP] HPV vaccines are approved for use in over 100 countries, with more than 100 million doses distributed worldwide. Extensive clinical trial and post-marketing safety surveillance data indicate that both Gardasil and Cervarix are well tolerated and safe.[SUP][29][/SUP][SUP][47][/SUP] When comparing the HPV vaccine to a placebo (control) vaccine taken by women, there is no difference in the risk of severe adverse events.[SUP][29][/SUP]
    Gardasil is a 3-dose (injection) vaccine. As of 8 September 2013 there have been more than 57 million doses distributed in the United States, though it is unknown how many have been administered.[SUP][48][/SUP] There have been 22,000 Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) reports following the vaccination.[SUP][49][/SUP] Ninety-two percent were reports of events considered to be non-serious (e.g., fainting, pain and swelling at the injection site (arm), headache, nausea and fever), and nine percent were considered to be serious (death, permanent disability, life-threatening illness and hospitalization). However, VAERS reports include any reported effects whether coincidental or causal. In response to concerns regarding the rates of adverse events associated with the vaccine, the CDC stated: "When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. VAERS receives reports on all potential associations between vaccines and adverse events."[SUP][49][/SUP]
    As of 1 September 2009, there have been 44 U.S. reports of death in females after receiving the vaccine.[SUP][49][/SUP] None of the 27 confirmed deaths of women and girls who had taken the vaccine were linked to the vaccine.[SUP][49][/SUP] There is no evidence suggesting that Gardasil causes or raises the risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome. Additionally, there have been rare reports of blood clots forming in the heart, lungs, and legs.[SUP][49][/SUP] A 2015 review conducted by the European Medicines Agency's Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee concluded that evidence does not support the idea that HPV vaccination causes complex regional pain syndrome or postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.[SUP][50][/SUP]
    As of 8 September 2013 the CDC continues to recommend Gardasil vaccination for the prevention of four types of HPV.[SUP][49][/SUP] Merck, the manufacturer of Gardasil, has committed to ongoing research assessing the vaccine's safety.[SUP][51][/SUP]
    According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the FDA, the rate of adverse side effects related to Gardasil immunization in the safety review was consistent with what has been seen in the safety studies carried out before the vaccine was approved and were similar to those seen with other vaccines. However, a higher proportion of syncope (fainting) was seen with Gardasil than is usually seen with other vaccines. The FDA and CDC have reminded health care providers that, to prevent falls and injuries, all vaccine recipients should remain seated or lying down and be closely observed for 15 minutes after vaccination.[SUP][34][/SUP] The HPV vaccination does not appear to reduce the willingness of women to undergo pap tests.[SUP][52]

----------

Now, I guess I could take the word of a random anti-vaxer site,
    But I believe I'll take the word of every health organization in the entire world over the random crap supposedly from 'Doctors' that can't be tracked in ANY medical database...

[/SUP]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And again, BS by random anti-vaxer site...

---------

The HPV vaccine is generally safe with no increased risk of serious adverse effects.[SUP][29][/SUP] HPV vaccines are approved for use in over 100 countries, with more than 100 million doses distributed worldwide. Extensive clinical trial and post-marketing safety surveillance data indicate that both Gardasil and Cervarix are well tolerated and safe.[SUP][29][/SUP][SUP][47][/SUP] When comparing the HPV vaccine to a placebo (control) vaccine taken by women, there is no difference in the risk of severe adverse events.[SUP][29][/SUP]
    Gardasil is a 3-dose (injection) vaccine. As of 8 September 2013 there have been more than 57 million doses distributed in the United States, though it is unknown how many have been administered.[SUP][48][/SUP] There have been 22,000 Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) reports following the vaccination.[SUP][49][/SUP] Ninety-two percent were reports of events considered to be non-serious (e.g., fainting, pain and swelling at the injection site (arm), headache, nausea and fever), and nine percent were considered to be serious (death, permanent disability, life-threatening illness and hospitalization). However, VAERS reports include any reported effects whether coincidental or causal. In response to concerns regarding the rates of adverse events associated with the vaccine, the CDC stated: "When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. VAERS receives reports on all potential associations between vaccines and adverse events."[SUP][49][/SUP]
    As of 1 September 2009, there have been 44 U.S. reports of death in females after receiving the vaccine.[SUP][49][/SUP] None of the 27 confirmed deaths of women and girls who had taken the vaccine were linked to the vaccine.[SUP][49][/SUP] There is no evidence suggesting that Gardasil causes or raises the risk of Guillain–Barré syndrome. Additionally, there have been rare reports of blood clots forming in the heart, lungs, and legs.[SUP][49][/SUP] A 2015 review conducted by the European Medicines Agency's Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee concluded that evidence does not support the idea that HPV vaccination causes complex regional pain syndrome or postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.[SUP][50][/SUP]
    As of 8 September 2013 the CDC continues to recommend Gardasil vaccination for the prevention of four types of HPV.[SUP][49][/SUP] Merck, the manufacturer of Gardasil, has committed to ongoing research assessing the vaccine's safety.[SUP][51][/SUP]
    According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the FDA, the rate of adverse side effects related to Gardasil immunization in the safety review was consistent with what has been seen in the safety studies carried out before the vaccine was approved and were similar to those seen with other vaccines. However, a higher proportion of syncope (fainting) was seen with Gardasil than is usually seen with other vaccines. The FDA and CDC have reminded health care providers that, to prevent falls and injuries, all vaccine recipients should remain seated or lying down and be closely observed for 15 minutes after vaccination.[SUP][34][/SUP] The HPV vaccination does not appear to reduce the willingness of women to undergo pap tests.[SUP][52][/SUP]

So basically by this statement you're saying that MrsGungho is full of s**t???? First hand account of the possible side effects that can, and DO happen. You sir are about the lowest of low!!!

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    From your own website, from someone *Claiming* to be a dentist...

[FONT=&amp](4) She concedes that Gardasil is safe for most women and girls but informed consent regarding serious adverse side effects must be disclosed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Disclosure is as simple as reading the REQUIRED included information...

The FACT that reported vaccine 'Adverse Reactions' are exactly the same as people that never had the vaccine or had placebos as telling as anything... No statistical difference.

As for "Mrs. Gungho" (Gung Ho? Really?) ...
    No mention of a "Mrs. Gungho" in the idiotic rant website that contradicts it's own supposed 'Information'.
    Much like the supposed 'Doctors' represented in the article, and keep in mind the promoter claims to be a DENTIST,
    Not a viral researcher...

Might as well be a 'Doctorate' from an on line religious collage that no one ever heard of the religion or the school,
    Just a piece of paper printed out from the internet, if they have that much...
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

[FONT=&amp]Disclosure is as simple as reading the REQUIRED included information...

The FACT that reported vaccine 'Adverse Reactions' are exactly the same as people that never had the vaccine or had placebos as telling as anything... No statistical difference.

[/FONT]
    No mention of a "Mrs. Gungho" in the idiotic rant website that contradicts it's own supposed 'Information'.
    Much like the supposed 'Doctors' represented in the article, and keep in mind the promoter claims to be a DENTIST,
    [FONT=&amp]
    Might as well be a 'Doctorate' from an on line religious collage that no one ever heard of the religion or the school,
    [/FONT]

Oddly, I was unable to find a Doctor JeepHammer in any published literature either. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well it’s not so much the information that’s annoying. Information is information.

The way it’s delivered.....

Bingo.

I would swear this is an abortion thread.

I know MrsG in the real and do believe what she relates as I have direct knowledge of her situation. Different folks have different reactions to drugs/imunizations. It is not a real stretch to understand this. Science is not totally reliable across the board. Look at climate science. Follow the money. Pretty easy to see.

Lets tone this down a step or 2 or the hammer will be dusted off. And I would rather not go there.

Thanks and you all have the best Saturday.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    So basically by this statement you're saying that MrsGungho is full of s**t???? First hand account of the possible side effects that can, and DO happen. You sir are about the lowest of low!!!
    and then continues on to "make fun" of my name :rolleyes:

[/FONT]

you believe what you want to believe, I'll continue to believe what I know.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I love when people throw around science denier to try to shutdown anyone that disagrees with their viewpoint.
    It's not an attempt to shut anyone down, it's just a factual statement. There's a strong concensus among scientists that climate change is real and vaccines are effective. Denying those things is denying science. I know that there are AM radio show hosts and bloggers that have alternative facts, but like you said, those are "viewpoints", not science.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    It's not an attempt to shut anyone down, it's just a factual statement. There's a strong concensus among scientists that climate change is real and vaccines are effective. Denying those things is denying science. I know that there are AM radio show hosts and bloggers that have alternative facts, but like you said, those are "viewpoints", not science.

There was also strong consensus among scientists that the "Negroid" and "Mongoloid" sub-human races of mankind were naturally lesser than those who matched a white, European model. Odd, how that consensus was made by white, European scientists writing to white, European readers.

It was also once scientific consensus that the sun orbited the earth, since after all the Catholic Church's dogma at the time insisted that it must be so. Contrary to what may well be popular belief, the Catholic Church was neither run nor staffed by braindead morons and they took the staffing of and studying in a University rather seriously. Even so, when one Mr. Galileo saw fit to disagree, even providing evidence to prove his contrary position, he was pretty much ruined. He died broken and penniless while peddlers of falsehoods enjoyed the accolades of the scientific community.

Scientists are just people. Some sincerely want to solve mysteries of the earth, explore the infinite depths of space, or ponder the makeup of our physical universe in its myriad formats. Others are content to publish that which will gain them a cushy and relatively non-threatening position at some college, think-tank, or government office. Both of them argue with each other as to the reality that their experimentation and data-gathering put on display.

When it comes to vaccines, I'm all for people using or not as the data leads us to conclude. The problem is I don't have a label on the side of that bottle, needle, chart or whatever that tells me my risk of suffering the rare but serious side-effects that vaccines without question can cause. I'm just told to do it, because smart people told me to and I'm too dumb to think for myself. If the odds of contracting a disease with serious (i.e. death, death causing, debilitating) results are X, and the odds of similarly nasty side effects are Y from the preventative vaccine...just tell me! I can figure out which to choose when odds of death without vaccine are 20% and odds of death from side effect is 1%. You take the shot. If the situation is reversed, you don't take the shot unless it makes sense in your peculiar circumstance (family history, profession, etc).

But for some reason this is shrouded in platitudes instead. Give me numbers. Surely if you know it to be safe then you have numbers you can demonstrate conclusively to back it up. Show everything, from the studies and relevant data to the conclusions all publicly. Why not?

Climate change...yeah that's just laughable. How many times by now are we supposed to have either frozen the earth over or alternatively been drowning by this point? Climates change, with or without us. Ask Europe how the Little Ice Age went.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    My apologies to 'Mrs Gungho', I didn't realize that was a user name since it was used in relationship to the anti-vaxers article.

----------

So,
    To get this straight in my head,

10s of thousands of highly educated medical professionals,
    Lab techs, virologists, thousands of actual doctors spending time in pre-med, medical school, residency, specialized training & certifications,
    Years of dogged research, animal trials, efficacy trials, human trials, collection of patient data - both vaccinated & placebo,
    Post release oversight boards, and let's not forget the legal tort claim system in the US...

Then oversight from CDC, National Institute Of Health, FDA, WHO,
    And EVERY health organization in every country in the world...

And the anti-vaxers outright say that EVERY SINGLE ONE of those people, who spent there entire adult lives working to improve the human situation are paid off (follow the money comment) to hurt & cripple people knowingly...
    That is saying the entirety of these people are psychopaths that spent years getting education, years in research to bring the vaccines to the general population for long hours, small paychecks just so they could cripple & kill people?
    How does that argument make ANY sense?

I agree the 'Executives', business majors, ad executives, sales staff have a single thought, Profit.
    There is no excuse for a $30 drug costing $4,000
    I'm aware that pharma needs to recoup up to a billion in development costs in the limited time frame of a patent...
    That drives initial costs up. Period.

It doesn't help that our government has been constantly cutting open source research funding.
    Veterans know this first hand, the National Institute of Health funding cutbacks have seriously crippled the VA, the NIH did a lot of research for VA patients and took on many of the worst Veterans cases.
    Simply no money for the VA research and treatment projects now, along with many general population research projects.
    (Good news for big pharma, bad for the general public in terms of treatment & new medicines)

--------

Now, if I follow the money,
    The 'Doctor' that promotes the web site is making money on his 'Alternate Cancer Cure' books and other 'Alternate' books, like anti-vax propaganda.

His own website (I have to assume to avoid lawsuits) states, and I quote,

"(4) She concedes that Gardasil is SAFE for most women and girls,
    but informed consent regarding serious adverse side effects must be disclosed."

After all the RED FLAG (false flag), DIRE, END OF THE WORLD WARNINGS,
    The website completely reverses itself with the same warnings that are required in the advertising & consent literature...

-------

AND,
    What EXACTLY does this VOLUNTARY vaccine have to do with common childhood vaccines that have decades of research, development & virtually no side effects that are REQUIRED for some public schools?

You have a right to pass on any vaccine, that's your choice, and right.
    You simply can't endanger everyone else's children if you CHOOSE not to vaccinate.
    See the cases of measles right now, that choice is endangering brain damage, vision, sterility and even death of OTHER PEOPLE because of the 'choices' some anti-vaxers have made.

Points being made AGAIN with the anti-vaxers own quotes,
    My last word on the subject.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is exactly what it is. Questioning things is what science is all about. Trying to stop people from doing so is denying science, not the other way around.

A strong consensus does not make anything fact. Nevermore had some great examples. Another one was the Earth is flat.

You can keep telling yourself that anyone that doesn't believe like you is just denying science, but that doesn't mean they are anymore than any of the other nonsensical things that have been believed through the history of man.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The efficacy and relative safety of vaccines and global climate change are both scientific subjects, but they are mostly argued about in a political realm, by people who get their information from political sources.

Getting your scientific knowledge from political sources is like getting a pizza from a Chinese restaurant. Ask for one and you may get it, but don't be surprised if it has a little squid and soy sauce on it.

Top Bottom